“Very poor the worst hotel”

Holiday Inn Express Shawnee I-40
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Shawnee
Reviewed August 11, 2012

Booked one month out for non smoking room but due to be the last to check in (12.00am) I got screwed with a smoking room that resembled a cigar factory and the strong stench impregnated my cloths!!! I didn't sleep at all as the smell was so foul so I walked out at 5.30am after checking out to get fresh air and the staff didn't care less but looked ashamed at what had happened. The rooms were dirty, food on the floor, half drinks in the fridge and pubic hair in the shower, nice ah. The breakfast I saw them serving was a joke and I went out of my way not to spend one extra cent in the place so I even wasted the soaps ect to cost them . Take serious note don't use this place as my staff members have in the past and all have left with colds flu's ect as it's not clean. My boss also had a bad time there and we have taken them of our hotel list. I have been all over the world many times and this is by far the worst hotel I have had the sorry pleasure of being in. How they call this a hotel is joke.

Room Tip: Non, stay somewhere else!!!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Hannah F, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Shawnee I-40, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2012

Dear BJD1973,

Please accept our sincere apology for the issues you experienced at our hotel.

We pride ourselves on a clean, comfortable, and well-fuctioning hotel and that simply was not the case this time. We apologize for you room type and room cleanliness. We have addressed those issues in the room in which you stayed.

We sincerely hope you will allow us the opportunity to serve you again in the near future. We can assure, if given another opportunity, to make sure your stay is a pleasant and positive experience.

Again, we sincerely apologize.

Reviewed July 16, 2012

We stayed here three nights recently as we were in OK for the Woody Guthrie Folk Festival and I was impressed with how modern and clean the room was, the staff was also very friendly. I have seen other reviewers complaining of dust but I can say the only place I noticed it was in the sofa seating area; there was a floor lamp that was unplugged and when I went to follow the cord to plug it in it had enough dust on it to persuade me to use the desk lamp. My only other issue is that twice I smelled cigarette smoke in the bathroom that was coming from the vent but it was very temporary and not too strong. I'd also like to add how quiet the hotel room was, I couldn't hear every move my neighbors made and that is a big plus for me. I would stay at this hotel again. One thing to note, this hotel is across the street from a busy Walmart (not that it impacted my stay at all).

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Hannah F, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Shawnee I-40, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2012

Hey, Rachel!

I hope you enjoyed the Festival! I heard many great things about it. We are glad you liked our hotel. We take a lot of pride in our facility as it is so beautiful.

We are deeply sorry about the dust situation. It builds up so quickly. Our new General Manager, Brad Friend, has really been working with the Housekeeping department and showing them a new system of how to clean to make sure these situations don't happen. As far as the smoke, we do have a smoking floor (the 4th floor). Depending on where your room was when you stayed, you may have vaintly smelt smoke coming from a room close by.

For many of our extended stay guests, the love the Walmart! They like to walk over and shop for food or clothing as something to do or to stock up on food for their stay. All though it can be very busy at the Walmart, it has it's perks!

We hope you come back and see us again! Thank you so much for your business!

Reviewed July 12, 2012

Leaving The Oklahoma City area we didn't want to drive too late so we stopped here. They offer AAA discount and with that our room was $115 before taxes. The room is fairly clean. They could have paid more attention to detail but its not as bad as some I've seen (someones toenail clippings on the floor next to the bed).Ffor the price it should have been better. The tv was not working properly. The front desk employee was friendly. If passing through again I would opt for the Hampton Inn next to this establishment. It's a few dollars more but I would rather get what I paid for.

• Stayed: July 2012

Hello!

Thank you so much for your feedback. We need it in order to correct the situation. We are very sorry about your room. Since you told us about your room conditions, we are able to go back address the entire Housekeeping department of the issue. We also have had a change in management who is now on top of inspecting rooms for concerns like these.

As far as your rate, AAA requested that rate for their guests at our property. That rate is in stone until the next rate season for them to adjust as they see fit.

We greatly appreciate you feedback. It helps us grow. We also hope that you give us another shot the next time your drive through. Thank you so much for your business.

