“Disappointed ”

Warehouse Willy's
Ranked #1 of 31 Restaurants in Poteau
Cuisines: American
Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant was recommended by the hotel clerk. Looked it up on 3 sites and read the reviews. Usually order what others recommend and am not disappointed. The steak was very good. The mud puppies...either it was an off night or other people like deep fried rubbery food. Don't order the shrimp, it was over cooked. The gumbo was good and very filling. Bar selection...very limited. Next time we are in Potesu, we'll try another place. If you eat here, definitely have steak.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

Very good steak (I had one too), nice sides, friendly staff, entertaining walls (lots of things to look at), I got full before dessert!

1  Thank SueMC_56
Reviewed August 22, 2013

The hotel clerk recommended several local restaurants but with a name like Warehouse Willy's I knew I had not eaten there before. it was in "down town" Poteau, and a favorite of the local's for good reason. informal attire with excellent service. I had a rib-eye that the clerk told me was on the expensive side at 18.95. little did she know that I had the same cut at the cheesecake factory for 28.00 and this was 10 times better.

1  Thank Thomas P
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Just returned from Poteau. I travel coast-to-coast and dining is important. Dining with business associates is very important, especially when you're the one choosing and entertaining. I was first treated to Warehouse Willy's by business associates about 15 years ago. On this visit, I treated another business associate.

He had the ribeye and I had the filet. Both were so tender/juicy, steak knives were not needed. Salads were fresh, side dishes were excellent and I had to give half of my filet to my associate because it was so large. Our server, Joanna, was terrific. I mentioned my last visit was 15 years ago and the restaurant was recommended by the Holiday Inn Express. Then I remembered it and it must have impressed me 15 years ago because I knew exactly where it was located. It has a charming small town, cozy atmosphere with an upper level. TripAdvisor was not available back then, and I was just a lucky visitor. Funny, Johanna told me not to wait so long for my next visit, and I won't. I'm still smiling about that and I'm so glad I was able to return. Some places don't change and at Warehouse Willy's this is a good thing. I'll be back sooner than Joanna thinks and the next time my husband can drive. I love small towns in Oklahoma, middle America, where time stops so that people are genuine, service isn't rushed, dining is easy and the food is perfectly homemade. Yes, middle America is a hidden secret and I hope the world doesn't catch up with Warehouse Willy's.

1  Thank RikiUSA
Reviewed July 17, 2013

This is a nice downtown restaurant with an interesting interior. Food is good with a selection of salads, burgers, sandwiches and some entrees. Since there aren't many decent places to eat here this is one of the best and you should try it. You won't be disappointed. My rating of 4 is meant to show that this is one of the best options in this area.

Been to Warehouse Willy's? Share your experiences!