“Relieved & still basking”

Holiday Inn Express Shawnee I-40
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Shawnee
Texas
“Relieved & still basking”
Reviewed May 28, 2008

The excellent reviews for this hotel are the real deal. Traveled with 24 families for a baseball tournament trip. I coordinated the reservations so was really hoping for the best. This hotel far exceeded our expectations. Spotless rooms, spotless facilities, nice pool area with hot hot hottub, good breakfast with pleasant seating area. Bed covers are duvet with light blankets, the kind that is easily kept clean. Carpet was clean and I didn't mind walking barefoot on it. Staff was courteous, cheerful and helpful. I heard compliments to the hotel even from our group's most discriminating travelers. Nice wet bar with good fridge, sink & micro. Ice machines that worked well the entire time. Good laundry facilities. As a side note, we were in town to support a benefit tournament raising money for a local cause. The hotel also supported the cause in several different, impressive ways. We have now scheduled another trip and plan to stay in a HI Express because this experience was so good ... hope the Austin/Pflugerville property is as wonderful! The bar is now set high for this brand in my mind!

Stayed May 2008

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Volcano, California
Reviewed March 28, 2008

Great hotel - very nice and clean rooms. Breakfast is very good. Wireless and T1 internet connections work well. Pleasant staff.

• Liked — Good location, three restaurants within walking distance (half mile)
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
Gilmer, Texas
Reviewed October 25, 2007

Wow! That is what I have to say about this hotel... WOW! I was impressed with just how nice it was. The people at the front desk were really nice. Check-in took all of 2 mins (probably so quick cause we booked online). Our room was really clean and felt very luxurious. The best part of the whole room was the beds! The beds were exceptionally comfortable and the sheets and comforters were wonderful! Much better than the typical itchy low quality stuff you find in most hotels. I only had a few complaints, and think it only fair that I share those with you as well. They are minor though: the outdoor hot tub didn't work at all during our 3 day stay, the shower/bathtub in our room drained slowly, and I wish the continental breakfast had more options (I had a hungry hubby and a picky 2 year old). Overall, this hotel was great! Will defintely stay again when we are in town to visit family! Thanks Holiday Inn!

Stayed October 2007
Fountain Hills, Arizona
Reviewed August 23, 2007

The location is convenient, the staff were excellent, very helpful, informative, accomodating. The room was very nice, clean and well furnished. The bed was comfortable. The price was right. After the desk clerk had quoted us a price she searched out an even less expensive room. This was a real find for us.

An added treat was to be away from Oklahoma City traffic and highway construction.

• Liked — We liked everything about this Holiday Inn Express.
  • Disliked — There was nothing we didn't like
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
Tuscaloosa
Reviewed July 16, 2007

This is the best HI ever. Read prior reviews. They say it all. I travel 50-75 nights per year, and this is one of the best I've ever seen. I stayed here two nonconsecutive nights on a recent cross-country trip. I hesitate to tell anyone how good this place is, because too much traffic will wreck it (I know from experience).

• Liked — nice, convenient to interstate
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed June 3, 2007

Absolutely loved the HI Express in Shawnee. Brand new, or at least it felt that way. Exceedingly comfortable bed and room was spotless! Front desk was very friendly, had no problems whatsoever, would definitely stay there again....if I ever find myself in Shawnee again!

• Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
Reviewed May 22, 2007

I normally stay with competing hotel in Shawnee, but my company recently acquired a corporate discout with Holiday Inn Express. My travel agent booked my room at the Express for my monthly visit to Shawnee. I will have to say that I will never stay anywhere else again. The staff was very welcoming and accommodating. The rooms were spotless and I was completely overwhelmed by the interior of the hotel. I thought I had a standard room, but upon check-in I was told that the hotel was an all suite hotel. I was paying more at a competing hotel for a smaller room! The bed was amazing, internet connection was good, and breakfast was satisfying with plenty of options. I definitely received more than I paid for. They even have a workout facility at the hotel that is open 24 hours. It is a surprising find in Shawnee Oklahoma. It is comparable to some of the five star hotels that I have stayed in with th exception of the absence of a restaurant. I would definitely refer my friends, family, and business partners.

• Liked — The Bed!!
  • Disliked — The TV was hard to view from the desk.
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shawnee
Hampton Inn Shawnee
Super 8 Shawnee
Super 8 Shawnee
#5 of 9 in Shawnee
Best Western Seminole Inn & Suites

Been to Holiday Inn Express Shawnee I-40? Share your experiences!