We stayed at the BW 'Plus' Cimarron Suites last weekend for OSU's Homecoming. It really is 'Plus' - with lodge-like decor and great service down the the cookies that were on the tray by the front desk, this is not your daddy's Best Western.
This is my second stay at the Cimarron. It's a perfect location for anything you plan in Stillwater. You can get game-day parking and walk 2 blocks to the stadium with your stay. Really can't beat that option for parking. We used the military rate and rooms were much less expensive than typical rates for that weekend, which apparently shoot up from the standard charge of a non game weekend.
The rooms I stayed in - 1 dbl queen and 1 single queen were both very clean, well decorated, great bed and compfy sheets - high thread count cotton. A big bathroom, shower area. Also a good sized mini fridge and microwave along with single serve coffee maker that is quite handy. The windows in the room actually open - (there's a screen)and you can enjoy the fresh air if the weather is conducive. Great view to the west of OSU Campus.
My only negative is in the TV viewing area, as I'm a bit of a news junkie, no CNN or Fox or any cable news stations < ( I don't get that, but maybe it's a cable thing. We're not there to watch TV, but still annoying. Also, no rentals for movies, and no DVD player.
There's a bar on the 4th floor that had happy hour with $2 export beers, that was nice.
They also did a nice breakfast and snack time. As hotels in Stillwater fill up quickly for big events, it's a good bet they'll be sold out no matter the rate, so book ahead and see about a discount. You won't find a better hotel in Stillwater that's close to everything - walking distance really. Business service center is great as well.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We're a hotel rich with small town charm and Oklahoman hospitality - all within walking distance of Oklahoma State University. With an indoor heated pool, fourth floor bar, and spacious rooms, guests of ours don't have to go far to relax! A complimentary, full hot breakfast buffet greets guests each morning and ensures a great start to the day. Indulge yourself in favorites like buttery waffles, pastries, fresh fruits, a cereal and yogurt bar, and 100% Arabica coffee or cold juices. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Best Western, Travelocity, Cancelon, Priceline, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS Cimarron Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Cimarron Hotel And Suites
- Best Western Cimarron Hotel Stillwater