“Better than other Motel 6's I've stayed at”
Review of Motel 6 Shawnee

Motel 6 Shawnee
Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Shawnee
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
“Better than other Motel 6's I've stayed at”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Reserved a downstairs handicapped room in advance. Got a call about 3:45 pm on my day of arrival that the downstairs had flooded but they could offer me an upstairs room. Since I was staying only 2 nights, I agreed to stay there because the room they offered me was next to the stairs. I had help with getting my bags carried upstairs, so it wasn't too bad. The staff was friendly and the room was clean. The beds were comfortable, too. I would have given it more stars if this inconvenience hadn't occurred. I have stayed at this Motel 6 before and have never had any issues; the rooms are always clean and the staff has always been friendly. The room was non-smoking, which is what I always reserve, and I have never had the issues others have had with the rooms being smelly. For a budget motel, this is the best in Shawnee.

Room Tip: I stayed in Room 216 and it was convenient. It faces I-40 but I didn't hear any outside noise.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Becky D

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

A convenient place just off the interstate. The front desk looked clean and inviting but the room was dirty. I really need to start checking rooms out before I pay.
Room smelled but turned on the AC and smell went away
Door did not close right.
With a little cleaning and new bed linens and pillows this place might be ok

• Stayed June 2013

Travelers are raving about these Shawnee hotels

Salina
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Although the staff was most friendly and courteous, there's no excuse for how horriblly smelly the halls and rooms are. Had to dash to Walmart for candles and room freshner but nothing could completely mask the odors. Yulk!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jess988
Sallisaw, Oklahoma
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Stayed one night because of the rates. Asked for non-smoking and ended up smelling smoke anyway in the room.

The comforters on the bed had rips and some cigerette burns. Bathroom looked like it could use a better cleaning, but probably just needed updating all around.

But it was near the shopping mall and places to eat, which is why I went there. Then realized there were other hotels nearby.

To be fair, the clerk was very nice. Just needs better management.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Woodbridge, Virginia
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I was driving cross country from San Diego to Northern VA. This was my 2nd stop to hunker down for the night. I was exhausted and didn't feel like hotel shopping so I just pulled in because they had a huge parking lot next to the hotel to accommodate my moving truck and car that I was towing.

The check-in experience was through a window as they close the doors after a certain hour. I was given a room on the 2nd floor and as soon as I walked in I said, "Oh Jesus." It had the musty and stale smell of an old room that was a former smoking room converted into a non-smoking. Beds was too soft and the I have no idea why they even bother to use the pillows that they have on the beds (they were so soft and flat). I had to run down to the truck and get my own pillow.

Carpet was very stained stained and I wore flip flops whenever I walked around. The TV was old and the remote hardly worked. I just gave up on trying to change the TV and went to bed.

I didn't bother to hang around in the AM. Took a quick shower and bolted out of there. I did see coffee in the lobby on the way out but that was about it.

In the 5 budget hotels I stayed in on my cross country trip, this one was the worse by far. DO NOT STAY HERE! I am glad I was just by myself and my family wasn't along.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank Enrique C
Clear Spring, Maryland
Reviewed January 31, 2013 via mobile

The bathroom was disgusting, dirt caked in corners, long hairs on the wall, excessive mold in the tub. I asked for extra towels to have something clean to stand on so I could shower and actually cleaned the room. How hard is it to scrub and clean a bathroom? Staying in a tent outside on the ground would have been more pleasant than this room.

• Stayed January 2013
2 Thank shields674
amarillo
Reviewed January 13, 2013

We asked for a nonsmoking room. Paid for a nonsmoking room. When we entered the room, it smelled like cigarette smoke. There was an ashtray and a lighter in the room! We called the front desk and complained. We were told since their map showed it was nonsmoking, there was nothing they would do about it. The curtain had holes in it. The carpet needed vacuuming. There was no shampoo in the room. When we called the front desk again, we were told we would have to purchase it out of a machine. We went to the machine and there was no shampoo. Will we stay at another Motel 6? NO!

Room Tip: Stay away from this motel....
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family