“Great Hotel but Extremely Rude Night time Receptionist”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Pauls Valley
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Pauls Valley
san antonio, texas
“Great Hotel but Extremely Rude Night time Receptionist”
Reviewed May 11, 2012

We check into this hotel May 7, 2012, after hotwiring to get the best rate. After the receptionist figured out we had used hotwire, she was extremely rude, short and rather sarcastic.
Other than this, the hotel was very clean, great hot breakfast and courteous morning manager.
Not sure what the problem was with the nighttime receptionist...it is not any $ out of her pocket whether someone hotwires or not.
Only three hotels in this city so one does not have much choice in prices.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 8, 2012

I have almost no complaints about this particular hotel. Everyone on staff was pleasant (Francie was especially nice and helpful in many ways), the hot tub was the perfect temperature and always available, the location is super easy, and the room/bed was very nice and comfortable (frig and micro came in very handy). My bigger negative is about hotels in general. I think 100.00 is too much for one night even at this type of hotel. The other negative could be easily corrected by putting out fresh fruit and changing it out when it's not fresh and doesn't look appetizing anymore. And that all-in-one pancake maker that shoots pancakes out in less than a minute is the BOMB!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com

San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed August 11, 2011

I cannot say enough about our positive experiences at HIE in general and the Pauls Valley location specifically. My husband and I stayed at the HIE on our way to and from St. Louis in July. Our first experience was with Michela. She was helpful, courteous, cheerful, and made our stay a pleasure. We left the next morning, well nourished and had a fitful nights sleep. Love the Beds! Nearing St. Louis, we remembered that we had not picked up my husband’s Navy Seal watch, which he had dropped by the bedside the night before. We both thought the other had retrieved it. We called the HIE and spoke with Francie. She put us on hold, went to the room, crawled around the bed, and finally found the watch. She was very concerned to make sure it was secured for us so we could pick it up on the return trip. On the return trip, we met Francie, who was very relieved to put the watch in our hands. Needless to say, the watch could have disappeared anywhere along the line and no one would have known. We offered Francie a cash reward for finding and saving the watch, which she refused. We offered to send out for dinner for her, which she refused because of company policy.
Integrity is difficult to find in these days and we were very impressed with her commitment to the customer and company.
Two wonderful experiences, two wonderful young ladies, and some precious memories.
This type of employee also reflects on the persons that hire them. Safe, pleasant, secure, clean, and comfortable.

Room Tip: any room at this facility. All were clean and neat.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
McKinney, Texas
Reviewed July 19, 2011

With the exception of the day time front desk clerk the staff all treated us like a necessary evil. The pool and hot tub needed cleaning and we had to request towels. We had a queen suite, the beds are blocks of concrete dressed up to resemble mattresses. On the plus side it appeared clean and the air conditioning worked.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Pauls Valley hotels

Edmond, Oklahoma
Reviewed May 2, 2011

We checked in on Friday afternoon around 3:00 pm to get ready for a baseball tournament in Ardmore. After I got checked into my room Ient down stairs and was told there was a 9:00pm curfew and the boys were not allowed to be running in the halls. I COMPLETELY AGREE WITH THAT. I told the front desk woman the kids from our team would act right (WHICH I THINK THEY DID). Later without any provocation, I wasI again confronted about the curfew and was told a couple of weeks earlier some other teams had trashed the hotel. I AGREE THIS IS COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE BEHAVIOR, but I don't feel you need to take out your problems on everyon who walks in your doors. Since I will only speak about my direct observation, and experience, I informed the owner's wife I would write a review about my experience, and she told me to go ahead because it was only my opinion. She told me teams participating in the baseball tournaments were not welcomed at this hotel. I hope if you are making arrangements for a tournament you will think twice before staying here. Well since she said it was only my opinion, my opinion is this: I have taken my children to softball ad baseball tournaments in at least 8 different states for the past 10 years(many times each year) and I have never been treated worse than at this Holiday Inn Express. The facility was ok, but the customer service needs improvement at once, or I am sure a bad reputation will haunt this facility for a long time. My suggestion is to drive on down the road and find a different place to stay.

• Stayed April 2011
2 Thank falsetooth
MISSOURI CITY, TX
Reviewed April 21, 2010

I had booked online for a reservation and had messed this up. I tried calling to get my reservation corrected and they refused to help me. I called back during the day and got the same response. I asked to have a manager call me back and they never returned my call.

CUSTOMER SERVICE & MANAGEMENT SUCKS. I will never stay in Paul's Valley ever.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank KOYBOY
Corpus Christi, TX
Reviewed January 6, 2010

I've been choosing Holiday Inn Express hotels for years. Mainly because their rooms are up to a certain standard. I always know that I'll have a comfortable stay.

The management at this particular hotel, however, seem to place saving pennies above guest satisfaction. It's several little things that really add up.

The biggest problem is the bedding. I stayed in a King Bed Guest Room, which looks exactly like that in the photos on their website. The furniture and fixtures are all standard Holiday Inn Express, but the mattress seems to have been purchased from "Joe's Discount Mattresses". My back was sore for the duration of my three day stay, and for a full day after. Then the pillows. HIE normally has two each of "Firm" and "Soft" pillows. Well, this King size bed had four identical sub-standard TWIN size pillows (though they do have the HIE pillow cases marked "firm" and "soft".

Next are even smaller things that also make a big difference. The waste-basket liners were too small for the waste-baskets. The toilet tissue and facial tissues were obviously the cheapest things available anywhere. I'm used to HIE having Kleenex brand facial tissues and Scott brand toilet tissue. Not here. If you blow your nose with these tissues, you may as well just blow right on your hand, because it instantly goes right through. I'm not gonna describe the toilet tissue, but let's just say the problem was similar. I ended up going to Walmart and buying my own tissues, just so I could keep clean.

It's a very pretty hotel, but the things that make a person comfortable simply aren't there.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
#3 of 10 in Pauls Valley
Days Inn Pauls Valley
Days Inn Pauls Valley
#2 of 10 in Pauls Valley

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Pauls Valley? Share your experiences!