“Home Away From Home”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Okmulgee
Chicago
“Home Away From Home”
Reviewed August 16, 2011

To Whom It May Concern, (excerpt from best western rewards survey)

I have stayed at this hotel many times and the staff has always made me feel welcome. There have been several instances when they have gone out of there way to help me. For example: Opening the computer room at 4am, for me to print my boarding pass and offering me something to eat, before leaving, extending my stay during the busy season, even when they are all booked up, as well as allowing me to keep the same room, giving me assurance that all will be ok, when I looked stressed and finally and most off all making me feel like family and not just another patron. It really is my home away from home when I am in town, regardless of the price, it has always been a pleasure and well worth the stay.

Sincerely, Miss. Williams :)

Room Tip: In the summer, room #103 has the cutest little tree with blooms, outside the window. Close to Okmulg...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Okmulgee, Oklahoma
Reviewed November 11, 2010

The hotel has been updated it is quite comfortable. Rooms are updated modern. Staff is very accomodating for those requiring meeting room facilities. Would defintely recommend that anyone check out this hotel if staying in the area. Great meeting room facilities.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Tulsa, OK
Reviewed August 12, 2010

Nice and quiet place to stay. The staff was friendly and prompt when checking in and when we needed help with our air the young lady there was very quick in answering the phone and coming up to check. The beds are nice and fluffy and the air and water filtration helps a great deal. I do wish the restaurant had still been open, but once again the staff person behind the desk was helpful in directing us to a nice place. Both my girlfriend and I were happy with our stay here.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Springfield, Missouri
Reviewed July 24, 2010

I stayed at this hotel on a recent vacation and found the staff to be very polite and helpful. The A/C was on in the room when I got to it which was a major plus, it is so uncomfortable when you check into a hotel and get to your room in the summer and the staff has turned off the A/C to save on cooling cost. I would recommend this hotel to anyone staffing in the area, it was a very nice establishment with clean, comfortable, rooms and a very polite staff with a reasonable rate.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo
jonesboro
Reviewed January 28, 2010

I stayed here after leaving the Henryetta Inn in Henryetta( I checked out as soon as I saw the room) because it was the biggest dump I had ever seen. So compared to the Henryetta Inn it was a big step up. The halls were a little musky and smelly due to the smokers. The staff was friendly and the breakfast bar was decent. There is not much of a choice around here and this will probably your best choice although I wouldn't expect much.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
Huntsville, Al
Reviewed June 25, 2009

It was a very busy time for the hotel but they were very nice in finding us last minute rooms for 3 days. Would recommend this hotel for othes when in Okmulgee. Great visit as all have been for the last 8 years. Our little dog even seems to remember from year to year our visits and is very calm while moving about the facility. Thanks for being so kind.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Pontiac, MO
Reviewed February 2, 2009

Originally booked a queen double, then upon arrival, changed it to a king jacuzzi suite. What a mistake! Tried the jacuzzi the first night and the on/off switch would not work. Got out of tub, called the front desk, they said the tub switch did not work, there was an on/off switch on the bathroom wall. Could not find on/off switch and finally decided it was the GFCI switch over the vanity--clear across the room from the tub--how convenient! Pushed the GFCI switch about 10 times, nothing. Drained the tub and went to sleep. Next day, had difficulty with the door lock. The housekeeper also had difficulty. Said she would check on it. Returned to hotel to find they had moved all of our belongings to another room, also a jacuzzi suite. The door lock in the first rofom was broken. First thing we noticed was water all over the bathroom floor which was a continuing problem the remainder of our stay there. We notified the desk--they gave us old towels to wipe it up and said they would check on it. The "free" breakfast was pitiful. Twice, I spoke to the desk, telling them I was not happy with the experience, and believed the room should be discounted. No response. On checkout, the housekeeper (who checked us out) said she would tell management, who would contact us. Doubt that I will hear from them again--they have my money now. Also, doubt that I will ever stay in a Best Western hotel again! I understand a Holiday Inn Express is being built in Okmulgee, and that is where I will stay on future visits!

• Liked — Nothing!
  • Disliked — Too many problems with the room.
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Okmulgee
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Okmulgee
Americas Best Value Inn
Americas Best Value Inn
#5 of 5 in Henryetta
Best Western Glenpool/Tulsa

Been to Best Western Okmulgee? Share your experiences!