“Updated Review.” 4 of 5 bubbles

Jo's Famous Pizza Incorporated
Ranked #6 of 31 Restaurants in Purcell
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Over the hill.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Updated Review.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2013

Jo's has improved since my last review. Change of management has made this a far more friendly place. I now eat there most every few weeks and the folks are trying hard .

I sat with Jo a few months back, ....a few weeks before she died (2012.), and, along with Ruthie. They told me of the problems caused by the previous manager. Jo was unassuming and very concerned with the reputation of the past. I can now say Jo's Pizza is a good operation with great new staff and a dedicated manager. They are now open for lunch with quick table service. Walk in and take a seat. Well done Joe's.

• Visited May 2013

Chickasha, Oklahoma, United States
“Tasty pizza”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2013 via mobile

My family met here to eat lunch. I was skeptical at first but left very impressed. First and foremost the place is very clean and spacious. You seat yourself. I ordered the lunch special pizza, salad and drink $7.99.
Salads are fresh & colorful with homemade dressing
Pizza was outstanding. I was very impressed with sauce to the toppings which is freshly prepared which does take some time. So don't be in a hurry and enjoy. You'll be glad you did.

• Visited May 2013
world traveler
“If you enjoy paying to eat on paper plates..”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013

This place is OK - the pizza reminds me that it was made by a cowboy who visited italy once and forgot to bring back part of the recipe.
Youll be seated along a slop table here amongst other feeder's and your dining options are paper plates and plastic forks.
The paper plates are thick,so they seam to think it'll be ok, ..but i assure you it's not... i aint payin you fer a picnic pal!
The sauce is weak,the cheese is decent... i think they employ a slow girl, so dont be mad if your food dont come out right..

Heres the tip - GET OUT OF PURCELL OKLAHOMA!

Visited May 2012
Duncan, Oklahoma
“Quiet Saturday lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I ate here with a friend that already knew about the restaurant. There were only a few people seated when we arrived and we sat ourselves. Our drink orders were taken and were given a few more minutes to decide what we wanted. We were originally going to eat at Tio's Mexican in Pauls Valley but they are only open from 5-9 pm on Saturday. Since we didn't get to eat there, we decided to order the small, 8 slice taco pizza under their specialty pizzas. I couldn't believe a small taco pizza was $18! The crust was perfect, the taco meat was melted to the crust with mozzarella, then it was topped with loads of shredded cheddar cheese, diced tomato, chopped lettuce, and black olives. Imagine eating a sloppy joe sandwich without the top bun and that's what its like to eat a slice. It was very tasty and all three of us agree it was worth the $18. If we are ever I'm the area again, we will be back!

“Best pizza around”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2013

Jo's is a local business that has served great pizza for years. Even though it might be a tad expensive you cannot beat the Canadian bacon pizza. The pizza is covered with shaved meat and has the right amount of cheese. The crust is on the thin side which is great. The combination pizza is loaded with meat and olives and mushrooms and cheese.