“Fun to see!”

The Pioneer Woman Mercantile
Ranked #1 of 24 Restaurants in Pawhuska
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We arrived on a Tuesday around noon and got in line for lunch. It took about 30 mins before seated. It was humid and hot (93 degrees) and boy did that AC feel good once inside.
After lunch we looked around the merc, bought one of her saran wrap dispenser (which we LOVE) and bought some treats upstairs.
For lunch I had pork chops which were very good, although it comes with a small salad and potatoes, I longed for some other veggies. Definitely comfort food! My man had country fried steak and loved his mashed potatoes (very buttery).
We stayed at the Settle Inn RV Park five miles away and it was lovely.
Fun to see the Merc after reading all about it on her blog.

1  Thank Celeste T

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Being a fan of the Pioneer Woman, we traveled here just to check out the Merc and her restaurant. We loved the restaurant and the store. We got there before it opened and there was a wee line.
We were surprised that the merchandise was unlike that from Walmart. I got a darling pitcher and a few other items. It is in a beautifully restored old brick building. Upstairs is a large room with comfortable seating and tables. You can get a pastry or desert and enjoy for now or later. We enjoyed watching 3 bakers pound the dough to make scones which was fun to see. We arrived on a Monday morning and we didn’t have tons of people around so it was easy to look at everything!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Decided to drive to "The Merc" for breakfast. I ordered the pancake breakfast while my daughter ordered the biscuits and gravy. The pancake breakfast consists of 2 pancakes (excellent), 2 eggs made to order, a strip of bacon and sausage. The pancakes come with 3 kinds of butter (raspberry, blueberry and cinnamon) and 4 flavors of syrup (maple, maple infused with orange, maple infused with cinnamon and a salted caramel.) All choices were good although the caramel would be better on ice cream. The bacon was cooked just right and was so tasty my daughter ordered a side. The biscuits were light and fluffy. The gravy had great flavor. It was a lot of food. Highly recommend the trip.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This was my second time to visit The Merc. This trip I had breakfast there 3 times. It’s ridiculous, I know, but the Spicy Cowgirl just keeps calling my name!
This trip, I enjoyed the waffle with 4 different syrups, one was salted caramel. That’s the one I used the most. I had the best croissant I’ve ever had, the Egg in the Hole, and the Ham Scramble which was fantastic. There is so much goodness to choose from, the worst part of the meal is making decisions.
I can’t say enough about the service. Everyone there makes you feel like you’re in your own hometown.
Then you can shop on the other side. And go upstairs to the bakery, where you can even watch them preparing the goodies. But then there it was! The syrup to make my own Spicy Cowgirl at home! Heaven! And if you haven’t had a Spicy Cowgirl, you better get to Pawhuska, OK. It’s the best ever!

1  Thank dme500
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This was our 2nd visit to The Merc. We ate in the restaurant on our first visit and snacked in the bakery on this visit. We preferred the bakery over the restaurant. We met so many friendly people from all over the US as we waited in line to eat and while we shopped. We shopped, of course, on both visits but I have to agree with other reviewers; some of the merchandise can be purchased elsewhere for less. If you get the opportunity to tour The Lodge, go! (Touring The Lodge is free but you must make sure The Lodge is open to tours on the day of your visit AND you must get a ticket at The Merc.) If you’re a fan of PW, you will really enjoy every minute of it!! The kitchen is beautiful and the view of the ranch from The Lodge is breathtaking. We saw Cowboy Josh on our way back to town. He smiled and waved as we drove past him. What a kind gentleman!! Have to admit, seeing Josh’s kindness being extended beyond the television screen just shows the genuineness surrounding the Drummond Ranch. Highly, highly recommend The Merc!! The experience is so worth it!

2  Thank X3blueyes