“Eh. I'm loyal to Hilton...”

Hampton Inn Shawnee
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Shawnee
Reviewed August 6, 2013

...but this property delivers below the experience I have had at other Hilton/Hampton properties. It is probably due for a complete renovation. Some issues with systems/maintenance. Convenient for the area, not many other quality options...this would be towards the top if you HAD to stay in Shawnee.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank David W
TMIHospitality, Manager at Hampton Inn Shawnee, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2013

Dear David,
Thank you for your review of the Hampton Inn Shawnee. I'm sorry that we did not exceed your expectations while you were here. If you are ever in the Shawnee area again I do invite you back so that we can change your mind.

Lance D

Reviewed August 2, 2013

We were in Shawnee, OK to visit with children and grandchildren in the area. The hotel management and staff were extremely friendly and courteous. AARP rate was quite reasonable. Room was clean, there was coffee available in the lobby all the time and the internet was fast. When I told them that the pool water was freezing, they attempted to fix the problem and upon finding that they couldn't change the temperature, they refunded us the price of a night's stay for our "inconvenience", even though I told them it wasn't necessary. Nicest hotel stay that I've had in a while.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Had a couple of minor issues come up with room location and waiting at front desk to check in. Then had message left on phone at 6 pm come through at 3:30 am and wake me up. When checking out, clerk left me at counter to go to another area of hotel for another guest without acknowledging my presence or asking me to wait, etc. Manager came to front and took care of everything with such diplomacy on a problem with my credit card charges and then adjusted my bill for the Hampton 100% guarantee. Could not have asked for a more pleasant surprise and will definitely stay again when in the area. Stuff happens, reaction to it makes all the difference!

Reviewed July 18, 2013

when you book a hotel you think you would have a room after driving, but after you arrive your room is not available. when you have a guess that wants to say another night check to see if you have a room available. DON'T give a room already booked away to that person. the person that booked a room will not have one!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
ShawneeHI_GM, Manager at Hampton Inn Shawnee, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2013

Hello Muffin B.

First off I'd like to apologize for the inconveniences that you experienced at our hotel. I truly feel that this situation was unacceptable on our part and I truly understand your frustration with us. I know there are a lot of choices out there when it comes to hotel needs, and I'm delighted that you chose us, however it's unfair that we failed to provide you with great service. I do hope to have a chance to serve you again, and I will definitely use this as a training exercise for my staff. If you have any additional comments or concerns, please feel free to contact me. I hope you have a wonderful day and thank you for the feedback.

Lance.Duff@Hilton.com
405.275.1540

Reviewed June 19, 2013

I usually have high expectations of Hampton Inn locations and I try to stay at their locations often during my travel for work. This one, however, was below par for the chain. Room furnishings were definitely a step or two below that of a "regular" Hampton Inn. A little stale odor in the room as well. Room ventilation was a window unit (most Hampton Inn locations have a wall thermostat). I stayed in a two-double bed room as that was the only thing available when I booked only about three hours before my arrival. Room price was $159 plus taxes/fees. I thought this was way overpriced relative to the quality of the room. Perhaps the price was higher because availability was limited. Location is good--right next to Interstate 40. Parking is a little tight. IHOP and Cracker Barrel are both located next door.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
ShawneeHI_GM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Shawnee, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2013

Hello Brian B,

I'm glad that you have taken the time to review the Hampton Inn - Shawnee, Oklahoma on Tripadvisor. Without your feedback, we cannot grow. I would like to apologize for falling below your expectations. We are entering the beginning phases of a Property Renovation to alleviate these issues. Again, thank you for feedback and I hope to be able to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed June 13, 2013

The manager sets the tone, and in this hotel, it is evident that the manager is engaged and the staff on board. Every staff member has a smile and a "can I help?" attitude. Facilities are well maintained and clean.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank LarryranTX

Hello Larry R,

Thank you so much for your kind feedback. I am glad to read that our staff is giving their greatest service to our guests. Without you, we have no business. I hope to serve you again!

Reviewed June 10, 2013

For years now my family has always stayed in Hampton Inns when we travel, and my husband's company uses them exclusively for business travel. But on a recent family vacation in which we stayed in both Hamptons and Holiday Inn Expresses, we are starting to think Holiday Inn Expresses may be gaining ground. We were on our way home from a long trip and driving across Oklahoma when we decided to stop for the night in Shawnee. We instantly liked the location of the Hampton because it was literally right beside a Cracker Barrel. We had been traveling for days and eating a lot of burgers, and the thought of eating at a Cracker Barrel thrilled us! Also, most of the other hotels were on the opposite side of I-40 near a shopping mall and lots of stores and restaurants, so we thought this one might be quieter.

Unfortunately, we found several drawbacks to this Hampton. In our room, we got pretty loud road noise all night long. We ran the room a/c all night, plus we travel with a portable sound conditioner, but loud road noise disturbed our sleep all night long. The breakfast selection was the worst we'd seen in a Hampton ever. There was no meat on the hot bar (just dried out eggs and some gravy next to some hard biscuits) and the fruit salad consisted of a few pieces of melon floating in a big bowl of water. The fruit was so water-logged that it literally was mush. The juices could have been colored water for all the taste they had. The front door to the lobby isn't automatic, so it's kind of a chore to get in and out with your luggage, especially with a cart. And when we checked out, it was pouring rain, and the overhang leaked so that you had to walk through a waterfall to get out the door. The room decor was much plainer and cheap-looking than any other Hampton I've ever been in (think Wal Mart particle board tables and nightstands), and while we were looking forward to stretching out a bit in their pool and hot tub, we found the pool to be a mere 3 feet deep and the hot tub jets to be laughably weak. Also our room wasn't the cleanest since we found crumbs in the chairs. And finally, the a/c unit was pretty weak. Even though we ran it all night, we were overly warm and stuffy.

But, every cloud has a silver lining, and this Hampton had some good things going for it, too. When you first come into the lobby, you are greeted by 24 hour hot coffee/tea/cocoa service. Hooray! We'd been traveling out west and had more than our share of weak, watery coffee, but this stuff was good! I filled up a cup with decaf, found it to be rich and delicious, and sent my husband back down for a refill! Also we both filled up with a cup to-go when we checked out. Except for the crumbs in our room, the rest of the hotel (common area, pool area) were very clean. The beds and linens seemed high-end and were super comfy, and, as I've already mentioned, the proximity to the Cracker Barrel was a plus for our family. Overall, if I were ever in the area again, I might consider this Hampton because the pros are all good ones, but I might consider trying the Holiday Inn Express on the other side of the highway.

Room Tip: Try to get a room as far away from I-40 as you can because road noise can be loud.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Hello GeorgiaJaneite,

Thank you so much for reviewing us on Tripadvisor! It truly is a great thing when we can find discover our weaknesses so that they can be addressed and turned into strengths. My name is Lance Duff and I have recently taken over this Hampton Inn. I want to first apologize for the inconveniences you've experienced at our hotel and second I'd like to apologize for not replying to you sooner. I do understand that the drawbacks that you have pointed out are extremely inconvenient to our guests and we have entered to beginning phases of a Property Renovation that will hopefully improve many of these issues that our guests experiences. As for the many issues you pointed out with our breakfast, I've partnered with my provider and we are coming up with solutions to better serve our guests. Again, thank you for your comments!

General Manger