“Very Nice!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Downstream Casino Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Quapaw
Downstream Casino Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Quapaw
Missouri
“Very Nice!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2010

First and foremost I think Downstream is one of the cleanest hotels I’ve ever stayed in and that means a LOT to me. The rooms are awesome, clean, and the beds are very comfortable. We’ve stayed twice once on the 9th floor and the other on the 10th floor. Our room on the 9th floor did not have a fridge but the room on the 10th had a mini fridge in the room which was nice. The décor is beautiful you definitely get the feel of a luxury hotel. Both rooms we stayed in had a nice sized flat screen TV and an in room safe. The bathrooms are BEAUTIFUL! The only complaint I even have is that the smell of cigarette smoke lingers into the entry way and bathroom of the rooms. We noticed that in both of our non-smoking rooms. Also the walls are a little thin in the bathroom we could hear the people next to us. The staff has always been very friendly. The casino is very nice. Again it’s very clean there are a wide variety of machines and we’ve always done decent at the slots.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Branson, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2010

These are the best rooms, decorations, etc. The beds were so great that we replaced our mattress with the same mattress!!!! Love the bathrooms. Showers are awesome. Tiles are gorgeous. Really like all of the decor with the Quapaw heritage photos. Food great in the Buffalo Grille and totally awesome in the Steak house! Even the snack bar is good.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
broken arrow
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2010

the hotel is very nice but probably 20-30$ overpriced for the area it is in. when we arrived our room had weak ac and they tried to fix it but couldnt. the hallway was cooler than our room. the room was very clean and very updated. the staff all around is very friendly and helpful. during the day there can be a 5 min+ wait on the elevators. the staff tried to accomodate us with extra pillows and a fan. the casino itself is very nice and well laid out. the machines are terrible, to the point where u cant even have fun. we spent 1000$ and maybee made about 300. i had put 20$ in some machines and after 20 spins not even 1 hit. their games are very tight and will cost you a lot of money. i eneded up having to drive to miami to play at other casinos, where i won. we had to cut our stay short because the casino is so bad. there are no drink dispensers and at times didnt see anyone for drinks to up to 30-45 minutes. as far as the hotel and food i would recommed it to a friend. if you are a serious gambler stay away from there as you will lose.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2010

My husband and I love traveling to casino's so we visited the Downstream in February for my birthday and I'm a little behind in posting my review.

The first thing you should know is that this resort is out in the middle of nowhere with nothing else to do around you - so if you want to go and do other things you will have to drive a considerable distance.

The Rooms are impressive and comfortable. I found them to be a good size with a large entry as you come into your room and a huge bathroom with a large walk-in shower. Everything looks new, well maintained and clean.

Having been to countless casino's there were a couple of minor things that I didn't like. There are some rows of slot machines where your chair is bolted to the floor and you can't move it up closer to the machine and it really is too far back from the machine. I'm sure this is so the staff doesn't have to keep pushing the chairs up after you get up and leave but really I found those rows to be so annoying that I just wouldn't play there - very bad idea. There are numerous casino's that have self serve beverage stations and this casino doesn't unfortunately. I really don't like having to wait on a cocktail waitress to bring me a coke, most of the time I was long gone before they ever came back. I think if the Downstream could change this it would be an improvement. If you don't mind waiting forever and tipping for just a softdrink then it won't matter. I don't understand people that complain about not winning - you can't win all the time - if you think you should - then think about why it's called gambling? I don't believe that there's someone sitting around turning machines on and off and I think that's crazy. The machines may be tight, they may not be, it just wasn't your day end of story. I had decent luck and won about $500 on slots so I'm not complaining. Maybe they turned the machine on for me since it was birthday - thanks Downstream!

The staff at Downstream were all very nice and friendly. Our bellman's name was JOE an older man that was the best bellman I've ever come across in all our travels. He is so thourough in his job and you can tell he takes great pride in what he does. He's very kind and I hope you will tip him well, the job can't be easy at his age.

I wouldn't want to stay here long but for the time I was there I was very comfortable and happy!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2010

The hotel was clean, comfortable, nice setting however, to play the slot games is a nightmare, you can't win for loosing. Out of of $1500 I won back $250 then the machines took that too. There is no consistent winning there, you can't play. You would be better off at a penny arcade. At least there it's not as expensive and you can actually play the games. This place simply robs you blind! There were a very select FEW that won a little money but mostly the high dollar machines ($5, 25, ect). That was pathetic when everyone else wasn't able to play at all due to overly tightened machines. Yes, they control the hit rate on machines, they set them just like you would your computer to turn your lights on or off, run a virus check etc. Same thing. They are thieves, don't go there.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Prettypennyiam
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2010

Went on Memorial Day Weekend this is our 4th visit the staff is very friendly and the hotel is very clean and nice. The Pool is very nice and you can even rent a private cabana, Alex the pool bartender is the BEST.
As far as the gambling goes the Slots seam tight and it's hard to win much. My Biggest comlaint is lack of water soda coffee you have to hunt down a already overworked waitress or puchase it in line at a crowded snack area. For hanging at the pool awsome

• Stayed June 2010
Fayetteville, ar
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2010

Beautiful hotel, rooms, casino and grounds. Very clean and comfortable. We ate in the buffet and the grill. Food was great. Our room was great. The casino is nice, but the slots are definitely not customer friendly. No comp drinks? I was surprised about that. Would I come back...................probably

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Quapaw
Sleep Inn
Sleep Inn
#8 of 23 in Joplin
Buffalo Run Casino & Resort
Homewood Suites by Hilton Joplin
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Miami
Hilton Garden Inn Joplin
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Miami

Been to Downstream Casino Resort? Share your experiences!