“After 30 years still the best burgers”

Ruby's Inn & Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 31 Restaurants in Purcell
Cuisines: American
Reviewed January 29, 2014

Stopped in to Ruby's on a road trip from Dallas to OKC. I must admit that this place holds a special place in this Cali girls heart. I met my husband here one summers day in 1979. The burgers were amazing then and they still do not disappoint. Ruby's is a throw back to the old diner days. Seems the place was full of farmers and locals on the day we stopped in for lunch. The old red booths and table side juke boxes are gone but the small town feel is still alive and well. We ordered a couple of burgers with fries and some fried okra. The burgers are griddle cooked and are delicious. The okra was hot and crispy. They do have a small salad bar but who wants a salad when there is a plethora of fried goodness?

1  Thank geezersgirl

Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

On a trip down through Oklahoma to Texas, we looked for a nice place to stop in Purcell. I am sure that we found the best diner in Purcell. This is a quaint diner but if you are a "foody" you will find better places in the big city.

The salad bar could be improved by adding some fresh items, such as fresh mushrooms instead of canned, and greens other than iceberg lettuce.

Fresh seafood would be a drastic improvement over the pre-breaded and frozen variety.

The prices are reasonable and the host and waitstaff were friendly.

As my dad would say, "it was better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick."

1  Thank Kruppstadt
Reviewed November 4, 2013

We hadn't had any "real" food since the free continental breakfast, maybe five hours earlier, at our hotel in Durant on our way back to OKC. My wife had been wanting me to stop somewhere since before Paul's Valley but no place I was interested in was open. We drove by Ruby's, saw a lot of cars in the lot, and I made a U-Turn. It was one of the best snap decisions I've made in a while: The burgers were superb, cooked exactly as I like them, the onion rings were marvelous and even the iced tea tasted like tea instead of brown water. In my opinion the food would have been fairly priced at twice the price we paid. (I hope the owner doesn't take that as a hint to raise it. =)

1  Thank jdc_okc
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Ate at Ruby's a couple of times when I was on a business trip. The food was very good. The service was average. It seems to be a popular place for the locals as it was quite busy. A good old fashioned diner.

Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

Had to spend the night in Purcell (didn't stay at the Inn) and decided to try the breakfast here on tripadvisors reviews and was not disappointed. The staff were all attentive and helpful with food suggestions. The 3 of us had eggs (cooked differently), hash browns, 2 had biscuits, 1 had toast and 1 had ham. We were happy happy happy. The coffee excellent and the sweet tea just right. If we ever happen to be thru Purcell I would like to try their other meals but will make it a point to come back for breakfast.