Days Inn Stillwater
$94
$159
Home2.com
TripAdvisor
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed September 8, 2010

Left here with bites all over my body and now a potentially big bill to get them out of our house. Spend a few extra $$'s a night to stay somewhere else and save yourself potentially thousands in bed bug extermination fees! I'll never stay at a Day's Inn again.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 29, 2010

I am not overly picky. My nephew made these reservations and I knew this would be a bargain room and had reasonable expectations. This however, was beyond horrible. (Why I did not check review first, I will never know!) The place was filthy, with disgusting stuff on and around the bed frame, dirt in the corners and worst of all, a brown smelly water that came up into the tub. There are at least 5 better, inexpensive hotels in the area. Had we been able to move, we would have ran out of there. Do yourself a favor, spend $10-$15 more per night and feel like you can sleep in something other than your clothes, or drive an extra 10 minutes to Stllwater and stay outside of town.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 24, 2010

I booked a non-smoking room but the room was foul with old stinky cigarette smoke. The room had not been cleaned and there was a crusty pile of vomit or cereal on the carpet next to the bed. The a/c did not work and there were dead cockroaches sticking out of the unit. The bathroom had not been cleaned. The walls were dingy and dirty. The furniture was broken. I asked for a refund and left. I was told my card would be refunded but it hasn't been. I have made three phone calls trying to get my money back.
For less money you could stay down the road at the Relax Inn, that's what I did. It was clean, had a pleasant staff, and a nice pool.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed November 1, 2009

As the other reviewers said, this place is not up to the standards of other Days Inns.

Our first first impression was made when we walked into the lobby, only to find the young desk clerk watching TV in the area between the breakfast room and the front desk. She quickly moved into the office to check us in, but clearly was not doing her job when we arrived.

The hotel is an old one and poorly maintained. Our room was cramped. Many of the doors in our room were scuffed and needed paint. There was poorly applied paint and caulk around the tub and sink in the bathroom, The TV channels' names and numbers that displayed on the TV were not the channels ones being shown.

Our door key cards didn't work and it took three separate trips back to the front office to get one of them to work. Even then, the desk clerk had to come to our room, use her master key card to open the door. After all that, we didn't bother to try to get her to get get the other card to work.

Connecting to the wireless internet was difficult and frustrating. The signal was VERY weak and connecting was a hit or miss proposition. There was only one localized area in the room (right next to the door) where the signal was strong enough to connect -- and it wasn't anywhere near an outlet and you had to sit on the floor there to use a laptop.

To top it off, the first night we stayed there, there were numerous loud voices outside out room at about 2:00 a.m. and again at about 3:00 a.m. At about 6:00 a.m., there were two instances of people beeping their horns. Needless to say, we didn't sleep well while we were there.

The maids failed to clean our room while we were there.

Breakfast is the typical meager, high carbohydrate continental breakfast with cereals and breads. They did put out some bananas and apples, but that was the only decent things to eat.

If you're desperate for a room on a sports weekend in Stillwater and you don't want to have to drvie from Oklahoma City or Perry, you can stay there, Just realize that it's a worse experience than a Motel 6.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 30, 2009

This place was horrible and I have stayed in many Days Inns.
We arrived at 10:30pm to be put into a room where the air onditioning did not work. We were moved to another room where the air was sub-optimal. The bathroom door was unfinished. The pool chairs where falling apart. The pool was not full of water. The ice machine was unable to produce ice at 5pm. The soda machine ate my money. The toilet over flowed for no good reason.The sheets were not changed on the second day. There was mildew in the the shower/bath tub.

My daughter will be going to OSU for the next 4 years. I will never return to this DUMP and I will bad mouth this place. You know how one person tells someone and then they tell someone, etc.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family