“Don't pass this one up!”

Holiday Inn Stillwater - University East
Ranked #12 of 17 Hotels in Stillwater
Reviewed November 8, 2010

After reading the very mixed reviews, I was a little leery of staying here, but am glad we did. It's in a great location- right when you come into town with easy access to campus. Though we arrived late, we had no problem finding a parking space despite the hotel being full. Our first impression when we drove up was positive, and we weren't disappointed. Everything from the parking lot to the rooms appeared to be clean and in good repair. We had a room with two queens and found it be be clean, spacious and quiet. The bed was the most comfortable we have ever slept in. (My husband even liked it better than our sleep number at home.) The internet connected easily and was quick and reliable. Both check-in and check-out were effortless- the clerks that we worked with were not only professional, but friendly too. We did not have an opportunity to use the workout room, pool or restaurant but did take advantage of the fresh coffee available at check-out. Though Holiday Inn's are generally not out first choice when traveling, this property is definitely number one for us in Stillwater.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 27, 2010

This property has so much potential but beware- they have a serious bug problem. I found several dead ones and two live ones- one crawled across my suitcase and the other one was in the bed. This was right before I checked out but I was disgusted thinking about the possibility of sleeping with bugs-yuck! I told the front desk staff but they just wrote down the info and offered no apology or explanation.

This was actually the second room I had as the first one had no toiletries and a full refrigerator. A colleague of mine stayed here several months ago and had said they gave her a dirty room and she had to wait while they cleaned one for her. I should have listened to her and trip advisor!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank lillah19
Reviewed September 3, 2010

Worst place ever. Over priced. No security.water leaks and bugs everywhere.worthless GM I ever talked with.

• Stayed: May 2010
Reviewed May 30, 2010

I reserved a room online through Holiday Inn's own site. I called for an early check in and was told that housekeeping was behind and my room would be ready by the 3pm check in time but not before. I arrived at the hotel at my next opportunity, 5:30pm and was told the room would be ready in 15 minutes. I left my bags at the front desk and returned to my business. When I arrived back at 9pm, I was informed my room was not ready and would not be ready. Housekeeping had left and the room was uncleaned. The hotel did not offer to assist me in locating a room. All other rooms in Stillwater were occupied and I ended up driving late at night back to my home. The trash cans were overflowing, there was no toilet paper in the restrooms, and there were at least 60 people in the hotel pool. Upon asking for a manager, I learned that no manager was onsite until Monday. I will address my complaint with a regional manager today.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed November 16, 2009

Very helpful & friendly staff. The motel was very clean, small business center and nice workout room. The bed was EXCELLENT! I have never had such a great nights sleep at a motel before. The only problem I had was the price. We stayed in a "suite" that was smaller than average. I expected a living area, and it was just a chair beside one of the beds. Very disappointed in the size of the room for the price I paid. Have stayed at several motels in the area and will go back to one of those.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed September 17, 2009

This hotel was exceptional. It was really hard to believe it was a Holiday Inn which goes to show that Holiday Inn is stepping up. The rooms were very spacious and the beds were super comfortable. The rooms were something like you would find in higher end hotel properties. The staff was very personable and helpful with directions, etc. We ate in the restaurant one night during our stay and was not disappointed. I can't imagine anyone being disappointed with a stay at this new property.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 14, 2009

The brand new Holiday Inn is nothing like the Holiday Inn of old. I was blown away by how nice the hotel is and even more than that, the bar and restaurant the hotel features is amazing! With TV's at each booth and a dark mahogany bar, they have captured the feel of elegance and sport in one bar. I highly reccommend this hotel!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple