“Nice place to stay, but a little pricey”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Pauls Valley
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Pauls Valley
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma, United States
“Nice place to stay, but a little pricey”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2012

Recently stayed here on a Friday night with the family. We had 2 rooms. When walking into the room they are just as pictured on the site. Francie at the front desk was wonderful and very helpful. We did have an issue with finding something sticky had been spilt down the side of the dust cover. We called the front desk but apparently there is no one else on staff during the evening except the front desk person and they don't have acess to housekeeping. Still she was very friendly and called me twice to let me know she was still trying to contact maintenance to get access. I finally told her not to worry about it and I just tucked in under the mattress. Beds were harder than I like, but they were good beds. I liked that there were both soft and firm pillows on each bed. Breakfast was okay. There was a nice selection, but both the gravy and eggs had a powdery taste. There was only one lady trying to keep enought bacon, eggs, biscuits, and gravy made and stocked from what appeared from the microwave. Which was very difficult. They did have a really neat pancake making machine though. You pushed a button and it made 2 pancakes in about a minute. There were several crickets around the floor in different places that had appeared to have been there a couple of days. Overall I was satisfied with the hotel, just wish it had been a little cheaper for the area, and had more staff on duty.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2012

This hotel was very clean and comfortable. It smelled fresh! There was a microwave and refrigerator in the room. The AC fan was a little loud, but it didn't keep any of us awake. The breakfast was okay, but not great. There was plenty of food. The cinnamon buns were delicious! I wish the price was a little lower, but I think it must be the nicest hotel around and it was affordable.

Room Tip: We were facing the back on the first floor, with a view of a corn field. It was pretty quiet. I co...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2012

I'm late writing this review but since I was reviewing the Holiday Inn Expresses on my last trip I thought I would go ahead and rate this one from a previous visit. I was very suprised to find a Holiday Inn Express in such a small town. Actually it isn't in town per se but on the road off the expressway going into town. Take the exit #72 and your on the 'whiteway' as they refer to it. Other than the Holiday Inn Express, the only other recognizable name is Days Inn. I whole heartly recommend the Holiday Inn. It is everything you expect from a first class hotel in larger cities. The rooms are quiet and very comfortable. Our registration was quick and easily handled as was our checkout. Staff is friendly and helpful. The hotel is close to various quick food eating establishments. All in all it's a great place to spend the night.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Red Oak, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2012

I stayed here over the weekend May 25, the rooms were nice bed comfy & room clean. Except for the refrigerator it had a few stains in it. Ok so here are the bad: Blanket had hair on it white pubic hair, in the bathroom while sitting on the toilet I saw a roach crawl from under the cabinet. I tried to step on it but it ran. There was a bug in my bed like a little Gnat which I swatted. Breakfast was good well done and had a pretty good selection. The lady that checked me in was Francine she seem to a fake nice you can tell she really had to pull the nice out of herself and she was lazy sat down the whole time. I worked in the Hotel industry you always stand when a guest comes in. She seemed liked she didn't want to be bothered by guest just a very fake cold nice not warm or welcoming at ALL. The pool bathroom was sooooooo nasty pee all over the stool roaches in the shower. No paper towels or toilet tissue it was just plain gross in there. Housekeeping was nice always smiled at me and said hi very warm real smiles.

Now the girl that checked that me out I told her about the roaches and how someone had there TV on high volume all night and there was beating on the doors at about 5am. I told her everything above all the complaints. You would think after I told her all these complaints she would offer some type of customer satisfaction comp or free night or anything. She said with a fake smile she will call the exterminator today and that she was the one knocking on the guest door to tell them to turn down TV. So she knew what I was talking about and does not try to do anything for customer satisfaction except a fake smile and a lie that she will call the exterminator. Yea right!! I don't know this ladies name that checked me out it was around 645AM she was a heavy set brown hair white lady. The only receptionist that was nice and helpful person was a Hispanic lady that worked in the afternoon.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Pauls Valley, responded to this review, July 14, 2012
Dear Boss L,

Thank you for leaving a comprehensive review, highlighting not only the bad but also the good. It's nice to hear that you like the comfortable bed in your room. I am truly sorry for the issues you had during your stay. I understand the inconvenience this has caused you. We would like to obtain additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Pauls Valley, OK.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Travelers are raving about these Pauls Valley hotels

Collinsville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2012

Check in extremely quick and friendly! Very close to Braums, other restaurants and Walmart

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
san antonio, texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2012

We check into this hotel May 7, 2012, after hotwiring to get the best rate. After the receptionist figured out we had used hotwire, she was extremely rude, short and rather sarcastic.
Other than this, the hotel was very clean, great hot breakfast and courteous morning manager.
Not sure what the problem was with the nighttime receptionist...it is not any $ out of her pocket whether someone hotwires or not.
Only three hotels in this city so one does not have much choice in prices.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2012

I have almost no complaints about this particular hotel. Everyone on staff was pleasant (Francie was especially nice and helpful in many ways), the hot tub was the perfect temperature and always available, the location is super easy, and the room/bed was very nice and comfortable (frig and micro came in very handy). My bigger negative is about hotels in general. I think 100.00 is too much for one night even at this type of hotel. The other negative could be easily corrected by putting out fresh fruit and changing it out when it's not fresh and doesn't look appetizing anymore. And that all-in-one pancake maker that shoots pancakes out in less than a minute is the BOMB!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com

Also consider these accommodations in or near Pauls Valley
#1 of 2 in Sulphur
Americas Best Value Inn
Americas Best Value Inn
#5 of 10 in Pauls Valley

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Pauls Valley? Share your experiences!