“Amazing place!!!”

Ranked #34 of 147 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Amazing place!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2014

As I say, Oklahoma is my state of always issues. I thought this trip was going to be no different, but I was wrong. The hotel staff has gone above and beyond to accommodate me and blow my expectations out of the park. From the first day of giving me a complimentary upgrade to an amazing, to answering all of my questions, completing printing for me and giving me coffee travel mugs... they accommodated a client meeting that was spur of the moment, and even sent the Maintenance man to get an HDMI cable for the meeting. It has truly been an amazing and eye opening experience. I have 3 more trips to OKC and will DEFINITELY stay here again. GREAT JOB! I love this hotel! The staff makes it amazing.

Room Tip: I like rooms by the front building.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Cyndi L, Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Oklahoma City, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay with us. We certainly enjoyed having you and look forward to welcoming you back.

Residence Inn OKC West

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Chanute, Kansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2014

I traveled here for a cheer competition with husband and daughter.was looking for a good priced but clean hotel.I didn't know the layout out was like mini condos.you walk out side into your room with living Room and kitchen.very neat idea.you have sliding doors to a little patio .and rooms are clean.the only problem I had was the bed was a little harder than what I like. (I like soft).there is a fire pit with chairs to sit around and enjoy! Breakfast was good they change it up so not same everyday.fruit was very fresh and tasted like it should.overall if I need to stay in that area I would definitely stay here again.I feel im pretty picky on hotels.this was a good one!

• Stayed January 2014
Cyndi L, Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Oklahoma City, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Dear Jeanie,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the Residence Inn Oklahoma City West. It is always a pleasure to share with our staff that their great service does not go unnoticed.

We look forward to serving you in the future.

Cyndi.Lundy@Marriott.com
(405)942-4500
Gilberts, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2014

My business always has me visiting OKC at least twice a year and I've stayed at many properties and hotels. This Residence Inn is pretty nice. Accommodations are pretty good with a clean and sufficient kitchen. The room overall was clean and the free breakfast and evening meals were also pretty good. Did I mention free beer!! The staff was fantastic!! Miss Gerry Parker greeted me with a smile and wonderful attitude. She made me feel at home. Ask her where to go to eat, drink or see Oklahoma and she'll get you there. I had a shower head that was broken but the maintenance crew took care of it before I returned home from work. Fantastic place to stay close to restaurants, bars/clubs and expressway to get you to Bricktown in about 10 minutes. Will look to stay again on my next trip. Thanks for making this my home away from home.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Cyndi L, Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Oklahoma City, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Dear George:

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Residence Inn Oklahoma City West. We value your feedback.

It was indeed a pleasure having you at our Hotel. Myself and all of the staff enjoyed our conversations with you and look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Oklahoma City.
Concord, New Hampshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2014

We have traveled on business to OKC numerous times for federal training and have found this hotel to be clean and comfortable. Like most of OKC the neighboorhood is somewhat warehouse industrial. The breakfast and evening happy hour food is not fancy but fine if you prefer not to go to the many surrounding restaurants.

Room Tip: I reccommend the second floor rooms or the multi-room suites.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear NHTraveller292:

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Residence Inn Oklahoma City West. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your visit to our property.

We appreciate you recognizing our Great Staff. We take pride on providing our guests with friendly service and it is always nice to hear of our successes.

We look forward to welcoming you back on future visits to Oklahoma City.

Marriott Residence Inn Oklahoma City West
(405)942-4500
Rio Rancho, NM
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2013

My wife and I were in Oklahoma City for a model railroad show at the Fairgrounds. We had a wonderful stay at the Residence Inn just a few miles to the west on Reno Avenue. This location has very nice accommodations which are large and have kitchens. Very comfortable and you almost feel like you are home. Our stay was 3 nights and we will be back. Great breakfast in the morning as well.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Paul S, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Oklahoma City, responded to this review, December 21, 2013
Dear drgw489,
I was so happy to see that you enjoyed your experience at our Residence Inn! We had several guests in for the Model Railroad show and I heard it was a success. Our proximity, within a mile of the Fairgrounds, works out great for that and the many other events hosted at that Fairgrounds and I'm glad it worked out well for you. We have a special property here and the "homelike" feel is described by many of our guests. It's great that you enjoyed our breakfast as well. I'll pass along your feedback to Martha in the kitchen; it will make her morning. Thank you very much for choosing the Residence Inn Oklahoma City West.
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2013

I travel a lot for business and stay in Residence Inns so I don't have to eat at restaurants to much so I am used to the layouts, offerrings, etc.. Marriott tends to use the same furnishings in a lot of Residence Inn. If you are familiar with Residence Inns, you know the rooms are a good size for a hotel. They have a refrigerator which always works fine, a mircrowave and a stove. The bed and linens are always fine and the bathroom is okay although always a little dark. The furnishings are middle of the line.

This Residence Inn is above what I usually see. First the lobby was more updated. The studio we had included an oven and a little pantry. The tub was a little bit deeper (ie a normal size tub) than other Residence Inns. In addition, there was a coat closet in addition to the regular closet. The Residence Inns I typically see are self contained units with hallways. This had separate buildings which was nice when bringing in groceries, etc.. You didn't have to walk forever down the hallway carrying your groceries. One thing to note, though, is that there are no elevators if you are on the 2nd floor.

The laundry area was larger, cleaner and brighter than what I usually fine. In addition, the complimentary breakfasts and dinners were also slightly better. The food was fresher and of a higher quality. This facility also had a fitness center but we did not have the time to try it. There was also an outdoor pool but it was closed being November and temperatures below 40 degrees.

This Residence Inn is not next to the tourist or business area but is very close to a major freeway. In addition, there is a Walmart and restaurants very close by.

There was a few drawbacks. First, we asked for extra towels every day. That did not happen on our 5 night stay so we were constantly going to the front desk for more towels. In addition, Wi-Fi was free but it was very slow. We were in a unit in the back of the facilities so we though that may be why. We then tried to use Wi-Fi from the lounge area and although stronger it was still slow. Residence Inns do not tend to buy the highest quality dishwashers and this one had the hinge for the soap broken. I normally find problems with the dishwashers so this was par for a Residence Inn.

Overall, I like the quality and convenience I get from Residence Inns so I would stay at one again. In particular I would choose this one. It was just what we needed for our 5 night stay.

Room Tip: Be aware there are no elevators so if that is an issue, ask for a first floor room.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 127_Hill_Country
Paul S, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Oklahoma City, responded to this review, December 7, 2013
Dear 127_Hill_Country,
Thank you for writing a review for us! Looking at your profile it seems that you are an experienced review writer and it showed. I think you hit all the major points about our hotel and I'm very glad you had such a positive experience. Hopefully your review will help inform others who are coming to Oklahoma City where they should stay. (with us!) Please come back and see us again soon!
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2013

Jeff Roche very helpful.
Very good location to stay. Staff were great to meet and very helpful. Used the breakfast and evening meals. Good quality. Transport to and from airport was quick and timely. No waiting.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank William G
Dear William G,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and thank you for singling Jeff out. Jeff is an important member of our team and, as a maintenance worker, is often overlooked in guest surveys. Your feedback about him gave me an extra nice excuse to recognize him in front of the entire staff.
I'm truly happy that you enjoyed your experience here and hope you can come back again sometime soon.