“Clean, spacious rooms and friendly employees.”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Quapaw
Downstream Casino Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Quapaw
Arkansas
“Clean, spacious rooms and friendly employees.”
Reviewed June 18, 2011

My husband, friend and I went to Downstream Casino to spend the night for some casino fun! The primary reason we chose this hotel/vacinity was due to Downstream paying for the Black Jack antes. Other casinos within 2 hours all require $0.50 antes per hand. The hotel grounds are very pristine and clean. I was impressed wtih the service ranging from the valet parking (free!), bellhop, concierge, and casino staff. Most everyone was exceptionally friendly and had very friendly personalities. Our room (#1010) had two Queens and we were very happy with the amount of space and ammenities of the room. The room was also away from the elevators so it was extremely quiet. The bathroom has a slate shower, heat lamp, and is very spacious. They also provide shampoo, conditioner, and lotion. The beds were comfortable (although harder then we are used to), there is a vanity area to do your hair and makeup so others can use the bathroom. The rooms have a good size plasma tv's and a good sized closet. We also asked for a high level floor away from the elevators (during the reservation) and they clearly provided that at check-in, so I know they pay attention to requests and try to make them happen. Although we did not use the pool, we had a view of it from our room and it looked very clean and pretty big. There are plenty of lounge chairs. The casino allows smoking, but I am fairly allergic to cigarette smoke and had no issues. Perhaps they have a better ventilation system then most? We ate at the Buffalo Grill for breakfast and dinner and it was very good and reasonably priced. The buffet had all you can eat crab legs (on Friday nights) and the line was ridiculous (even at 830pm). It's a relatively inexpensive get-away and the 3 of us were all very pleased and plan on returning. I would recommend this hotel to others.

Room Tip: Ask for room specifics- they will work to do it!
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Oklahoma
Reviewed June 13, 2011

Stayed at Downstream June 9 to 11 for a conference.
Check-in was quick and easy. My room was 418, king, smoking. The room was very neat and clean and had no odor in it. Amenities in the room were an iron, ironing board, small refrigerator, coffee maker and hair dryer. There is a flat-screen TV in the armoire which also serves as the closet. There is wifi in the room and it worked well. Interesting, the bathroom has a very nice, large shower. But, no bathtub. Maid service each day was good. They advertise free newspapers at the customer service desk each day on a first come, first serve basis.

The pool area was fairly large and quite nice. They own a golf course nearby, but I did not go to it so can't express an opinion.

I did not use any restaurants since food was part of my conference.

Everyone who worked there was friendly and helpful.

Overall, it was a good experience at a reasonable rate.

1 Thank JeepguyOK
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed June 13, 2011

The room we had on the 8th floor was very spacious and clean with very comfortable beds and a huge bathroom with a lavish shower and thick plush towels. We stayed here as part of a weekend workshop with the Oklahoma Bar Association. The food was good and we enjoyed the all-you-can-eat crab legs on the buffet on Friday night.

I spent a number of hours relaxing by the beautiful pool which was very relaxing. Everything was clean and tidy and the staff was all very helpful and friendly.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed June 8, 2011

Very nice property. I've read the other reviews that had negatives and all I can say is that I did not experience any of these issues. My room was quiet, large and quite comfortable. My only negative is that the TV selection is a bit limited. The AC unit in my room worked great, keeping the room at the set temp during 96 degree days, Also someone commented on the elevators being slow, I did not see this. For a 14 story building they were fine, only two are used by the public with the third serving the staff (room service, housekeeping, etc).

Springfield, Missouri
Reviewed March 13, 2011

There really isn't much to do near the hotel/casino, and the round-about in front of the casino looks like an accident waiting to happen. The parking lot is huge and has a shuttle that runs to casino with a tip box. But there is complimentary valet parking for hotel guests.

We arrived at the hotel at 2pm ready to get settled into our room get showers and change before heading to the casino and were very dismayed to find out that we couldn't check in to our suite until 4pm. Though they offered to hold our luggage until check in. Check out was at noon.

The suite was beautiful and roomy. The walls seriously are paper thin. But the bed was comfy and clean with a ton of pillows. Up till early morning in the casino and had no trouble getting a few hours sleep before checking out.

The Jacuzzi tub was perfect for two... the shower, double sinks and separate vanity lighted mirror with bench was perfect. The Lord & Mayfair Soaps were nice. & I enjoyed the robes and slippers and the in room safe.

There were plenty dining options and they are all located along the edge of the casino floor. Though we only stopped to grab a salad and onion rings from the snack bar and took it back to the room, to relax in front of the big screen TV before going for another round at the slots. Everything is very casual, we dressed up and were completely over dressed.

The room had a mini fridge and I suggest you bring your own beverages because ordering a bottle from room service was more than double the price. I thouroughly enjoyed the in room coffee maker.

Room service was great me and my husband split the California Omelets that was decently priced at $12.

The casino was spacious and full of slots with multiple denominations. I see what the others are saying about tight slots. There was only two times that I actualy felt like I was doubling my money. Most of the times it was a downward money count. Though I did build up enough credit on my Q Club card to get some money off my purchase of a clutch purse in the gift shop.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank munkeyc
Reviewed February 15, 2011

I have stayed in many hotels in Vegas, most recently the Bellagio. The Bellagio, even with a fountain view room does not compare to The Downstream. The rooms are clean and well appointed. Huge shower. Room service 24 hrs. They could use a bit better ventilation in the rooms it seems. I like a cold room when sleeping, but couldn't get the room to cool down. The casino slots are as tight as can be. I did win a bit on the Monopoly slots, but otherwise nothing. The Red Oak Steakhouse is FABULOUS! Their use of truffle oil is fantastic. The cuts of meat are very tender and cooked just as ordered. Again, I would put this restaurant up against "Fix" at Bellagio. This hotel casino can serve as a nice "home base" as there are several other casinos in the area within 20 minutes.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank skooterdog
Pryor, Oklahoma
Reviewed January 23, 2011

me and my brother inlaw were gambling playing blackjack finanly start when they started changing dealer ever 5 minutes then we started winning in the 5 hundreds range so they cut off our drinks then they tried to kick out of our room after we were a sleep they are the poorest losser in the world must be going under. i compland to top to bottum no inters at out all on theirpart. AVOID THIS PLACE AT ALL COST i have 100% feed back will over 800 sales in gold coins on ebay. a perfect credit record in crimal record. i know how to get along with people in do bisness. but there is no help for these indian givers. STAY AWAY PLEASE ENJOY YOUR TRIP SOMEWERE ELSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends
5 Thank stevepassback
Also consider these accommodations in or near Quapaw
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Miami
Homewood Suites by Hilton Joplin
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Miami
Sleep Inn
Sleep Inn
#7 of 23 in Joplin
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Joplin
Drury Inn & Suites Joplin

Been to Downstream Casino Resort? Share your experiences!