“Moved to New Location”

Tortilleria Los Compadres
Ranked #38 of 70 Restaurants in Ponca City
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed May 15, 2014

This restaurant has moved to a new location. It now occupies a space that used to house a diner/cafe type restaurant that had been a staple in Ponca City for many years. It is a much more inviting space with a lunch counter as well as booths. The previous location was definitely a dark hole. I go to Tortilleria Los Compadres for the things that I like. My favorite filling for burritos, tacos, etc. is the adobada. It is a pork and chorizo filling with cilantro and onions. I also enjoy the asada, carnitas, and bean & cheese fillings. Of course, I buy the tortillas as well. I much prefer this authentic Mexican food to the lettuce, yellow cheese, and rice stuffed offerings of so many of the more Americanized menus of "Mexican" restaurant. I have only actually eaten in the restaurant once, preferring this place for take out. I will definitely eat at the restaurant now that the location has changed.

1  Thank Glenn W

Reviewed October 21, 2012

Our favorite mexican food in the state. Freshly made flour tortillas (which you can also purchase by the dozen), incredible burritos (asada, carnitas, and lengua are our favorites, with lettuce or cabbage, and cheese, salsa, guac, onion, fresh cilantro, and sour cream on request ("everything", and "everything"). The barbacoa is slightly greasy by nature, and I can see how people who have grown up on Taco Mayo type food would not know what to make of this type of "real food" Cheaper than fast food, and best stuff for a hangover in the world. Very small, cozy, "mom and pop" type place with lots of local character. Great employees, too.

1  Thank nursebetty1969
Reviewed June 21, 2011

As a local, this is not my favorite Mexican restaurant to eat at. They do not have queso and its a small hole in the wall type of place. I do often stop in here for their hand made tortillas and I will usually pick up a container of the Mexican crema in the fridge. I will make a great snack using some cheese, the tortillas, salsa, and this amazing crema that is so good you could eat it plain on a spoon! I also like the rice they serve here.

2  Thank karakiwi
Reviewed December 15, 2010

Stay away from this place. Greasy food that tastes awful. Try one of the other Mexican places in town.