“Third worst stay”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Okmulgee
Canterbury, Connecticut
“Third worst stay”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

On our trip across country, this was the third worst stay we had. The hotel smelled musky as soon as we walked in. The room wasn't any better. The front desk person was not very friendly or helpful. They had a sign for a restaurant but the clerk said that it's been closed for a couple of years now. They offered no breakfast of any kind. The pool was in very sad shape, I was afraid to even go in. Once again, I would never ever stay here again, as much as I like Best Western hotels, this was a let down and next time we would stay at another hotel chain.

Room Tip: There is no good room at this hotel, my suggestion, stay somewhere else. Should know there is some...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Ronak_Kothari_Aquila, Marketing Manager at Best Western Okmulgee, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Hello and Thank you for your review.

We want to first apologize to hear that you did not have a comfortable stay with us. Our Front desk is trained to offer and provide excellent customer service. We are currently reviewing what happened during check in, so we can avoid the same situation in the near future. At our hotel we do serve breakfast daily . However our hours are as follows:
Mon- Friday - 6-9.30am
Weekends - 6.30am-10am
Our rooms and property are cleaned on a daily basis to ensure guest satisfaction during their stay. We hope that you do come see us in the near future.

Thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
San Diego
Reviewed July 11, 2013

My family stayed in the Best Western due to the loss of my father. I've stayed in a lot of hotels due to business, etc. over the years, and this was hands down the best experience I've ever had. Raj and the rest of the staff were extraordinarily patient, accommodating and thoughtful. In addition, the hotel was extremely clean, the breakfast was more than just a continental breakfast. As a non-smoker, my biggest concern was the smell cigarettes from the nearby rooms. That fear was quickly resolved as I smelled nothing (unless the smoker's door was open) - the ventilation was excellent.

I would highly recommend this hotel in you are ever in the area.

Room Tip: Any room is good.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank CR S
Houston, Texas, USA
Reviewed July 10, 2013

As is typically the case, we had a death in the family that was sudden, requiring many relatives to travel back to Oklahoma. Having to make quick reservations and travel plans can be challenging. The last thing one wants is to have a terrible hotel experience during an occasion such as a funeral.

With this in mind, I headed online to do my research to find accommodations in the thriving metropolis called "Okmulgee," (population 12, 283!). It did not take long to boil my choices down to Holiday Inn and Best Western. There are several local hotels, but they did not get good reviews, causing me to strike them from the list with haste.

After several phone calls to Holiday Inn and Best Western, I was won over to Best Western because of an excellent price, friendly and helpful service over the phone, and free internet access (which was fast!). I ended up making several phone calls, and asking several questions each time, because I did not want to run into any of the problems that I had read about at other hotels (lost reservations, rates being higher than quoted over the phone, etc, etc.). I made the right choice with Best Western, and it was the friendly, courteous, and professional customer service of Ms. Raj that made all the difference.

Upon my arrival, I unexpectedly stumbled into several family members that had also chosen Best Western They were there for the funeral as well. After introducing me to their travel companions, and family members that I had not met, in the midst of all the intro's, they took the time to introduce me to Ms. Raj.

They went on an on about how awesome she had been treating them, and they could not say enough pleasant things about her. By the time my stay was over, I saw what they meant.

Ms. Raj went totally above and beyond the call of duty. So much so, that I went out of my way to find out how to go about giving her a favorable recommendation to her corporate office. The service she provided was outstanding, and she even went out of the way to do things that were beyond my expectations.

Might I also add that just like the airlines do, Best Western offers a "Bereavement Rate." If you book your room directly through them (and not a middleman), you can qualify for the discounted Bereavement Rate.

For those of you concerned about security and safety, no worries at this Best Western. I found myself in a circumstance where I had to leave some things unattended, and quickly head to the funeral. Ms. Raj assured me that she would communicate with the staff and make sure that my items were safe until I returned. She kept her word flawlessly.

My family members and I had a worry free stay, and were provided with world class service by Ms. Raj. I HIGHLY recommend this Best Western. As a result of the funeral, many family members have vowed to do a better job of staying in touch. I definitely will be using this Best Western on my return visits.

By the way, their breakfast is outstanding as well! Scrambled eggs, link sausage, pancakes, toast, juice, milk, and all of this is all you can eat!

As for internet access, you can do wifi or network cable. They were thoughtful enough to provide a ready-to-plug network cable, and you can be off and running in about 15 seconds. It was blazingly fast.

