“Killer Sushi and Egg Rolls!”

Phoenix Asian Diner
Ranked #3 of 134 Restaurants in Shawnee
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed July 30, 2014

I've seen them come and go. Family owned and operated restaurants typically don't survive long in Shawnee. Hopefully, Phoenix Asian Diner is here to stay!

This place has a nice atmosphere that leans toward the upscale contemporary, but is suitable for a romantic dinner as well as a family outing. The lunch combo plate menu offers a tasty bang for your buck and was the source of my go-to meal during my first few trips to this restaurant. The egg rolls are fabulous! My husband is not fond of Chinese food, but I have no trouble getting him to eat at Phoenix and even he appreciates the egg rolls here.

Then we tried the sushi.

Ahhh, the sushi! So many different kinds from which to choose! I've made it my mission to try them all. So far, my favorites are the California and Shawnee varieties. When I need my spirits lifted, my husband knows to forgo the flowers. Bring me sushi!

1  Thank Dj C

Reviewed April 15, 2014

My Husband and I always go there with friends and we generally order the combination plates which are really good and have a huge amount of food. You never go away hungry. I usually order chicken and vegetables and I'm never disappointed.

2  Thank mary p
Reviewed November 20, 2013 via mobile

I visit this restaurant often. They have three soups and I like them all- egg drop, miso, and hot and sour. I rotate between the three. My favorite entree is Lo Mein with chicken and I always ask them to spice it up a little. Lunch prices are reasonable, service is decent. The quantity of food is always enough for two meals for me.

1  Thank Stawzie
Reviewed November 14, 2013 via mobile

The picture is from Golden Phoenix Express on N. Kickapoo, the Golden Phoenix is on Union. The Pho is tasty as always, I had the Pho Tom, Shrimp Beef Noodle Soup. It's so savory and full of fresh flavor. This tastes like a bowl of farm and garden, the earthy flavor of the bean sprouts muddled with Thai Basil and beef broth is amazing. The staff is always quick to get your meal to you. The Sushi isn't bad either, the entreés have all been good that I've tried. There seems to be more personality behind the food that most Americanized Asian restaurants need.

1  Thank RileyMoore
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Diverse menu. The usual "Chinese food" offerings - sweet and sour chicken, Gen Tsao's chicken, and other Americanized favorites. But they also offer seaweed salad, great sushi, and pad Thai.

1  Thank AggieFoodie