“Love The Fried Shrimp and Texas Rice”

Lone Star Steakhouse & Saloon
Ranked #22 of 107 Restaurants in Owasso
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Cape Coral, Florida
“Love The Fried Shrimp and Texas Rice”
Reviewed January 15, 2012

I don't know how they cook this rice or what seasonings they put in it, but it's addictive! I don't eat beef so we go here when my hubby is wanting a steak. There is a Logan's Roadhouse in town too but I don't like their shrimp. Their Caesar Salad is very good. Lone Star also has those lovely rolls with honey butter that I usually have as dessert! My only complaint about Lone Star is that they can't seem to make a good martini.

Houston, Texas
“Stay away from the steak”
Reviewed October 9, 2011

Great service and good drinks at the bar. I asked for a table and ordered a steak which was one of the worst steaks I have ever eaten. I give this restaurant 5 stars for the service but only 1 star for the food quality.

• Visited September 2011
1 Thank TX1969
Arlington, Va
“More Hits then Misses”
Reviewed October 1, 2011

I stayed at the Hampton Inn across the way so I did go to this restaurant frequently. The steaks were good - not out the world - but you did get your money's worth out of it. I did do carry out and being a creature of habit, I would order the same meal. Each time, I felt I received smaller portions than as if I stayed there and twice, they placed the green beans (which were quite good by the way) in these small plastic round container. The containers were so small, all the green beans were broke/messed up/mushy. I would have gone back, but I was back in my room. At least they tasted the same.!

• Visited September 2011
OK
“Outstanding! Great food and service”
Reviewed July 31, 2011

Everything is really great at Lone Star! I have tried many different entrees and my favorite are the two mesquite pork chops with my favorite baked sweet potato with regular butter instead of minimum butter and a dinner salad with ranch. As a diabetic, I can eat here and leave out the bread even though it is wonderful but I do not do well with carbs. This meal does not affect my sugars.
Wonderful ! Wonderful ! Wonderful !

Great food and great service...

OK
“Hit & Miss”
Reviewed June 17, 2011

Sometimes you get a succulent steak and sometimes it's on the dry side. They have recently added fresher sides to include steamed spinach & green beans. The steak queso appetizer is the best & is consistently good. They have a 25.00 deal, two people can choose one appetizer & two entrees. This deal also includes two sides each & delicious rolls. The portions are full sized & I always have extra to take home. The atmosphere is a bit noisy and all of the servers refer to you as "guys". I do admit the whole guys thing is a pet peeve of mine. How do you call a table of ladies guys??? Don't sit near the bar or you get the bar server. The bar server is too busy to provide dining service! All in all, if you are in Owasso & want a steak Lonestar is not a bad choice.