“WORST WORST WORST!! Bed Bugs! Urine on toilet seat!!”
Review of Motel 6 Shawnee

Motel 6 Shawnee
Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Shawnee
Reviewed June 29, 2011

We stopped to stay here on our way across the country. First off, the rooms are supposed to be non-smoking but our room REAKED of smoke. I'm pretty sure it was from the long-termers who stay on the second floor (who look like SHADY individuals, if you know what I mean) I got past the smoke and didn't want to raise a stink. When I went to use the restroom, there was urine all over the toilet seat and pubic hair on the floor. The TV had a nasty wet resedue on it and I actually washed the remote with soap and water before I used it. As I layed in bed, I began to itch a bug bite I had on my back, which I didn't have before I got there. I started to look up bed-bugs on my I-phone and lifted my pillow to ACTUALLY SEE ONE crawling under my pillow. I killed it, and brought it to the front desk, where they confirmed it in fact WAS a bed bug. They gave me a refund (at 11:30 at night) and a trash bag to put my belongings in (So they wouldnt infest my house when I got home). When I got back to the room, there was another one running across my laptop case on the nightstand. I left a comforter, pillows, jeans, laptop case, slippers and anything else that was on the floor or on nightstand. We went and stayed at La Quinta, next door, which was $20 more and SOOOOOO nice! Once I got home, I received a couple of letters about the 'incident' and the second letter said they sent someone out to inspect and that they INFACT DID NOT find a bed -bugs!! Get real! I have the bites to prove it and the front desk chicks to confirm!! DO NOT stay here! Spend the extra $20 to stay at La Quinta and save yourself the hassle of changing hotels in the middle of the night or FREAKING out because they might be in your luggage and going home with ya! (Room 108)

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank Wild_flowerTN

Reviewed June 15, 2011

Hair on the towels tv from the 70's. I know its a cheap room, but come on. At least clean the room.

• Stayed: June 2011
1  Thank Yacomeon
Reviewed June 13, 2011

Got into town at midnight with no reservations. Kind of a spur of the moment trip. Friendly desk help. Decent room. My son said the room was bland but once your eyes are closed, who cares. I was surprised by how comfy the bed and pillows were. Easy location to get in and out of.

Room Tip: Rooms on north side are quiet. No road noise.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 12, 2011

I would come back cause it was quiet and smelled good beds where very comfront beds in oklahoma

• Stayed: March 2011
Reviewed May 15, 2011

Stayed at this motel 6. Indoor facing rooms that require room key to enter hallway which was nice for safety.No funky smell as someone else posted..Looked newly painted on walls.Room was very clean and spacious. nice size bathroom too..A good all around clean, safe, basic motel to spend the night..

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 7, 2011

This motel is a very excellent motel! If i could i would stay up there forever to live, my pets were allowed the swimmig pool is awesome! My kids told me, "Mommie can we go back to live up there"? Thank u very much motel 6! And Janet brown was also a very sweet lady too me and my kids an a awsome housekeeper!:)

Room Tip: To be respectful and not stupid and ignorant
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 29, 2010

Do NOT stay here. The exterior looked so, so. The staff were very friendly, but walking in; the stairwell was filthy, the carpet smelled mildewed. The rooms needed serious updating. Bed was not comfortable, found blood stains under the comforter when we threw it back looking for a lighter. Went to the restroom and killed 2 baby cockroaches. The bath had mildew stains all in the grout. It was just GROSS! The lighting in the room sucked. It was flourescent and hard to see in. For the price, I should have went with my gut and paid the extra 40 to 50 bucks to get a room at Best Western or ANYWHERE else. This hotel hasn't been kept up well, the rooms are dirty, carpet felt dirty and had huge stains all over it. Only good part of it was that it wasn't noisy. It looks like the type of room drugs would be sold out of or where you'd bring a prostitute for an hour...not a family friendly room. I would NEVER stay there again...not even for free!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple