“Not Bad!”

JW Cobbs
Ranked #21 of 70 Restaurants in Ponca City
Cuisines: American
Reviewed August 20, 2014 via mobile

We think JW Cobbs is an OK place. Basic food with a pleasant atmosphere and friendly service is what you get at Cobbs. We've been there a few times and will probably go back.

My opinion of the food is that it is basic so I want to elaborate. Food here seems like that some folks might prepare at home e.g., canned vegetables, mashed potatoes with canned gravy, fried chicken and clearly home made style food. Simple, good food for a low price.

Reviewed July 5, 2014

Have eaten hear many times over the last 10 or so years. Quality of food is slowly going downhill. It's not bad, just not as good as it use to be, and the prices keep going up.

Our visit last week most of the staff looked like they should have been tending bar, not serving food. Most were not appropriately dressed to be handling food.

Our waitress informed us we would like the house made salad dressing. When we did not like it, she seem surprised and acted as if we didn't know what we were talking about. The "fresh" rolls were hard and dry, mashed potatoes were watery. Chicken fried steak was ok, but not what they use to be.

Sad to say - after all these years we will probably not be going back.

Reviewed April 22, 2014

This cafe has a strong following due to it's home style meals. The food tends to lack flavor but portions are large and price is small. If you are looking for a place with charm keep on driving.

Reviewed January 23, 2014

I love this place. I took my husband the last time we were in the area and he was very skeptical, especially when we were the youngest people in there by 30 years. lol. He ended up loving it too. I normally wouldn't recommend lunch buffets, but theirs is good. Great down-home cooking that won't cost you much.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

Visited family in Ponca and went to JW Cobb's for dinner around 5:30 on a Friday. The place was packed. We had a party of 8 and had to wait a long time to be seated. They were waiting on a large party to leave so they could seat us. Common sense would be to pull two four tops together but instead of doing that they proceeded to seat parties of 2-4 before us...at least a half dozen or so of the smaller parties went before us, not cool.
The food there is okay, I had a BLT, played it safe. Saw some ribeyes at other tables, quite thin. They have a small, small salad bar. You can get a salad from the kitchen for $1.69 or the bar for $1.99 if memory serves me right.
I would go back again, just with a fewer number of people so you can be seated quicker.
The restaurant is across the street from the Comfort Inn & Suites where we had stayed while there.

Been to JW Cobbs? Share your experiences!