“Comfortable beds! Friendly staff!”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Ponca City
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Ponca City
Lansing, Kansas
“Comfortable beds! Friendly staff!”
Reviewed November 4, 2013 via mobile

Very happy with our stay, could not have been better. All the staff were super helpful and friendly. Called the desk to ask for a blanket, David was up to our room within 5 min with it. The beds were super comfy for me- I have fibromyalgia and if they are too hard or soft I wake up in pain. I actually felt rested! Was able to turn the air down in the room to make it cool and not hear the thing coming on and off all night. The girl working down in the breakfast area actually made people's breakfast for them. Wow, what service! That young lady needs a raise. Terrific help!

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank nlcourt

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Oklahoma City
Reviewed October 17, 2013

There was no construction going on in the lobby, so that must be all finished. The receptionist was polite. The room was clean. The bed was unremarkable and I slept fine. The internet access worked.

It's not fancy. The rooms are not spacious, so staying here for a long stretch of time might start to feel cramped. The decor was blue and orange on the floor I slept on, so if you are an interior decorator you might cringe.

But if, like me, you just need a place to sleep for a night that's clean, safe and generally comfortable, this one worked fine for me.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank 10mark21
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We stayed here for one night on July 20 using points. This place was pretty nice. The decor was pleasant. Staff was very friendly. Room was very clean. It had a nice TV, desk, small refrigerator and microwave. The AC worked very well. We did not use the pool.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Wildcat76
Collinsville, Oklahoma, United States
Reviewed July 11, 2013

This was our first choice of hotels because we are Marriott members. However, the lobby was not welcoming, mostly because the young woman behind the counter was talking with a friend who was leaning over the front desk. We asked her what rooms she had available and her best rate. She rolled her eyes. After informing us that there were no king beds available, we left.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Sykesville
Reviewed June 1, 2013

There are not many choices for hotels in this area, and the reason I stayed at this one was that it was the only one that met my employer's per-diem government rate. Next time in Ponca City, I will stay at the Holiday Inn Express and pay whatever rate difference there may be out-of-pocket. This review covers a one week stay.

My assigned room had dirty/stained towels on the floor behind the door of the bathroom, as well as used empty containers of toiletries. Clearly, the maid had not looked behind the door. That set the tone for my stay, and in many ways, that sums up my opinion of this hotel. Lack of attention to detail.

I was interested to see that other reviews here spoke of a renovation in December of 2012, 18 months ago. There was no evidence of that on my stay; they were renovating the lobby area while I was there, and the rooms seemed tired and worn. The beds were stiff and uncomfortable, not up to current hotel industry standards. As a result of the ongoing renovations, the pool was unavailable, with construction materials stacked around it. Parking was limited and tight, due to some portions of the parking area being used as lay down zones to support construction as well. there were two occasions during my stay where they had to shut the water off for a couple of hours.

Breakfast was decent; internet service was fast. The staff were cheerful, if somewhat unprofessional.

Note for future travelers: there were numerous tornados in the area while Im was there; it would be prudent to do some research to know what to do, and to bring a weather radio. You won't get much guidance from this hotel's staff on that issue.

This hotel was half an hour from my worksite. Last time I worked here I stayed at the Hampton Inn in Derby, Kansas, an hour away from my worksite. If I can't get into the Ponca's Holiday Inn Express, it is back to Derby for me.

Room Tip: Choose a room in another hotel.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States
Reviewed May 21, 2013

The fairly insignificant negatives first. We visited the hotel during renovation so gym and pool weren't available on this visit. Only slight negative in the renovation of the rooms was the design of the sink area. There was really nowhere to place your toiletries so they wouldn't get wet. Chair was slightly too narrow for a larger person like myself. The positives were the comfortable bedding, cleanliness and SERVICE! We are Okies, used to friendly people, but both the 10pm Sat crew and 9am Sunday crew were the nicest we've experienced in a long time. Having waffles made and served by the hostess was a very appreciated touch. We left a shirt behind and they emailed me immediately upon finding it. Great hotel experience. Will stay there again.

• Stayed May 2013
Merrimack, New Hampshire
Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

This is an older Marriott that is going thru renovations. Other than being old & paint smell throughout it was a clean hotel. Our room was clean which is very important!

The front desk lady was not very friendly. She told us the "schpeel" without one smile & sent us on our way. She also told us they had queen beds & they were only double which did not make me happy at all. I would have went down the road where I know I could have gotten queen beds.

The breakfast was normal for hotels.

The morning desk people were very nice & friendly. A good crew to send you off on your day!

I might return here after it is remodeled in hopes the beds are upgraded because they desperately need them upgraded!

• Stayed May 2013
Quality Hotel
#8 of 11 in Ponca City
Americas Best Value Inn - Ponca City
Best Western Blackwell Inn

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Ponca City? Share your experiences!