“Great Place to Stay!”

The Atherton Hotel at OSU
Ranked #7 of 17 Hotels in Stillwater
Reviewed February 28, 2008

Recently stayed at the Atherton for a weekend while my daughter attended an OSU event. The hotel is great! The room was wonderful. They even brought in a roll away bed for my daughter and the mattress was comfy and thick, unlike most roll aways. The mattress on my bed was excellent. Nice and soft. The complimentary breakfast that was served each morning was great. Not just muffins and coffee, but eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy along with the wonderful breads, bagels, and muffins. The hotel is conveniently located right on campus and I would recommend it to anyone who is staying in Stillwater. Also, make a reservation at the Ranchers Club. The steaks are wonderful!

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled with family

Reviewed November 1, 2007

The Atherton is right on the OSU campus, one of the most beautiful campuses in America. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank BoonePickens
Reviewed October 29, 2007

This hotel is delightful and as OSU alums we were excited to see how the place looked after renovations. The lobby is beautiful, welcoming, and decorated in restful colors. Rooms are not overly large but plush, quiet, and charming----best described as cozy and relaxing. Our room looked exactly like the picture on the website and the bed was the most comfortable hotel bed I've ever slept on. The linens were so luxurious I felt like I was sleeping on spun air. Bathroom was small but quite pretty, clean, loaded with goodies including a teeny rubber duckie (which I took!!). Thick plush terry robes are provided. Our room price included a continental breakfast in the elegant cattlemen's themed restaurant, and the food was exquisite. The best part about the hotel (including the restaurant) is that it is staffed by students who not only knew a great deal of trivia about the hotel and the restaurant, but they were pleasant and cheerful and knocked themselves out to accommodate us. The attached parking garage did not offer free parking for hotel guests but there was never an attendant on duty.

Stayed: February 2005
1  Thank chocirish
Reviewed September 30, 2007

I recently stayed at the Atherton while attending a wedding held on campus. I was absolutely disappoined and frustrated with the hotel and staff.
My hotel room was not quite ready when I arrived at 3:30pm, but within a few minutes I was able to check into my room.
The bathroom was filthy. There were toothpaste spatters all over the front of the shelf over the bathroom sink. The toilet handle was broken. There was body hair around the edge of the bath tub and there was smeared blood on the door facing and by the light switch.
As I left the room to attend the wedding, I stopped at the front desk with the list of problems. The staff assured me they would take care of the problem. When I returned from the wedding much later that night, the only thing taken care of was the toothpaste spatters.
I called again for housekeeping, but no one was available. They did send up a maintenance man to repair the toilet handle.
I found the linen closet on another floor, gathered cleaning supplies and cleaned the bathroom.
The next morning, I noticed blood smears on the wall in a corner of the room. I notified the staff upon checking out about that as well. No one from the staff ever responded to my concerns or complaints. I would NOT recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed December 28, 2006

We loved the Atherton. It was completely redone a few years ago and everything is new and the rooms are outfitted very well. They have amazing featherbeds and high quality linens on every bad. You are also surrounded by the beautiful OSU campus. The students staffing the hotel were very courteous. The only bad things is that parking is not free, though the attendant was there only twice of the three times we drove out of the garage and he only charged us once. There is also not tons of counter-space in the bathroom since the sink is the stand alone type rather than the type with a vanity. Although this gives the bathroom a better look, it was really the only inconvenience of our stay and we easily worked around it.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled with family
2  Thank ksgirl8
Reviewed February 12, 2006

I stayed at the Atherton with my family and it was a lovely hotel. It is located in the Student Union on the Oklahoma State University campus. We parked our car at the hotel and walked everywhere. The location was great.

The staff was very friendly and welcoming. The hotel has recently been updated and the room decor was pleasant and inviting. They are known for their beds because they use 300-thread count sheets and down comforters. The bed was soft but not too soft and very comfortable especially after an activity filled day. The bathroom was a little small but they made up for that by providing shampoo/conditioner/lotion from Bath & Body Works. They even had a little rubber ducky sitting on the bathroom towels (a little silly but cute).

The continental breakfast was great and it was served in their new steak restaurant (Ranchers). The restaurant is decorated in a western theme and very upscale.

We would definitely stay at the Atherton again. Enjoy your stay and GO POKES!

7  Thank devocheez
Reviewed September 7, 2005

Regarding rooms, the Atherton has the best in the state. I don't know what the thread count is on the Egyptian cotton, but it's very high. VERY nice rooms and beds to die for, best sleep (ect...) I ever had. They recently renovated their restaurant (Ranchers??), and it's VERY nice as well. We stayed on a football game friday night back in 2003 and it's even better now. I highly recommend staying at the Atherton, but it's next to impossible to get a room on game day. It's on Campus and has beautiful views of the grounds if you get the right rooms. Granted they aren't the biggest rooms in the world, they are very plush and don't spare amenities. Really nice rodes are provided.

• Stayed: November 2003