“Help in time of need.”

Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Shawnee
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
“Help in time of need.”
Reviewed March 10, 2012

My brother and I spent a few nights here back in February. Our grandfather was near death and we taking the night shift with him so family was with him around the clock. They were so great to get us in a quiet room since we would sleep during the day and were overall so very helpful and sincerely sorrowful when he did pass. Even a follow up email after we had left to pass on their condolences. The maids worked around our sleeping schedule so a had a clean room & towels, they made sure they saved us cookies and would make sure we ate breakfast when we came in from the hospital. Rates were great and rooms kept clean, thanks Hampton Shawnee staff, you all really helped my whole family for what you did for my brother and I!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Michael B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed February 12, 2012

The staff is friendly, helpful and pleasant. The room was comfortable and the breakfast was the standard "Hampton Inn" offering. If you have stayed at other Hampton Inns, this one is just as nice. There is a Cracker Barrell restaurant behind the hotel and a IHOP in front. Not a bad place to hang your hat if you are passing through or need to stay for a few days.

Room Tip: Free WiFi in any room and computer near front desk with printer. If you want a very quiet room, I w...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed November 15, 2011

My wife and I had been traveling and had only intended on staying one night. I was not feeling very well. Maybe a little jet lag from our flight or just a little under the weather. I had called the front desk clerk to see about extending our stay an extra night and explained to her I was not feeling well. She was very accommodating and concerned about me. The clerk asked if there was anything she could do or get for me and was very informational about the local clinics in town. The sweet lady, I think her name was Renee, even offered to drive me if needed. I indeed appreciated the gesture. A total stranger concerned for my well-being. She even checked on me later that afternoon. If I am ever out this way again, I will definately stay no other place. In fact, due to this experience and the genuine thoughtfulness and kindness I received at this hotel, my wife and I will only stay at the Hampton Inns for now on. Under the weather, but a great array of sunshine. Wonderful place to stay!

Room Tip: Restful stay. Comfortable beds. Wonderful staff.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank mtmshadow2
California
Reviewed October 13, 2011

I stayed for two nights on a cross country trip. The desk, housekeeping, and breakfast room staff all went out of their way to be welcoming and helpful. But, the property needs refreshing. The carpet is frayed and it just felt kind of worn.

There's a bench in front of the front door where people sit to smoke. As a non-smoker, it is uncomfortable to have to walk through a wall of smoke to get into the building. Perhaps there might be a better location for the bench.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed October 12, 2011

The front desk staff of this hotel made my three week business trip a real pleasure. They were very kind, helpful and always greeted me by name. There was a particular staff member, Jamel (spelling ?) who was super friendly. I usually trudge in at the end of long day, and aim for my room with little to no interaction with hotel staff. Without being intrusive the staff here made a point of always making sure that I was enjoying my stay with them. These little things, make a huge difference in the quality of a long hotel stay. If I ever return to Shawnee, I wouldn't dream of staying anywhere else!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank Julie R
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed September 28, 2011

I have been to better Hampton Inns,this one seems to be older and could use a once over.It has that smell of old. Nice grounds and staff they are ready to help you in anyway they can. Close to two casinos and great food.

Room Tip: Stay off the third floor!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed September 12, 2011

We stayed in a King suite with a study and the room was as advertised however based on other Hampton stays this one is bad need of a refresh. The sheets wouldn't stay on the bed, which made for a horrible night of waking up to remake the bed. This is not to say the place is a dump but it's in need of a refresh.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shawnee
Comfort Inn & Suites Shawnee
Super 8 Shawnee
Super 8 Shawnee
#5 of 9 in Shawnee
Best Western Seminole Inn & Suites

Been to Hampton Inn Shawnee? Share your experiences!