“Brilliant Display of Culinary Progression, and Clean”
Review of Ember's Steakhouse - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Ember's Steakhouse
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Oklahoma City
“Brilliant Display of Culinary Progression, and Clean”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

First off, I've noticed duplicate reviews on this TripAdvisor and Yelp. Links included below.

You pay more than an average meal's cost, but you also get your money's worth out of it...except for the wine. The wine is a bit costly. As far as food goes, I ordered crab cakes and an alaskan filet. It was a 10 oz. filet, and the snow crab they topped it with (along with a brilliant sauce, I think it was bearnaise...?) was perfectly complementary, and the filet was cooked exactly how I wanted it. That cut was one of the better ones I've ever had...and $36. You can't get a filet like that anywhere else in the state, let alone for less than $40 or $50.

The crab cakes were spiced and textured well too, but the real winner there was the spicy sauce that came with it. I was very impressed.

I also recall the bread and oil being paired with a molecular gastronomy. It was bursting with flavor, and I was really impressed when I searched around molecular gastronomy further. Apparently, it's a really big thing, and the head chef dropped in for a bit to talk with me about it. At first impressions, it looks classy and refined, but it's pretty cutting-edge, and the chefs are definitely true to their styles. Even John Barrett (the Citizen Potowatomi Nation Chairman) is pretty partial to Embers, which is reason enough to give it a shot.

Not much to say on service. My glass stayed full and the staff was courteous and organized. Having been a server once, I have a ton of respect for a serving staff that stays out of your hair as much as possible.

I won't beat around the bush, I was directly reviewing this restaurant when I attended. Still, I've had better in some areas (such as bar costs and atmosphere), but the food was brilliant and original. It tasted good and it made me feel good. Not just a little good, either. The food – the reason I went – was brilliant. My older brother is a sous chef and I come from a family that bakes and grills all the time, so food is pretty close to second-nature to me. If Embers wasn't located directly in a Casino, I would probably take my wife there on our anniversary. That said, there are other comparable restaurants in Oklahoma city, whose locations and atmospheres make them better options. Still, it's a close call.

• Visited November 2012

Del City, Oklahoma
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent Steakhouse”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

An excellent before gaming meal experience. One of our favorites. Filet is one of the best I've eaten. They also have the best green beans, yes I said green beans, you will ever taste!

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank BrendaS931
Yukon, Oklahoma
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Don't listen to 2008 review; chefs change frequently”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

My husband and I had concert tickets for last Saturday night at the Firelake Grand Casino, and we decided to try getting a last-minute, same-day reservation at the Embers Steakhouse located inside the casino. (Timing's a little tricky for dinner when the concert starts at 7:00!) We were lucky, snagging a cancellation for the exact time we wanted and we were not disappointed.

Sure, the prices are a little higher (but not by much if you compare with other higher-end steakhouses), but it was well worth the convenience. Our steaks were excellent! The flavor was great and you could almost cut them with a fork. I had bernaise sauce topping mine, and my husband had the crab topping---both very good. I like ordering a filet, but so many restaurants these days serve them up with lots of fat/marbeling in them, and I detest fat (besides, it's not good for you).Our steaks were quite lean. The salads and sides were quite good as well.

This isn't someplace we'd drive 45 minutes to eat as we live on the opposite side of Oklahoma City area, but we will definitely eat at Embers anytime we go to an event at the casino!

Try it; you won't be disappointed.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Linda D
OKC,Ok
“Great Steaks on I-40 15 minutes east of Oklahoma City!”
Reviewed June 16, 2012

Guess I get to break the tie on this restaurants rating. My wife and I visited here on June 15, 2012. We have visited the Firelake Grand casino on several occasions but have not eaten at Embers before. To be fair...on previous visits we were not very happy with the buffet on Friday evenings, or the hamburgers downstairs at the Grandstand Sports Grill.
We decided to give Ember's a try. We were impressed! It was about 7:30 PM, the hostess seated us immediately. It has an upscale decor, we sat in a half moon booth. There was candle light and linen which I felt make for a very relaxing atmosphere.The waitress came to our table shortly after being seated and took care of our beverage requests. The menu is a bit pricy, but I noticed they did offer weekday specials which appeared to be of excellent value. We both decided on the queen cut filet mignon. It is a smaller 5 ounce cut but since we were going to play in the casino afterward we did not wish a larger portion. I had a side salad and baked potato. My wife had string beans and wild rice. Complimentary bread was served with butter,oil and basil dip were also provided. My salad was served with ranch dressing which may have been made in house. It was delightful to my taste. When the steaks were served the waitress waited to assure it was cooked to our specifications. Each was cooked to perfection! They were flavorful from the rub and very juicy, every morsel was delicious! My wife enjoyed her wild rice but thought her green beans of all things were note worthy. I am not generally a green bean fan, but these had been cooked in a light cheese and garlic coating. I tried them and found them very appetizing! We were satisfied in every way with our meal. The check came in around $40 after I applied a 15% tip. Not bad at all in my opinion. Once again to be fair, MOST of the items on the menu would have produced a MUCH higher bill. My point being, if you watch the menu closely, it doesn't have to be extravagant, yet will be totally satisfying! We were pleased, and will be back.

• Visited June 2012
Ellensburg, Washington
“Excellent food”
Reviewed October 19, 2011

Was amazed by the fine presentation and taste.

I cook and am very discerning on presentation and taste. I was most impressed by this restaurant. Had the Shrimp Diablo - best I have ever had. The bread came on a plate with 5 kinds of butters - delightful!

I recommend this place with great pride.

Amazingly reasonable price.