“VERY RUDE”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Shawnee
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Shawnee
Reviewed November 29, 2010

After reading the previous review I know that there is a serious problem with customer service. I have stayed there every year for the past 4 years for the holidays. On day 5 of my visit I was informed of the age rule for the computer. I called to make sure that it was not an issue of behavior from my 13 year old (it was not, other kids crashed the computer). It was a form of entertainment and it sucked that after all these years it has changed and pissed me off. I said that and Kendal (spiky hair older woman) told me that they were a small chain and they could do what they wanted. When Christine the manager called me I felt ganged up on, I understand the rule but the issue was when I told the employee that the situation sucked instead of doing her job and saying I am sorry I will let managment know, that is what I expected, I was told I had a bad attitude and would not get good service with an attitude like that. The manager she could hear my bad attitude, I said it is not a bad attitude, I am upset and trying to explain why!!! She had me on speaker phone with the two of them and the manager allowed her employee to say I didn't deserve good service because of my attitued. Her apology was " I am sorry I followed the rules". I undertood the stupid rule my issue was the horrible treatment, I felt uncomfortable and felt the need to sneak out the side doors to avoid staff.

Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family

Reviewed November 17, 2010

I will never stay in that hotel, rather sleep in my car... Was there in Feb 2010 and the nicest lady name Terrie was workin there at the time. The only reason i went back to that hotel was because of her.When i found out they release her i will never go back. she was kind , cute and very caring. They made a big mistake by get rid of her. That crazy manager Christine is the 1 that needs to go... I travel alot and i will spread the word that they realized 1 of the nicest employees... Terrie if ur out there somewhere best of luck to you.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank cokie1
Reviewed October 27, 2010

The best way to describe the hotel is average. The rooms were average, the breakfast was average, the service was average, etc. I was on a long road trip with my mother and we both slept fine. The room did smell a little musty when we arrived but once we put the AC on the smell disappeared. If I was driving through I would stay here again but not really for any other reason.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed October 21, 2010

My grandparents and I stayed in a room with 2 beds. Each bed needed to have the mattresses replaced because they were worn out. Everything else was nice though and it is located with easy access off I-40 and close to restaurants and the shopping mall.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed October 20, 2010

This place is disgusting!!! My daughter was bitten by several bed bugs, they were all over the mattress. When I told the woman named Kendal that was working behind the front desk she got very rude with me...she put us in contact with the manager Christine who was even ruder to us...she was being rude to us when our daughter was being bitten by bed bugs at her hotel!!!!!! They offered to comp us another room but we declined.....I refused to stay in there another night with the bugs, not to mention the rude staff!!! Also we heard one of the matience workers Bill was his name messing around with one of the maids in one of the rooms, even though the door was closed you could hear what they were doing in there. I would NOT recommend this place to anyone!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Sharoncase38
Reviewed June 4, 2010

Had gone to Shawnee, Oklahoma to celebrate my Grandma's 85th birthday. We had 4 small children & 5 adults in two rooms. The first night we were awakened by the feeling of something crawling on us. To are surprise, it was many BED BUGS!!!!Not just one or two, but many. After stripping the sheets & pulling back the mattress, could not believe the sight!!!Took a sample of what we had found down to the desk & was told that there was nothing they could do at that time, as the manager was not there, found out later she lives in the hotel, They did say they had one room on the third floor they could move us too, but it was smoking & all of are children have allergies & we do not expose them to the smell of smoke if we can avoid it. We were not able to sleep, as they just kept coming out. Was told the manager would be there at 7:00 A.M., she wasn't. When she finally showed up, she did not want to even talk about the incident, said she would comp us for the night. Said she would move us next door to the Comfort Inn at a reduced rate. Well, we packed everything up. Called the other members of our party & told them what had happened. They had not found anything in their beds, but decided, under the circumstances, they wanted to move as well. She was very rude to them, as well. Well, we all did get moved, when we arrived at the Comfort Inn, who was checking the people in, but the manager from the La Quinta!!!!! She manages both places. When we started checking in, we asked her exactly what the rate would be for the night. It was $20 more than she had quoted us before we moved. When we started asking her why, she said for us to please not talk about the BED BUGS, as this was a new hotel, & she didn't want people hearing our conversation!! I totally understand that, but what she didn't even understand, or care to try to understand, was the whole disaster we had just experienced!!!We were all very tired, it completely ruined the day, as we were exhausted. When we arrived back home, we called the Shawnee Health Department to report the incident. They went & inspected the room, & did find the bugs. We had taken pillows for all of us & after researching, found out we needed to get rid of them. Spent $60 on new ones. Put all of our suitcases in plastic bags & sealed them up. We had several conversations with the manager after we talked to the health department, she was rude on every occasion. I think the part that upsets us the most is our whole weekend was ruined because of someone else's neglect, & all she could say was, please don't talk of this!!!!If any of you are planning a trip to Shawnee, Oklahoma this summer, & staying in the La Quinta, beware of BED BUGS!!!

Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank sbrown51
Reviewed February 11, 2010

Janet at the front desk is the best. She was baking cookies for the customers at the front desk when we walked in. It was really nice to walk into a hotel lobby and have that kind of hospitality to welcome you. She was very courtious and helpful. This hotel is a great place to stay for comfort and access to Shawnee. Thanks Janet.
NASH