“GREAT STOP WITH PETS”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Shawnee
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Shawnee
Reviewed September 1, 2011

This was my first experience traveling with a pet. I had a couple reservations because I have never stayed at a La Quinta before. I was extremely
impressed! Staff was fantastic! We had a king room and it was a nice size and very clean. Bathroom were also nice sized. The bed was very comfortable and the room was quiet!

I really liked the pool area and outside sitting area. There was also a large green area for walking the dog. My biggest impression was the green area was clean, not dull of pet wastes.

Add up no pet deposit, free Internet, and free breakfast for under $100 = GREAT STAY!!!

Room Tip: Call and talk to hotel directly
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed August 25, 2011

I almost didn't call this hotel because a lot of the La Quinta Inn's are now smoke free. I am glad I did. The third floor of this La Quinta is for smokers. I also travel with my working dog Molly who was welcomed by the staff there.

The staff was courteous and warm. They made sure you had the password for internet at check in, and even had warm cookies and coffee for the guests in the evening.

Breakfast was good, and if you selected well it was healthy. No just empty carbs that are provided by a lot of the hotels these days.

There was a nice grassy/field next to the hotel to walk my dog in.

Check in and check out was done very efficently. I would definately stay there again/

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed July 1, 2011

was happy with the place until at breakfast a young blond employee tells me i cant have my baby in the breakfast room because he didnt have shoes (he doesnt walk) & then tells a couple with 4 children same thing because they also had a baby. Our families had to leave even after arguing with her. No management to be found.

• Stayed: June 2011
1  Thank Raeganpfeiffer
Reviewed June 20, 2011

We stayed here for one night on our way out west. The people were very friendly.
The room was a basic hotel room, but was clean and had free internet, free cookies at the front desk, washer/dryer, and a free breakfast included.
The breakfast was simple and consisted of oatmeal, waffles, boiled eggs, bagels and toast, yogurt, pastries. Our room had a pretty view of a reservoir. We heard and saw several little dogs at this hotel and noticed where the little guys do their business in the grass near the parking lot. Watch your step here if you're tempted to run through the field after having been in the car for hours! They have a pool, which we didn't use, but many families were down there with their kids. There is a small work out room with a treadmill and elliptical machine that face a mirror.
I would stay here again but did notice that there is a Comfort Inn and Suites next door that must be new, as it wasn't in the AAA book. Our room with tax included was $106

Room Tip: ask for a room facing the reservoir to the east
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 15, 2011

The place is clean and the staff was very friendly. I did learn something here however. Be sure to read the room description VERY carefully when booking online as the 'king suite with whirlpool' has the tub in the bedroom and no sofa. I'm sure this would be cool for a couple but not so much for the family traveling with a five year old. The view of the pond out of the east side rooms is pleasent and the double pain windows kept the noise of the I-40 out. Most of the family got a good nights rest. As a side note, I re-checked the rest of my reservations and changed all La Quinta 'king suites with whirlpool' as they are not suites and the tub is in the wrong place.

• Stayed: June 2011
Reviewed May 5, 2011

A place that feels like home if you're travelling in oklahoma. it's halfway between oklahoma city and okemah. Clean, peaceful, simple yet satisfying. The staff are friendly and the aminities are just exactly what my family needs.You even get free cookies! ;)

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed December 19, 2010

This facility is among the top flight of the La Quinta Inns & Suites. Spacious rooms and attention to detail made it very pleasurable as a stop along I-40 on a cross country road trip with an elderly blind cat and aging deaf german shepherd. Joshua the check-in and evening service staff person was memorable for his good nature, competence and friendliness. Both evening and morning staff at the front desk were attentive and requested feedback on any difficulties we might have encountered.

Being quizzed by the front desk manager when I called down for express checkout if everything had been to our complete satisfaction, she pressed when I simply said things were fine. I stated at that point that we were a bit taken aback by the officious nature of the gal in the dining area, especially her correcting my husband rather than handling a trash disposal issue herself. While her activity in the breakfast room did interfere with access to the counter space and her chiding of my husband about putting our paper trash in a trash can and instead of a large barrel near the door were an annoyance, ordinarily it would not not have been mentioned.

The failure to grant a full five stars for service is due to the behavior of this specific staff member, who was in charge of the breakfast room. Management apparently spoke with her about our comments before we left the premises and she followed us out into the parking area as we were leaving. She offered a brief apology, then said that someone had called down to the desk to complain about her and just what had she done anyway? This individual was confrontational and disagreeable. If she wished to offer an apology or request clarification it could easily have been done in front of the desk manager as we were departing.

This extremely unpleasant encounter pretty much punched a hole in our morning and will not encourage full disclosure the next time management requests feedback from us. I'll recommend the hotel but caution against staff complaints in real time.

December 18, 2010 Room 301

• Stayed: December 2010
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shawnee
Comfort Inn & Suites Shawnee
Super 8 Shawnee
Super 8 Shawnee
#7 of 9 in Shawnee
Best Western Seminole Inn & Suites

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Shawnee? Share your experiences!