“More food for the money then most restaurants”
Review of JL's Bar-B-Q

JL's Bar-B-Q
Ranked #2 of 33 Restaurants in Pryor
Cuisines: Barbecue
Description: Founded in 1976, JL's has been providing Green Country and beyond the best barbecue money can buy!
Reviewed December 11, 2012

If you want a plate loaded with food, unlimited drinks in a nice take home cup this is the spot to stop. Good BBQ, great fries, good chicken, and great sides, all for a price that is hard to believe.

Reviewed October 27, 2012

We have eaten here several time over the years. It is delicious and the portion sizes are enormous! You can choose from a main..(ribs,chicken,BBQ beef or pork, BBQ beans, potato wedges, fries, fried okra, corn and green beans. They will fill your plate to overflowing! They do not add the BBQ sauce to the meat, you add it yourself with a choice of Hot, Mild, or Sweet N Sour. You also get a souvenir glass with any drink purchase. Great place to eat!! I think the adult meal is $12.00 for 1 choice meat and 2 sides.

Reviewed July 22, 2012 via mobile

My fav place to eat when in Pryor. Gotta be hungry though. They cover a plate insanely full.

Reviewed July 5, 2012

My wife and I had the great pleasure of dining at JL's this past week. We knew nothing about it, but it was recommended to us by many local residents. We decided to get the XL combo since the waitress said it was big enough for two people. This combo included a sample of all of the meats they offer: Li'l Smokies, Polish Sausage, Bologna with a rub, Ribs, Beef, Chicken and Pork. It also included two sides. We picked the broasted potatoes and the baked beans. This combo took up two heaping plates and cost $20.00. I thought that was a very reasonable price for the amount and quality of the food. Everything was delicious, the ribs were fall off the bone tender. I had never had smoked bologna before and it was delicious. My wife and I thought that the baked beans are perhaps the best we have ever had. The potatoes were very good. This meal was gut-bustingly good. It was so good, in fact, that we went back two days later(it took that long to work off the previous meal) and had the rib platter, which was again was filled to heaping and had drop off the bone tender ribs and two side orders for $10.99. We thought the food was delicious and the prices quite reasonable.

Reviewed June 13, 2012

Local northeastern Oklahoma favorite. Nationally known BBQ with access off of US 69, easy from the south, little tricky from the north. Large parking lot, with area for Big Trucks, RVs and Buses. Southbound travelers must go north when leaving to turn around at crossover.
New proprietors have tried hard to bring back the Original recipes and favorites for the tastebuds. We personally prefer the X-large Combo. With many favorites, ribs, bologna, hot link, sausage, brisket and smokies, the combo will feed two or more.
Very Tasty, the Best? I'll let You decide! On a Bike? May I recommend taking Scenic 412, east from Chouteau to Natural Bridge state park. ENJOY

Been to JL's Bar-B-Q? Share your experiences!