“Compare your tastes”

Wild Horse Mountain BBQ
Ranked #1 of 32 Restaurants in Sallisaw
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed April 17, 2014

This is a good place to eat if you like back woods eating. Nothing fancy, staff stick in the muds (not friendly or helpful). The food is good. I have eaten better. But at a much fancy and higher priced place. Our family buys to go. We buy by the pound and get our own buns. They don't tell you that when you order sausages etc. Like the food.

Reviewed March 5, 2014

This place has been there for many years. The BBQ is excellent. The atmosphere is very "rustic" But it suits this establishment very well

Reviewed October 21, 2013

Not a big selection on the menu. Only had 1 sandwich which was brisket. I had the rib dinner, which seemed like smoked pork tenderloin. It was ok, different, but ok. The brisket sandwich was ok as well. The baked beans were a little different and ok. Nothing special, I probably would not go back myself.

1  Thank K9SONTHELOOSE
Reviewed October 17, 2013

I have heard about this place for years. I finally stopped by. I the good and filling and the cost was very good. But I guess I was expecting it to be much, much better and I was disappointed. The pork rib was the best part. It was all moist and tender but wish the flavor was better.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

About every 3-5 years I get to Sallisaw on business at a time when lunch beckons. When that happens, I hit Wild Horse Mountain BBQ. Located a couple of miles from I-40/Sallisaw, on HWY 59 heading to Poteau, Wild Horse has a backdrop of the Ouchita Mountains and is in a beautiful part of the state.

Wild Horse is typical of rural Oklahoma eateries. Nice folks, no pretense, lots of wood and an exposed kitchen. Boots and hats, cowboy and baseball, abound. When there recently, a nice local fella was gathering scraps for his bird dogs from folks....Dadgum I love my home state!

The chopped beef/brisket is very, very good. I cannot stand fat or gristle and there was none. The beans were excellent with just a hint of green chiles. The hot sauce did bring sweat to the back of my neck but not in a distressing way. My only negative, if there was one, was the hot link. The casing was a bit stubborn and, though meat quality was high, I had to breach that casing to enjoy it....

The folks were nice and the atmosphere is friendly and inviting but you will be sitting close to new friends. That is fine by me.

Ft. Smith has nothing which can touch this place. Tulsa does but it would still hold its own in the Tulsa market. Give them a try.