“Best Casino Hotel I ever stayed in....” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Downstream Casino Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Quapaw
Downstream Casino Resort
You added Downstream Casino Resort to your Saves list
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Quapaw
little rock, arkansas
“Best Casino Hotel I ever stayed in....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

Stayed here for two nights because we were attending a wedding in the area. The facility is extremely nice. The hotel does NOT smell like smoke. That's a first for me in a casino hotel! Everything in our room was in working order. The room included a refrigerator and all the usual amenities. Beds are comfortable. Linens are new. Everything was extremely clean. The remarkable thing about the hotel experience, however, was the helpfulness and friendliness of the staff. I have but one complaint (and this is minor). Valet parking is free so we used it --- but why, oh why, do those guys have to mess with my radio????

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank pjcasey

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Los Angeles
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014 via mobile

I woke up the first morning on the mattress pad. They don't have fitted sheets and barely bother to tuck in the the flat sheets. When I called the front desk at 6:30 PM to ask why my room hadn't been cleaned that day, I was told I needed to to place a card on the door indicating I wanted the room cleaned and that no one from the hotel would enter without guest authorization. I mentioned I'm a business traveler, I stay in hotels at least 140 nights a year and I never heard of such a policy; furthermore, there was no door card, I'm staying in a suite and the only option I had was to press a privacy button. Her answer was "this is how things are done in a 5 star hotel." I stayed 4 nights, and each night I asked housekeeping to come fix the bed. They told me they're sick of the guests complaining about this issue. The hotel is too cheap to buy fitted sheets. And oh, by the way. News flash. This hotel isn't remotely close to being a 5 star hotel. The entire facility stinks of cigarette smoke, and the food is bland at best. I would give it 2 stars at best.

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
5 Thank Garcarcha
Springdale
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

We did not stay at the hotel.
We did visit the casino and buffet.

First off, if you are a smoker, that is your choice. So, don't get all huffy and offended. I have asthma and allergies. The ability to breath is essential to my living.

The casino is darker than most all others I've been to. That was just a weird annoyance.

Variety, there is a nice variety of machines. However, I didn't see as many twenty five cent machines (and other higher denominations) that weren't the norm that you see in non-Indian owned casinos, at least those in Oklahoma.. Boy, I hope that makes sense. The ones I'm referencing have some type of "bingo card pattern" tied in to the reels.

Our main concern is: Although, they DO have a "non-smoking" section, there is no obvious differentiation between it and the rest of the casino.
There is no buffer zone. There are no, noticeable, signage. They DO have some (approx 3 inch by 3 inch) paper "no smoking" notices that are taped to the machine. They do not stand out, at all. They are printed in grey tones. So, you don't really see them.

I observed a smoker sit at a non-smoking machine, look around (for an ashtray-no doubt) leave the area and come back with an ashtray.

The staff doesn't seem to be very diligent to ask the smokers to leave the area. I've been at another OK, casino and a slot host went to a couple smoking in that non-smoking section and asked that they leave. When I thanked her, she pointed at the cameras and indicated that she did it for her own breathing AND because she could be fired if she didn't.

I've been going to the Downstream for a number of years. This has been a problem for a very long time. In fact, I recall taking my mother (God rest of soul), she was on oxygen. We were in the nonsmoking section. A lady lit up next to her. When I pointed out that she was in the non-smoking section, she proceeded to tell me to "mind my own business, Then, I pointed out the oxygen unit and the fact it was highly flammable. The lady took off without a word more.

If anyone at the casino actually reads this. PLEASE, can you not do something that would give a true separation in the areas?

On to the buffet.
They have an Asian food grill where you pick your fixens and they make it for you.
The line was long. We didn't attempt it. From what we saw, the food looked good.

The line was even longer for the regular, hot food, buffet.
The problem seems to be that the food is present in one, continuous, line.
You can't hop ahead to the next station if you want to bypass a certain item.
Most other similar buffets have a gap/break between the different stations.
Well, I'm sure that you could station hop. The other patrons may not appreciate it.
Wait to go through the line had my food cooled once I finally made it through and to our table.

The food was "eh"
Husband and I agree that there really wasn't a wide variety of choices.
We are going to assume that it was because it was lunch buffet and not the supper.

The salad bar had some nice options, as did the fruit.

Desserts, that would be the highlight for us.
There were some tasty choices, I loved the key lime pie and brownies, especially the seven layer.

Will we go back?

Maybe, if it is a weekday and we leave before lunch.
We can drive in to Joplin and find a sit down restaurant and skip the buffet.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ozarksportsgal
Finland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

This was our stop when driving from Dallas, TX to St Louis, Mo. The hotel felt like new and everything was clean. Service was great from reception.

Breakfast was awesome, one of the best I've had in US.
Rooms were spacious, clean and well maintained.

For the hotel part, this is flawless - there is no mistakes in this one.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
      Cleanliness
2 Thank tommypee1
Mound City, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

made last minute reservations got lucky, the rooms are fantastic we had a suite and it was big room big bathroom with the biggest shower ever seen. very clean staff turned down beds at night and chocolates left in room. ate at the .buffet food was good. the indoor pool and hot tub very clean and since it's summer the whole one side was opened up to outside with tables and chairs to. the landscape is amazing and beautiful. kept up supper. will be coming back here for sure.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
      Location
1 Thank darlenejones
Tulsa, OK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

We recently stayed at the hotel at Downstream Casino. We met friends there, and used the casino as well. We all found the rooms to be top notch. They were well laid out, with nice linens, toiletries, and a comfortable bed. We were provided free bottled water, and there was free fresh whole fruit at the lobby desk. This is a new hotel, and it shows.

We enjoyed the casino. It did not smell overwhelmingly of cigarette smoke, and appeared clean and well kept. There was a large assortment of slot machines. The gaming tables were friendly.

We ate at the upscale restaurant there. We found the service to be very slow. They had even lost our reservation, but did accommodate us anyway. The food was very pricey, but it was good. There is a large assortment of choices on the menu.

Breakfast was either from menu or buffet. Most of us chose the buffet, and it was not bad. A few of the choices had been out longer than they should have been, but there was a nice variety and an omelet station. Pancakes from the menu were huge, heavy, and heavenly.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Hawaiiantaco
Blue Springs, Missouri, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Went to Downstream (and Eagle Creek Golf Club) with a group of 40+ for a Casino/Golf outing. The hotel & casino were excellent, very nice & very clean rooms w/ mini fridges. The huge outdoor pool & hot tub area was awesome! Only downside was there wasn't a lot of options for a big group to mingle together for dinner, drinks etc (pool area was perfect though!). Only bad issue for us was in the Legends bar area, our table might have gotten a little loud (but it wasn't TOO bad!), and instead of coming over to ask us to quiet down a little, three or four big dogs in suits came over & stood and stared at us, and wouldn't let our awesome waitress serve us (but didn't tell us that or ask us to leave!). Sure wish they would have just approached & asked to quiet down a little! Other than that, loved the Downstream!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Cleanliness
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank Stacey L
Also consider these accommodations in or near Quapaw
Buffalo Run Casino & Resort
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Miami
Hilton Garden Inn Joplin
Homewood Suites by Hilton Joplin
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Miami

Been to Downstream Casino Resort? Share your experiences!