“Hardest bed ever”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Sapulpa
Kansas
“Hardest bed ever”
Reviewed December 14, 2013

This Super 8 has a nice appearance and nice lobby. There may have been 10 rooms taken that night because of a recent snow/ice storm but they still put us on the second floor. No elevator. It may have been because of non-smoking but the room still smelled of smoke when the fan blew from the heater. The king size mattress was placed on a hard simulated wood platform instead of springs. Who does that? And the mattress with rounded corners didn't fit out to the edge of the platform with square corners so we bumped our shins a few times before we learned. It was a miserable night. The pillows were half the size of regular pillows and flat. The water in the toilet tank dripped all night and every once in a while the tank would refill...all night long. If I want a good night sleep I won't go back there. To their credit they did have a nice continental breakfast but nobody seemed to care if the dining tables were kept clean.

Room Tip: We had 201 at the end of the hallway which was very quiet. Next time I'd ask what kind of conces...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Pat P, Manager at Super 8 Sapulpa/Tulsa Area, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
Thank you for your review. Obviously, our housekeeping staff is not changing the pillows out
when they are worn, which is something they are requred to do. We have new pillows on site
at all times. The beds are all new since we renovated all our rooms. Some of our guests
love them and some don't. I'm sorry that you didn't find them comfortable. The stool
running is another housekeeping issue that should have been taken care of before you
became our guest. I will definitely talk to the staff about this. I'm sorry that your stay with us
was not comfortable. Have a nice day.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Lubbock
Reviewed November 12, 2013

Non-smoking room at front of hotel with the outside 'smoking bench' right outside our window; tried the air only, the a/c & never could get anything comfortable to work. The fan/vent in bathroom meant we suffered from bad smoking odors. Front desk staff were nice; Maybe, because the are the only motel on that side of Tulsa means a poor room for $60. It's more $39 quality???

Room Tip: Non-smoking rooms must have had smokers 'sneaking a smoke' ; lobby was really cool but room...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Pat P, Manager at Super 8 Sapulpa/Tulsa Area, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Dear Guest, I would like to thank you for writing a review for our motel. This allows us to fix problelms that exist. Unfortunately, we do still have some smoking rooms, so we deal
with the smoke odor issues on a daily basis. My staff and I always try to eliminate this odor.
Starting in Jan. 2014 we will have less smoking rooms and more non smoking rooms so
maybe this will help. Regarding the smoking bench, we do not have one so I'm not sure
what you are talking about. Thanks you for the nice comment about my front desk staff.
Have a wonderful day.
Seneca, Missouri
Reviewed November 3, 2013

My husband was staying here for work and we came to spend the night. He reserved a cot for us several days in advance. We got there, asked for the cot and they couldn't find one. They only have 2 to start with and apparently someone had given one to another room AFTER my husband had reserved it but failed to document it. Needless to say I wasn't very happy and they weren't really apologetic. Tiny outside pool, only some of the rooms have been updated, stench of smoke/must in hallways, poor WIFI... several better hotels in the area for the $$$. Not horrible but...

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Pat P, Manager at Super 8 Sapulpa/Tulsa Area, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Dear Guest, I would like to apologize that your stay with us was unpleasant, This is certainly
not the experience I want all of our guests to have. ALL of our rooms have been recently
upgraded, The hallway smell is something my staff and I work on daily. Since smoking
is still allowed in some of the rooms it is a constant battle to keep the halls smelling nice.
Since we only have 2 rollaway beds we can never guarantee that you will have one. But we
do our very best to accomodate each guest who requests one. I'm sorry that the desk clerk
was not very understanding and I have discussed this with her. Thank you for writing this
review. This only helps us to improve our service to our guests. Have a great day!!!
Grassy Creek, North Carolina
Reviewed November 2, 2013

We stopped over on our drive to Ohio, Large room, it was clean, and smelled good, the bed was a little hard but we were so tired we had no problem sleeping. Breakfast was good, Elaine at the front desk was super nice!!!!!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Good Morning, I would like to thank you for your kind review of our motel. I will certainly pass
along the nice comment for our desk clerk. Hopefully, we will see you again. Have a great
day.
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Our first impression of this motel was good, despite the facts that there was no elevator (had to carry luggage up a flight of stairs) and the hallway & room smelled very strongly of cigarette smoke. There were signs everywhere that this is a non-smoking hotel but I suppose the smell is left over from a time when smoking was allowed.

The room was nice & spacious and included a small fridge, microwave, coffee maker and hair dryer. The room also appeared to be very clean. We didn't arrive until midnight, and had to get up and leave early the next morning, so for $65 we felt we had a good bargain.

That is until we used the toilet. Let me just say this: when you're bone-tired and have been dealing with belly issues all day, the last thing you want or need is a motel room with no working toilet. The main reasons for *getting* a hotel room is to have a bed to sleep in, and a bathroom to clean up & take care of other necessities. Otherwise you could save $65 and sleep in your vehicle.

Better Half called the front desk to ask for a plunger. The answer he got was, "I'm not sure we have one, but if I can find one I'll call you back." Thirty minutes later, still waiting for that call, I decided to go downstairs and ask for one. When I approached the desk and told the front desk person what I wanted, the response was, "Oh. You're the lady that wanted the PLUNGER." She got up slowly and waddled over to what I assume was the maintenance room/closet, got a plunger and gave it to me, saying "I hope this helps" in a bored and slightly irritated voice.

The plunger did not work. It helped stave off what could have been a disgusting mess of an overflow, but it didn't clear the clog or whatever was going on.

The shower was nice & clean but the water pressure was extremely low and the water temperature kept going back & forth between too hot to lukewarm. I could live with that, but fair warning to people with thick hair: it's going to take a long time to rinse shampoo out of your hair with that very low water pressure.

Bottom line is we will not stay at this motel in the future - but that's mainly because of the plunger issue.

Room Tip: If you choose to stay here try & get a room on the 1st floor - unless you're traveling light...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Pat P, General Manager at Super 8 Sapulpa/Tulsa Area, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
I would like to apologize that your stay with us was so unpleasant. I do appreciate the kind
words about cleanliness. Thank You. Our hotel is not totally non smoking. Smoking is
allowed in some of the rooms, so it is a constant battle to eliminate the smell from our
hallways, but that is something we do work on everyday. I don't really know what to say
about the rude clerk except to say that is totally unacceptable behavior and has definitely
been addessed with my staff. Again, I am very sorry about your experience with us. Thank
you for taking the time to inform me of your problems. This only allows us the opportunity
to improve. Have a great day.

Travelers are raving about these Sapulpa hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sapulpa
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Glenpool-Tulsa South
Comfort Inn & Suites Tulsa
Ramada Tulsa
Ramada Tulsa
#9 of 108 in Tulsa
Best Western Glenpool/Tulsa
Wingate By Wyndham Tulsa
Comfort Inn & Suites Glenpool

Been to Super 8 Sapulpa/Tulsa Area? Share your experiences!