“Great Staff”

Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Shawnee
Houston, Texas
“Great Staff”
Reviewed June 10, 2012

We stayed for 4 nights and really appreciated the friendliness of the staff. My daughter wanted to make custom greeting cards for family members and the desk manager supplied us with colored paper and writing pencils. I liked the breakfasts (especially the western omelets and the biscuits and gravy). Peggy, who makes the breakfasts, was very friendly to us every day. She even gave me and my daughter a hug goodbye. The hotel is close to Cracker Barrel, IHOP, Taco Bell, and McDonalds - as well as the Shawnee mall. Hotel has WIFI. Room was clean.

Room Tip: We got the king size room (suite) mainly to get the microwave and refrigerator which was a good call...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Houston_TexasHaldir

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
ashland
Reviewed May 25, 2012

I travel quite frequently. I found this hotel to have a warm comforting atmosphere and surroundings. The staff was wonderful. Rooms were clean and fresh. Hot breakfast served every morning. They even had something called on the run breakfst bags, which I took advantage of on my last day. Had to catch a flight out. I would recommend this hotel to anyone! Thanks for a great stay!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Dover, Arkansas
Reviewed May 7, 2012

Stay in Shawnee from time to time to visit relatives. Always stay at the Holiday Inn Express. Stayed at the Hampton this time due to "points" that I had acquired. Small lobby, carpets in elevator and hallway were in bad need of cleaning, (preferably replacement) room was clean, bed was soft but firm. No frig or microwave, flat screen with more channels. Breakfast was a little less than what HIE has to offer, a better bathroom at the HIE also. Nice indoor pool for kids, which we do not have, hot tub is next to the pool, so the kids are in and out of it too. Not much to choose from in Shawnee, OKC is about 35 miles down the road.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank PhinsUp_in_AR
ShawneeHI_GM, Manager at Hampton Inn Shawnee, responded to this review, May 25, 2012
I want to thank you for your feedback. We at the Shawnee Hampton Inn strive to provide excellent service and accommodations to all our guests. I want to sincerely apologize as we failed to do so in your case. We value all of our guests’ feedback and use it to evaluate what can be done to improve our hotel. I want to assure you that we have addressed your concerns with our housekeeping staff. We hope with our continued effort to improve, you will keep the Shawnee Hampton Inn in mind the next time you visit the Shawnee area.

Teresa Reynolds
Wilmington
Reviewed April 7, 2012

Stopped here after a whirlwind drive across LA, through AR, and on our way to Oklahoma City. Got there late at night, and we were met by an incredibly friendly staff. The young man at the front desk was so pleasant. I think his name was Jameel. Room was clean, breakfast was standard Hampton breakfast, and the property looks a little older, but all in all it's a great place to lay your weary head. No complaints although I was surprised that it was over $100 given the location - must be the proximity to the interstate. There is an IHOP right next door that is open late, and for being right on I-40 the rooms were quiet.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank mjrtigger
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed April 7, 2012

We stayed one night, the room was nice, breakfast standard hampton breakfast. The hotel is one of the older ones in the Hampton chain, but it is well maintained. The staff is very nice and accommodating. The price couldve been better. It is a good place to stay

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 6, 2012

The hotel accommodations were really just average for the price. However, the service at the front desk was the best I've encountered! The gentleman was so warm & welcoming. I'm going to call the corporate office & give an official complemented for him. I would recommend this hotel & would stay here again if I was in town.

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank jazzyfaith
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed April 3, 2012

Nice folks working here. Clean rooms, good breakfast. A little pricey but over all a nice place to lay your head.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Harold j
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shawnee
Comfort Inn & Suites Shawnee
Super 8 Shawnee
Super 8 Shawnee
#5 of 9 in Shawnee
Best Western Seminole Inn & Suites

Been to Hampton Inn Shawnee? Share your experiences!