They also provide an iron and ironing board, microwave, and coffee maker. They may have had mini-fridge, but I was there for only one day, so I had no need of it. But if you are planning to be there for several days, ask for Ms. Raj, and I know she will be happy to answer your questions.

One last things: the rooms were neat, the bed was huge, and there was nothing that made me feel uncomfortable at all (i.e. I was not afraid of getting "cooties" from laying on the sheets. All in all, the place was quaint, simple, and clean. Nothing fancy, but definitely a place where you feel safe and comfortable, and you can sleep well.

Hope This Helps.

PS- I am writing this review Wed 7-10-2013; I stayed there yesterday, Tue 7-9-2013.

Room Tip: If you are traveling with a lot of items in your vehicle, and you want to keep an eye on it from you...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Crowley, TX
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Stayed one night last week with my daughter and two grandchildren. I had booked online using my Rewards and somehow the date got switched in the system to the wrong night ..so when I arrived we didn't have a reservation. (The girl at the front desk was uncaring and fairly rude about it -- until she realized that I am a Platinum Elite member). I asked her if they had anymore rooms and she threw out the fact that someone had just cancelled and mentioned a couple of more choices (a suite and one smoking room)... but she acted like she didn't care if we took one or not. We had been traveling for quite awhile and the kids were tired, so I took the room that was just cancelled -- but she refused to give it to me at a AAA rate. I ended up paying a lot more than the room was worth. The hotel manager has since refused to help with restoring the rewards points for the mixed-up reservation and Best Western Rewards maintain that it has to come from the hotel...(which I received a total run-around between the two on who could do what and after 3 calls still didn't get anywhere with it). For the room itself, the cons: stool had dust all over the back of it and there was a stain on the bathroom floor of some kind. We had two room keys and one did not work. The grand kids could not swim when we arrived because the pool was closed --they had just put chemicals in it. She didn't mention that until after I had already paid for the room and she overheard me tell the grandkids to go get their swimsuits on. They did get up early to swim about 30 minutes the next morning before we had to leave, but couldn't get back in the building because again their key didn't work. The a/c was pretty loud kicking on/off during the night. The room (beds and pillows were okay - not the best, but not the worst) and the room appeared mostly clean otherwise. Fairly quiet, considering there was a festival of some kind going on in town with an outdoor concert nearby that you could hear when outside. I didn't eat the breakfast, but my daughter said it was a made to order (not a buffet style). She said it was okay, but there were a lot of people waiting when I went down. From a personal standpoint with the rudeness, etc. - I won't be back. Given the close proximity to Tulsa/'Broken Arrow area where there are some good choices (about 40 minutes or so...) next time I will keep on driving.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Ronak_Kothari_Aquila, Marketing Manager at Best Western Okmulgee, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Thank you for your review. We apologize that you had a less than par stay . At our Hotel, we pride ourselves in customer service and ensure that all our guests are satisfied during their stay . Our staff is trained to offer the best service possible at all times. We understand your troubles that you had during your stay and the problems are getting looked into and getting dealt with so we can ensure that these issues do not arise again. Our pool will be temporarily closed for the summer time until further notice. We sure would like to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future.
Maud, Texas
Reviewed June 23, 2013

We have stayed in this hotel on a couple of occasions and each time the rooms have been clean and comfortable. The staff is always friendly and helpful. If I have to be in the area and need a hotel, I will be staying with Best Western of Okmulgee. Thank you for making our stay comfortable.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your awesome review! We are glad that you had a comfortable stay at our Hotel and we look forward to seeing you in the near future!
Mustang, Oklahoma
Reviewed June 17, 2013

The hotel was clean overall. I loved the air purifier in the room. The beds are comfortable. The staff is great!!
The breakfast was great too! The area is kept clean by the morning staff.
I will definitely be staying here again!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for the great review and we are glad that you had a more than comfortable stay at our Hotel. Please visit us in the near future and safe travels!
Amarillo, Texas
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Hotel itself was fine......................... just a heads up that if you are already receiving a corporate discount the manager refuses to give you your best western rewards points. I stay in a hotel 3 times a week and this is the first time I have had this happen.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Okmulgee
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Okmulgee
Americas Best Value Inn
Americas Best Value Inn
#5 of 5 in Henryetta
Best Western Glenpool/Tulsa

Been to Best Western Okmulgee? Share your experiences!