“very good”

McAlister's Deli
Ranked #22 of 134 Restaurants in Shawnee
Cuisines: American
Reviewed June 3, 2013

We went to this chain for the first time in May. I had a turkey salad with a lot of fruits and rasperry dressing. It was big and very good. My husband had a vege sandwich with mashed potatoes and gravy. It was good too but he didn't have much vegetable in his vege sandwich. When you ONLY have vegetables I think they should put a lot of them just like they do in Subway. The service was good and fast. Very nice people.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Just can't beat a McAlister's sandwich, soup and sweet tea. No matter where you are traveling....it's a good choice. It's the staff that will make or break the establishment. Since Shawnee is a college town, the staff here is a younger set. They didn't really seem to care that they had customers. But the food was very good!

Reviewed September 29, 2012

After eating McDonald, salads all summer it was great to have super salads with very nice china and silver ware and service, Nice crowd at lunch time low noise for this many folks. Very good value.

Reviewed July 7, 2012

This is my favorite restaurant! The service was great, the food was great, the tea was great (as always). This is right off I-40 so travelers, heads up! You know what is for dinner tonight! I highly reccomend this location!

Reviewed June 21, 2012

This is my all-time favorite place to eat in Shawnee. I'm a die-hard McAlister's fan having started eating at the original location in Oxford, MS. We try to find them everywhere we travel and tried for years to get one in Shawnee. Order at the counter and get a number to place on your table. Servers bring your food and will do refills on drinks.

I generally get a Choose 2 which is a choice of 2 items (soup, salad, sandwiches, potatoes). So much variety makes it hard to pick. My husband will get either a Choose 2 or one of the specialty sandwiches. His side is usually mac and cheese. By the way, NO fried food available here :)

Sweet tea is great and served in very large cups. Fresh big cookies and chocolate-lovin' spoon cake are good for the sweet eater.