“Everyone was very nice making us comfortable and welome.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of BEST WESTERN Okmulgee

BEST WESTERN Okmulgee
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Okmulgee
Huntsville, Al
“Everyone was very nice making us comfortable and welome.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2009

It was a very busy time for the hotel but they were very nice in finding us last minute rooms for 3 days. Would recommend this hotel for othes when in Okmulgee. Great visit as all have been for the last 8 years. Our little dog even seems to remember from year to year our visits and is very calm while moving about the facility. Thanks for being so kind.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Pontiac, MO
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2009

Originally booked a queen double, then upon arrival, changed it to a king jacuzzi suite. What a mistake! Tried the jacuzzi the first night and the on/off switch would not work. Got out of tub, called the front desk, they said the tub switch did not work, there was an on/off switch on the bathroom wall. Could not find on/off switch and finally decided it was the GFCI switch over the vanity--clear across the room from the tub--how convenient! Pushed the GFCI switch about 10 times, nothing. Drained the tub and went to sleep. Next day, had difficulty with the door lock. The housekeeper also had difficulty. Said she would check on it. Returned to hotel to find they had moved all of our belongings to another room, also a jacuzzi suite. The door lock in the first rofom was broken. First thing we noticed was water all over the bathroom floor which was a continuing problem the remainder of our stay there. We notified the desk--they gave us old towels to wipe it up and said they would check on it. The "free" breakfast was pitiful. Twice, I spoke to the desk, telling them I was not happy with the experience, and believed the room should be discounted. No response. On checkout, the housekeeper (who checked us out) said she would tell management, who would contact us. Doubt that I will hear from them again--they have my money now. Also, doubt that I will ever stay in a Best Western hotel again! I understand a Holiday Inn Express is being built in Okmulgee, and that is where I will stay on future visits!

• Liked — Nothing!
  • Disliked — Too many problems with the room.
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
Traveler
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2008

I have stayed at this motel twice. The property itself is quite nice. The restaurant is no longer open. I have found lately that Best Westerns are good value for the money. The rooms are looking somewhat aged but are clean and it's a safe property. Like most motels the staff on 2nd shift could use some training in their people skills. I don't know why it bothers me that someone stays on their cell phone while trying to deal with customers but it does. If you tell them you'll wait until they finish with their call so you can have their full atention all you will get is full atitude. But, I digress...This is an adequate motel but possibly $10-$15 a night overpriced.

• Liked — Plenty of TV channels, high speed internet.
  • Disliked — Staff's atitude...
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Prescott, Arizona
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2007

Considering the shortage of motels in Okmulgee, this was a perfectly nice place for an overnight stay. The lobby is very attractive, the room rather small but adequate. The lighting, especially in the bathroom, is poor but the shower was excellent. The bed was strangely low to the floor but quite comfortable. We love the Evergreen filtered air system! If we ever have occasion to stay in Okmulgee again, we'll stay here.

• Liked — The Evergreen filtered air and water system
  • Disliked — the poor lighting in the room
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Dallas, TX
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2005

We stayed at this hotel for a group event that we attended. There is only 2 hotels in the town. I made my reservation 7 months in advance. When I called to set up the room, I was quoted a price and given a confirmation #. Then the girl at the front desk called me back and said that she made a mistake and the only room she had left was one with a jacuzzi and it would cost $99 a night, much more than my original quote. I agreed because there was no other option and I hoped it would be a nice room....NOT!!! When we arrived and went to our room, it was a non smoking room, which I had asked for, but next door and across the hall were smoking rooms. The room had an ionizer in it and at the time seemed not to smell like smoke, but when all the guests showed up that evening and started smoking, it was horrible. It was like we were smoking in the room. We put a damp towel under the door but it did no good. We smelled smoke all night long. Besides that, the room was dirty, mold was all around the tub and around the tile bathroom floor. I wore flip flops in the room and to take a shower. There was NO way in hell that I would ever have used that tub! When we went to bed and pulled back the covers, there were stains & hairs on the sheets. It was the most miserable night I have spent in a long time! The room was generally dirty and had sticky rings on the night stands where sodas or a drink had sat and never been wiped clean. So, no matter where you have to stay, sleep in your car but don't stay at this hotel. It sucks big time and is not cheap in price!!!!!!!

• Stayed September 2005
8 Thank jnsDallas_TX
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2005

I would not recommend this hotel if it was the only hotel left in 100 mile radius!

We stayed there for 4 days. On the day we arrived, the lady quoted us one price, but when we were checking out I was charged $30 more than what I was quoted. I believe this is highway robbery.

When we arrived into our room there was a bloody wash cloth on the back of the toilet, under the mat that goes on the floor. The room was nice. The facility was ok. It was rather loud on the first floor due to a bar.

If you want a clean, quiet, and honest hotel; this is not the hotel for you!!!!

• Stayed March 2005, traveled on business
12 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Okmulgee
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Okmulgee
Americas Best Value Inn
Americas Best Value Inn
#4 of 5 in Henryetta
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Glenpool-Tulsa South

Been to BEST WESTERN Okmulgee? Share your experiences!