Motel 6 Shawnee
$98
$101
Hampton.com
$73
Super 8 Shawnee(Shawnee)(Great Value!)
$64
TripAdvisor
Lincoln Motel(Chandler)
$55
TripAdvisor
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I was driving cross country from San Diego to Northern VA. This was my 2nd stop to hunker down for the night. I was exhausted and didn't feel like hotel shopping so I just pulled in because they had a huge parking lot next to the hotel to accommodate my moving truck and car that I was towing.

The check-in experience was through a window as they close the doors after a certain hour. I was given a room on the 2nd floor and as soon as I walked in I said, "Oh Jesus." It had the musty and stale smell of an old room that was a former smoking room converted into a non-smoking. Beds was too soft and the I have no idea why they even bother to use the pillows that they have on the beds (they were so soft and flat). I had to run down to the truck and get my own pillow.

Carpet was very stained stained and I wore flip flops whenever I walked around. The TV was old and the remote hardly worked. I just gave up on trying to change the TV and went to bed.

I didn't bother to hang around in the AM. Took a quick shower and bolted out of there. I did see coffee in the lobby on the way out but that was about it.

In the 5 budget hotels I stayed in on my cross country trip, this one was the worse by far. DO NOT STAY HERE! I am glad I was just by myself and my family wasn't along.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank Enrique C
Reviewed January 31, 2013 via mobile

The bathroom was disgusting, dirt caked in corners, long hairs on the wall, excessive mold in the tub. I asked for extra towels to have something clean to stand on so I could shower and actually cleaned the room. How hard is it to scrub and clean a bathroom? Staying in a tent outside on the ground would have been more pleasant than this room.

• Stayed: January 2013
2  Thank shields674
Reviewed January 13, 2013

We asked for a nonsmoking room. Paid for a nonsmoking room. When we entered the room, it smelled like cigarette smoke. There was an ashtray and a lighter in the room! We called the front desk and complained. We were told since their map showed it was nonsmoking, there was nothing they would do about it. The curtain had holes in it. The carpet needed vacuuming. There was no shampoo in the room. When we called the front desk again, we were told we would have to purchase it out of a machine. We went to the machine and there was no shampoo. Will we stay at another Motel 6? NO!

Room Tip: Stay away from this motel....
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Sam M
Reviewed December 1, 2012

We picked Motel 6 because they advertise a reasonable rate, but after being nickel and dimed I'm a little upset... everything other hotels offer for free is a paid addon. Some (standard) amenities are not offered here, like coffee/coffee maker. They beat us out of over $120 for two nights, but next time we will just go to the more expensive hotel, which happens to be MUCH nicer... at least we know and can anticipate the total cost upfront.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 1, 2012

I rented a room for 5 days. My clearly labeled non-smoking room smelled like smoke (and had an ashtray placed on the table). The cleaning staff rifled through my suitcase and took my Sony handheld. Why they didn't also take the power cord, I will never know. I hope their fatherless children enjoy the 5 hours of play time that remained on the battery. Finally, the entire exterior shell of the heating/cooling unit fell off of the wall when I tried to turn it on. The unit thereafter did work, but it was horribly loud.

Room Tip: The 2nd floor smells like smoke.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo