“Comfortable, clean, with nice breakfast”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Poteau
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Poteau
Miami, Florida
“Comfortable, clean, with nice breakfast”
Reviewed April 5, 2014

Was here for one night during a business trip. The rooms were spacious, bed very comfortable, and shower was nice with a good shower head. The breakfast is included and was plenty with nice variety. I would highly recommend it.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Amber P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Poteau, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Glad to hear about all the wonderful things you had to say about our property. Our breakfast bar does have a great variety, the next time you come there may be a few changes. We are adding a few new things that are a little bit healthier. Please do not hesitate to contact me at aperceful@hiexpresspoteau.com. I would love to assist you in making your next reservation. Kind Regards, Amber Perceful, General Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
shanghai
Reviewed February 23, 2014

Nice hotel, new clean and with a very good downstairs seating area as well as table area for guests, something many of the more budget hotels tend not to have. Room was large and the bed comfortable. The service was not as good as other Holiday Inns we have stayed in, not bad just not particularly friendly.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
We are delighted to hear such kind words about our facilities. I apologize for the impassive response you received for your stay. The young staff sometimes have a hard time multitasking. I hope you consider us on your next trip to the Poteau area. Please do not hesitate to contact me at aperceful@hiexpresspoteau.com. It would gladly assist you in your next reservation. Kind regards, Amber Perceful, General Manager.
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed November 3, 2013

This is a quite, clean and comfortable place to spend the night while traveling to see the fall colors in South East Oklahoma. It is on the north side of town right beside US 59 and is conviently located near Wal-mart and several resturaunts. What more could you want? If in the area again, this is where I will stay. This facility has my Gold Seal of Approval.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Fairview, Oklahoma
Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

We went on a fall foliage trip on the motorcycle and decided to use our points for lodging. The hotel doesn't make money on us but they gave us first class treatment regardless. Desk clerk was very hospitable at check in and offered to keep the drinks and snacks out a little longer to accommodate us. This was a unique service...happy hour at the hotel. He made good recommendations for dinner and provided a great map put out by the local Chamber of Commerce. The next morning we got to meet the Manager who has been there since the hotel opened. The longevity of employees was apparent and reflects on how well it is run. Very clean. Well supplied and very comfortable. Highly recommend staying here.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Ankeny, Iowa
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Traveled to Texas and stopped in Poteau, OK on the way out and back. Stayed at the Best Western on the way out and the Holiday In Express on the way back. The Holiday Inn was a little newer and the room was a little larger. The free breakfasts were very similar; OK but nothing outstanding. The Best Western was $30.00 cheaper. Both had very pleasant staff, with the gentleman at the Holiday Inn calling the elevator for me when I came in with my hands full. I would stay in either hotel again, but would give the edge to the Best Western because of the lower price.

Room Tip: May want to stay in front west rooms to stay away from the train tracks.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MartyDeaton
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Poteau, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Dear MartyDeaton,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. I am pleased to know that you had a satisfactory stay at our hotel and apologize for any shortfalls you have encountered. I appreciate feedback that we receive, whether positive and negative to ensure we provide the best level of service and facilities that we can give to our guests. Thank you again for your review and I hope to have an opportunity of welcoming you back again soon.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

Spent three nights at this hotel while in the area on business. Overall this is a very nice and clean hotel. The staff were friendly and my room was cleaned promptly every day and nothing missed. The only draw back is the odd entrance to the hotel. Can make for a bit of a challenge if not prepared.

• Stayed August 2013
Edmond, Oklahoma
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Very upscale hotel with exceptional management/staff. Just returned from a two night stay while in Poteau on business. This three-year old hotel with its dramatic stacked-stone fireplace dividing the lobby from the dining area is an immediate indicator that this hotel intends to exceed expectations. To be candid, I looked online and Ft. Smith hotels were listed. I reviewed TripAdvisor and found the Holiday Inn Express and knew this was the hotel.

I expect excellence and I expect to pay for it. However, this hotel provides excellence without the price tag. I can travel to Poteau and return home in one day. But, over a three day stay, I opted to stay in Poteau. I will return here for a two day visit. I have to report an wonderful stay, with a great room, perfect bed, granite bath vanity, extra lighting, coffee in the room, desk and extra bench for luggage.

Plus, the breakfast with eggs, ham/sausage, biscuits, bagels, pastries, yogurt and fruit was more than I expected and the manager's reception with wine, beer, cookies was a surprise. I sat and had wine and the manager came in and asked whether I wanted the channel changed on the TV above the fireplace. These little extra gestures are management attitudes that separate one hotel from another. Unbelieveably, I forgot my phone charger. They had one and said it belonged to an employee of the hotel. But, Paul, the manager loaned it to me for the duration of my stay - so accommodating. He also recommended Warehouse Willie's for a fabulous dinner to take a business associate. Great recommendation - Paul dined there the same night. My business was going to cause the need receive a fax after my departure Friday afternoon. Again, Amber, told me this was no problem, even an accommodating late check out was available, but I didn't need it. I will be back in Poteau soon, with my phone charger, and I will return to the Holiday Inn Express. Such a perfect stay and accommodating staff. This turned my business stay into a mini-vacation.

Room Tip: I am not awakened by trains, but if this is a problem, choose a room on the West side. The West side...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Poteau
Days Inn & Suites Poteau
SureStay Plus Hotel Poteau
Choctaw Casino Hotel Pocola
Candlewood Suites Fort Smith
Candlewood Suites Fort Smith
#4 of 22 in Fort Smith
Home2 Suites by Hilton Fort Smith
Cherokee Casino & Hotel Roland

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Poteau? Share your experiences!