Holiday Inn Express Shawnee I-40
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$98
$85
$129
Super 8 Shawnee(Shawnee)(Great Value!)
$64
Lincoln Motel(Chandler)
$55
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
All reviewsoutdoor poolcold weatherinternet issuesthe hotel is conveniently locatedfree breakfast in the morningstay there againawesome hotelstandard roomstaff was very friendly and helpfuloklahoma cityking suitebusiness tripstores and restaurantscoffee makersmall townnew mexicodesk staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Nice hotel-clean and good size rooms. The first day I was there, I took a nap and when I woke up, my room was freezing and I couldn't get the AC to shut off. I called the desk and someone was up to my room to fix it in minutes. Can't complain about that! Comp breakfast was good, lots of hot and cold choices. Quick, good service at the front desk, both check-in and checkout. Stores and restaurants all along the highway that the hotel is on. Wal-Mart right across the parking lot for forgotten items or snacks! Good night's sleep. No complaints.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Hannah A, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Shawnee I-40, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Hello!

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to write a positive review of our hotel!!!

We pride ourselves on guest service and continually try hard to keep guests comfortable and satisfied! We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay!

We hope you continue to stay here when visiting Shawnee next or just passing through the great state of Oklahoma!

Again, we deeply appreciate you taking time out of your day to share your experience at our hotel! We look forward to serving you again!

Reviewed February 11, 2013

I, not unlike the lady who was traveling cross-country, am AMAZED at the negative responses that are being turned in for this hotel! I have stayed here several times over the past couple of years, and would not hesitate to recommend it to anyone who asks! I travel all through Oklahoma, Kansas, Arkansas, and Texas and try to stay at HIE locations whenever I can. I can easily tell you, from my experiences, that there are much worse locations to stay! I often check in late and leave early and I have NEVER been disappointed with any of the amenities or staff at this location! ALL of the staff have always gone out of their way to make me feel comfortable and welcome! If there were ever any problems (and they would have been minor) someone was always available to see that it was corrected and never was there a problem with billing. All in all, a GREAT place to stay! I would say ya'll are doing, "Just Fine!".

(Just a note, this review would only let me pick one stay, but I stay here about once every 45 days on average)

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Hannah A, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Shawnee I-40, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2013

Hello!!

Thank you so much for your positive review of our hotel! It's the kindness from individuals such as yourself that make this business worthwhile!

Our staff works very hard to keep our hotel clean and convenient for guests! We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay so much that you even took the time out of your day to write a positive review!

We deeply appreciate your loyalty and hope you continue to stay at our location whenever you are in the area!

Rest assured, you have brightened the day for all of our staff!
Thanks again!

Reviewed December 9, 2012

Stayed at this location over Thanksgiving weekend. Checked in, took bags to room and left hotel to go visit family. Returned to hotel late in the evening. Very cold outside, so we turned on our heater. Immediately, a very strong putrid smell filled the room. It smelled like a dead animal. My husband went downstairs to talk to someone about changing rooms. The smell was nauseating and I had to wait in the hall. The clerk on duty returned with my husband. The hotel was full for the holiday and there were no rooms vacant - other than smoking rooms. (We were in a nonsmoking room). She looked at the heater and didn't see anything wrong. She acknowledged that the smell was bad. She put 2 Bounce dryer sheets in the heater vents and left a bottle of Holiday Inn room spray with us. That was it! We turned off the heater and slept without heat. The temperature was below freezing outside. Needless to say, we were cold all night. The next day we left the room early. We were gone all day and returned again late at night. No work had been done on the heater. Shawnee is a small town and hotel options are slim. Because it was Thanksgiving weekend, everything was full -or we would have left that hotel. We stayed at this hotel about 4 yrs ago and it was nice. It is only 6 yrs old and is already run down. The mirrors on the closet were dirty. One of the lamps didn't work. The finish on the table lamp was peeling. The wallpaper was dirty. When I was waiting for the elevator in the lobby, i glanced over at the ice machine, the floor was covered with dead crickets and cigarette butts!! Obviously, every time the door to the outside was opened, bugs and trash blew in. I believe the housekeeping is not doing their job. Our bill for the room was slipped under our door our last morning there. We were given no discount for the trouble we had in our room with the heater. We will never stay here again. Firelake casino is building a high rise hotel down the road that opens spring 2013 and if this Holiday Inn doesn't shape up they are going to lose a lot of business By the way, We stayed in a HIE in Amarillo 4 times this summer. It was immaculate. Don't know why this one is so run down.

• Stayed: November 2012
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Shawnee I-40, responded to this reviewResponded January 1, 2013

Dear blessings,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave us a candid review. We are glad to hear you chose our location for your travel. Please accept my sincerest apology for the issues you had during your stay. I understand the inconvenience this has caused you. We deeply apologize you found the room accommodations and amenities less than satisfactory. Rest assured, your review will be forwarded to the appropriate departments and will be used to reconsider improvements needed.

I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. Thank you for continuous patronage and support to the hotel, and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed November 14, 2012 via mobile

I have stayed at this hotel since it was new, in 2006 or 2007.

The good: great location with good sized rooms.

The bad: Obvious maintenance issues are not addressed. At my last stay the knob was missing that controls shower jets, the area behind the TV screen was filthy, the door bumper was hanging from the wall...

When I arrived there was a paper laundry tag on the floor. When I checked out after three nights the tag was still on the floor.

This is probably the best hotel choice in Shawnee but that is a sad commentary on hotel choices in this town.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank GuardDog61
Hannah F, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Shawnee I-40, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2012

Hello!

Thank you so much for your post to Tripadvisor and the feed back that makes our hotel aware of what we need to correct.

We are very proud of our location and of our room size! We do believe we are a great choice of hotel to stay at in Shawnee, Oklahoma.

I am very proud to tell you that our hotel did pass our annual inspection in August! However, like every hotel, we do have maintenence needs on a regular basis. We do have an onsite engineer who works on rooms daily. Thank you for letting us know that you had needs in your room. If you let us know when you're here, we can fix it immediately. This also applies to our housekeeping department. If you have noticed something in your room that needs to be addressed, we can fix it if you let us know.

Thank you again for your response! We hope that you allow us to accomodate your lodging needs on your next visit to Shawnee.

Reviewed November 9, 2012

I'm really not sure what all the drama is about this hotel. I booked it for my cross country drive from Los Angeles to Virginia in late October 2012 and was a little concerned having read all the negative reviews here on TripAdvisor. However, I was using my ICHotels PriorityPoints to book a room and this location just made sense logistically so I sucked it up and booked it.

This is a very nice Holiday Inn and from what I could see, very well maintained. Upon checkin I was given the choice of two drinks and two snacks from the sundry shop for being a PriorityPoints member and upgraded to a jr. suite. The lobby and my room were clean, there were no bugs in sight and no strange odors or lingering cigarette smells.

The breakfast, lounge, and common areas were surprisingly well furnished, it looked like a 4-star hotel (see photos) not a stimky dump like I was expecting after reading some of the reviews here.

Honestly, people need to cut out the dramatic criticism and look at hotels more reasonably. For a 2.5 star limited service hotel by the interstate in semi-rural Oklahoma, this exceeded all expectations.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank RealJ

Hi, there!

Thank you so much for your positive response! It's comments like this that brighten our day and keep us going!

We work very hard to make our hotel clean and enjoyable and I am so glad you enjoyed your stay. Especially enough to write a positive post about us on Tripadvisor! I love how you said our hotel looked like a 4 star hotel! This even made our General Manager smile!

I hope you choose to stay with us again on your way back across the states! Thank you so much for your loyal patronage!