“Good stay, good location”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Stillwater
Ranked #12 of 17 Hotels in Stillwater
Newtown, Pa
“Good stay, good location”
Reviewed October 15, 2011

Clean, helpful staff, typical free breakfast you see in many chain hotels nowadays. Good location, close to many restaurants, Starbucks, and within walking distance to Pickens stadium and OSU campus

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank k2four

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Greeley, Colorado
Reviewed April 3, 2011

I had paid for three nights stay at the Fairfield Inn and was able to leave a day early due to completing my business early. I checked out between 8:30 and 9:00 on Sunday morning. I talked directly to the manager whom was on duty and the young woman acknowledged my checking out. When I contacted Orbitz the next day to get a refund they said they had to contact the hotel to have the hotel confirm this. Well, this is where the problem began. The hotel manager, whom is a young man, said he had to talk to the Sunday manager. For the next four days he played a game of cat and mouse saying he couldn't confirm I had checked out. It was just a way for him not to have to refund my last nights monies. Orbitz was wonderful in trying to get my money back but I finally gave up. It is a crummy thing for a hotel to have to resort to these tactics. I would never stay here again

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank fishingbig
Coppell, Texas
Reviewed March 2, 2011

If you travels take you to Stillwater, you will have the typical "cheaper" hotels available. But for only a few dollars more, why not sleep on wonderful beds with great linens and pillows, free wireless Internet, great location, and wonderful staff? This hotel will make your stay comfortable.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
Wichita, KS
Reviewed October 7, 2010

If you've stayed at one Fairfield Inn you've pretty much stayed at all of them since they all are pretty much the same and like the others this one didn't disappoint. Quick check-in, nice room, good beds, pool and hot tub kept very clean and not too much clorine and the breakfast was decent. In a good location with lots of restaurants and shopping nearby, if you get a chance check out Mexico Joes right across from the hotel. It is part of the Eskimo Joes franchise and when we weren't able to get in there due to the long lines we tried Mexico Joes and was pleasantly surpised as they weren't very busy and had a great atmosphere and great Mexican food.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank ICT_Jayhawk
Austin, TX
Reviewed June 11, 2010

We stayed at the Fairfield Inn Stillwater while in town for son's Okla. State University freshman orientation. Beds were comfortable, room was clean and pleasant (loved the color scheme!). Front desk employee was very friendly and courteous upon check-in.

I stopped at the front desk when my family was on its way to dinner in order to ask for a restaurant recommendation (she was "right on" when she recommended Joseppi's). The front desk person was on the phone with a past guest, who obviously had a problem and while I waited for her to finish the call, I observed her being very calm and courteous to the person she was talking to, although it was obvious that the past guest was being persistent about having a problem rectified AND besides myself, another person was waiting for assistance at the front desk.
I did not mind the wait because I appreciated the fact that the person on the telephone was being treated as I would like to be treated if I was the person calling the hotel.

The attendant in the breakfast area was very hospitable and went out of her way to make sure the guests had what they wanted for breakfast and thankfully, even worked as a hostess, trying to accomodate (find seats) all of the guests who showed up for breakfast at the same time.

This hotel is within walking distance to restaurants.

Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Georgia
Reviewed August 23, 2008

Our room was clean, everything very up to date. I personally prefer a comforter and found Fairfield's "new linen concept" a little lacking. The linens are crisp and fresh, however, if you like the weight and warmth of a traditional comforter, as I do, you will be disappointed. Marriott would be wise to revisit this idea, as in my opinion, the perceived value of the room is greatly diminished.

The top covers consisted of a sheet, a very thin "comforter" (more like a thin mattress pad) , then another top sheet. At the foot of each bed was a decorative "bed scarf". Although the room was very aesthetically pleasing, my first impression was that Marriott had really skimped on the bedding......and that I would be cold all night! ( There were 4 nice pillows on each bed...a real plus - Also the mattress was comfotable)

We immediately called for blankets and were quickly
accommodated. At check out, I asked how guests were reacting to the new concept, and was told that business travelers seem to like them, but most leisure travelers expressed they preferred a traditional comforter.

The breakfast was above average, with great service. The attendant, (Maggie, I believe) , actually served the biscuits (choice of 3 Jimmy Dean sandwiches) & even cooked waffles if you wanted one. Great Mid-Western hospitality!

Would stay again.....but another chain I like would win out if available in the same town....based simply on the bedding! Guess I'm spoiled.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank hughlene
near St. Louis (IL)
Reviewed October 26, 2007

Had a 2 night stay here recently to visit family.
Had a minor problem on check in, but it was immediately taken care of....Had requested a ground floor non smoking room. upon check in, found we had a 3rd floor smoking room, but like I said, it was immediately taken care of.

We ended up getting close to the pool & breakfast bar, which is what we wanted.

The hotel had a lovely pool & spa, which were clean & well taken care of.
Wish I could remember the attendant's name who was assisting with breakfast. I felt like I was at a restaurant. I'm not used to having people at hotels wait on me!!

The hotel was clean, staff was friendly. The price was reasonable. The only thing that could have been better would have been a microwave/fridge in the room. My son would have liked video games, but then he'd like them in the grocery store,too.

• Liked — comfy beds, friendly & helpful staff
  • Disliked — no microwave/ fridge in room
  • Stayed October 2007