“Friendly staff, pleasant stay”

Hampton Inn Shawnee
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Shawnee
Haysville, United States
“Friendly staff, pleasant stay”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

The hotel was clean and pleasant. Refrigerator and microwave in the room, which is very nice. The staff kept fresh-baked cookies at the desk all night. I think Hampton has some of the best complimentary breakfasts. I didn't use the fitness center or pool this time, but they looked clean when I walked by them. Overall, I recommend the hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Lubbock, Texas
Reviewed October 24, 2013

we traveled with another couple for the night to head back home the following day...very impressed...from the lady who greeted us to the lady who was serving breakfast the next morning...very friendly and helpful..If we travel that way again we will for sure stay there again...

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Streetman
Reviewed October 11, 2013

Close to I 40. Breakfast was good. Beds were comfortable. Close restaurants nearby. Staff was very accommodating. They had breakfast and snack bags to go if you were in a hurry. I have not seen that before.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Baton Rouge, United States
Reviewed October 7, 2013

the property is a bit dated but is currently undergoing renovation. The front desk staff were so great. they went above and beyond to accomodate me (finding me a room with a king size bed when hotel was sold out, resturant reservations, etc.). every night when i came in from work, they knew my name and asked about my day and if there was anything they could get for me. They made me feel at home. I will def return here. cant wait to see it after the renovation. I am choosing "average" on room quality below based on the non-renovated room i stayed in. Im sure the new rooms with be "excellent".

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Rio Rancho, United States
Reviewed October 5, 2013

Overall just another great Hampton! Nothing is perfect, but very little to gripe about. The people service was great. Whatever we asked for was promptly taken care of. Please don't hesitate to stay here.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Woodbridge, Virginia
Reviewed September 28, 2013

The best thing about this hotel is the staff. They were very friendly, attentive and helpful. Plenty of freshly baked cookies, too!The hotel itself is old and dated. Our room had two queen beds that were clean and comfortable. I guess that is the most important thing about any hotel. The room had a fridge and a microwave. The bathroom was uodated but small in comparison to most Hampton Inns. We were on the first floor and could hear the person above us clomping around their room. Thankfully, they retired at a decent hour so it didn't become an irritant. Breakfast was below par. I had to ask for a toaster for my English muffin, the oatmeal was raw on top and cooked on the bottom of the cooker. (Someone forgot to stir the pot.) They were having a tough time getting hot food out to the serving area. Seemed very disorganized. They gave us a discount on our room for the inconvenience without our asking which was nice.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
TMIHospitality, Manager at Hampton Inn Shawnee, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Dear Sonia719,
Thank you for your feedback of the Hampton Inn Shawnee. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed our clean, comfortable beds and fresh cookies. I'm delighted that my staff was able to make your stay more enjoyable. Please accept my apologies for any inconveniences associated with your breakfast. I will be addressing your feedback with my breakfast staff to ensure any problems are corrected. I hope the next time you find yourself in Shawnee you will stay with us again.

George W.
Property Manager
Greenwood, Indiana
Reviewed September 16, 2013

We try to select Hampton Inn when on the road, never had any issues with this brand. We also like that this was outside of the city and had easy access back to I40. Honor member so the points do add up, everything was clean and quiet, which is about all I ask for in a highway stop room.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Also consider these accommodations in or near Shawnee
Comfort Inn & Suites Shawnee
Super 8 Shawnee
Super 8 Shawnee
#5 of 9 in Shawnee
Best Western Seminole Inn & Suites

Been to Hampton Inn Shawnee? Share your experiences!