“FAIL!!!”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 8, 2012

Fratelli’s has ALWAYS been a family favorite. However, I haven’t eaten there in a couple of years, so tonight, I decided to try it [again], because I was a little too tired to cook dinner.

For my son and I – we ordered a dish of chicken alfredo ($8.99) and a dish of baked ziti ($6.99). The main courses come with either soup or salad. Tonight was chicken and rice soup night. I admit… I was pretty excited! The chicken and rice soup was a FAVORITE when I was pregnant. For the other dish we chose a side salad with the tomato balsamic vinergerette dressing. The waiter said the order would take 20 minutes to cook, so my son and I left our house in ten. The total was $17.25 for the food. No tip or drinks included.

I must admit – this restaurant has gone downhill since I was there last. The chicken and rice soup – once SO good – was cold and greasy. A red film of grease could be seen on the soup when the container was open.

The chicken alfredo was bland and for the price paid… well… it was NOT worth it. The sauce was watery and really had no taste at all. The first bite of chicken shocked my tastebuds. The chicken had an odd burned flavor to it, but upon a second bite I couldn’t tell if it was boiled, and then grilled… or really, I am not sure how it was cooked, but it was not appealing at all. I am quite positive that a can of Ragu alfredo sauce would beat the heck out of this sauce.

The baked ziti was mediocre. It was meatless, which was appetizing. It did have a little more flavor than the chicken alfredo, but that was the came from the melted cheese on top of the ziti noodles.

We did get four pieces of bread with our take-out meal, which was alright, because that was all my son would eat. The bread was cold, but it had a medium-yeasty flavor bite to it, which was decent.

The salad… well, how can a person mess up a salad? I’m sure it could happen, but the only really EXCELLENT part of the meal was the salad dressing. It had SUCH an amazing flavor of oil and tomatoes. It was really thick, too, almost like a red sauce, but more thin. It was absolutely delicious. I wish the rest of the food could have lived up to the salad dressing.

For the price – I admit I ate the food – my son and I both got full with left overs. :/ However, I am not sure who would want the leftovers…

The food simply was NOt good and I probably will not visit there again. I am puzzled how the place can get decent reviews on here... and stay in business with food like that. Shawneeites must have terrible taste...

1  Thank GoodTastebudsAutumn

Reviewed June 1, 2012 via mobile

This was my second time going there. Have you ever seen a cartoon where a character orders at a fancy restaraunt and all they get is a pea? My husband ordered veal and it had a thin sauce with capers. The veal was tough, when it's suppose to be tender. He ate all his meal and sponged up the sauce with overly salty breadsticks. My meal was fetticinni Alfredo. The sauce was horrible and when we told the waitress about our meal she didn't say anything. It took a long time to get our bill and leave. I'm from Chicago and we know how to do Italian food and that was not Italian.

Reviewed May 28, 2012 via mobile

We were visiting Shawnee where we lived years ago before this restaurant was here. We were delighted to find something so special located here now! We dined on a Sunday when so much is closed in this town. In fact, we arrived near closing time but they welcomed us graciously and never hurried us out. The house salad dressing was amazing. The bread is homemade and fresh. Then each of our entrees was fabulous and all served promptly. It is a wonderful experience to have such fine dining in such a casual atmosphere and the price is cheap for the quality and quantity given. They also have a very friendly staff and all I can say is BUONO!!

Reviewed May 23, 2012

The 5 star reviews probably were compared to tv dinners......... This place was not good..... I asked for a greek salad, it came with wilted salad leaves, a handfull of feta cheese and some kind of house dressing..... that was it, 7$....... it was so salty i couldnt eat it and it looked horrible. their cheese bread was soggy and hard as rock. very cheaply put together, it looks just like an old mazzio's pizza........ quality-0%....... im surprised i didnt get sick.

2  Thank HGEOFF
Reviewed January 1, 2012

My husband and I decided to try this place one night we will never go back. We ordered a pizza and when it arrived it actually looked good. My husband got his piece a long black hair hung from the side all wrapped in cheese which means it was baked in the pizza and didn't just fall on top. We were so grossed out, we showed the waitress and she said that she too thought it was gross. We then left and have never been back.

3  Thank Biscuit134