Reviewed May 20, 2012

We arived here after traveling two days from Seymour Tn, we were hungry and tired girl at the front desk was nice, our room was not finished cleaning and they checked us in before complete i had to ask them to clean the refrigerator out and clean mirror in bathroom also i could write my name it the dust on the lamp and took pictures of it! We decided to take a walk around the rest of the hotel for the most part it was ok till we got to the pool it had rained the day we came and was cool outside the pool was filthy with plants in the bottom and hot tub dirty chairs were all over with cans in the fire place outside bathroom to the pool was never cleaned! Tomorrow i will address this with the manager and see what he dose i am a priority member and just came from a nice holiday exspress in germantown tn and it was impeccable to tired to deal with it tonight and it dosent look like there is a manager here!!

Room Tip: I will repost after a manager addresses this and will let you know if i left or would stay again, it...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Hannah F, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Shawnee I-40, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2012

Hello, Carol!

Thank you for submitting your feedback. It's important for us to know your thoughts as it helps us grow as a hotel family and company. Without your response, we would not know on what area we needed to focus.

In regards to your last visit, I am deeply remorseful for the experience you had. Thanks to your response we have now taken proper action to ensure issues like yours do not occur again. We also have had a recent change in management which enforces more team effort and we have started a new team building, leadership training course for the employees at our hotel.

As a frequent business traveler, your option to stay at other hotels is vast. I thank you and appreciate you being so loyal to our brand. I hope the next time you pass through, you give our hotel an opportunity to regain your trust and relationship.

Hannah F.

Reviewed May 6, 2012

First off the hotel's price might be enough to turn some people off but dont let that fool you! This hotel is amazing! The rooms are very nice and I was a walkin and I had not made a reservation and the front desk clerk was very helpful and gave me a very nice room. The breakfast was good and the indian lady was very nice and cooked a good breakfast. I loved that coffee was vailable 24/7! The hotel has free wifi and its not to bad. It's best to use in the lobby and lounge area but the higher you go the weaker it gets! But overall not to bad. Housekeeping is amazing they gave me extra towels and were very polite! The front desk is amazing! Anytime you ask them a question they literally go out of their way to make your expierence enjoyable! The girls name was Erin and the guys name was Kyle! They are defintely friendly and make your expierence amazing!
The location is really cool because everything you need is in walking distance! There is a wal-mart right next door!!
Overall this is the best hotel in shawnee and I will definetly be coming back!

Room Tip: Rooms that are even numbered are the best view!!!
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank creek m

Thank you so much for your kind words! Posts like yours keep us motivated to keep doing our best! It also makes me remember how great of a team we have here at our hotel.

Kyle and Erin are excellent front desk employees and are exceptionally wonderful when working with guests. We are proud of them and we are glad to know that you appreciate their hard work. Our breakfast is phenomenal and we have excellent staff who takes care of that in the morning for us! All of our employees are wonderful.

Thank you so much for the wonderful feedback and we look forward to your next stay with us!

Reviewed January 2, 2012

This hotel is the best I have stayed at in Shawnee. Located on the north side of I-40, this hotel is 4 floor luxury. The lobby is beautiful. The desk staff always greets you with a warm smile. The brekafast area is equipped with flat screen TVs, plenty of space, and a buffet bar. The rooms on the first floor are great because they are set away from all the action. The VERY NOISY elevator takes you through 4 floors of rooms. The rooms are nice, as they are split into a master bedroom, and a room with two more beds and a TV and a spacious room area. The beds are very soft and comfortable. The bathrooms are nice and equipped with towels, hairdryes, soap, etc. If you are looking for the best hotel in the city, stay at the Holiday Inn Express in Shawnee, Oklahoma!

Room Tip: Any room is great!
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank nycbubba345
Reviewed December 22, 2011

I just recently stayed at this hotel for the third time. It's a great place for me to stop on my road travels between Texas and Alabama. The hotel appears relatively new, the rooms have always been in great condition, and the staff members have been friendly every time I've stayed there. I'm also a fan of Holiday Inn Express' free breakfast.

Furthermore, the location is perfect for an overnight stay. There's a Wal-Mart right across the street and plenty of places to eat (personally, I've enjoyed eating at the Buffalo Wild Wings because it stays open late).

I also like the location because when I'm driving west to east on I-40, I don't care to stay in the busy Oklahoma City metro (Shawnee is about 40 miles or so east of OKC). And when I'm driving east to west on I-40, it's really the first great opportunity for an overnight stay once you enter Oklahoma from Arkansas.

Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo