“Great Stay in OKC”

Ranked #43 of 149 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Rio Rancho, NM
“Great Stay in OKC”
Reviewed December 13, 2013

My wife and I were in Oklahoma City for a model railroad show at the Fairgrounds. We had a wonderful stay at the Residence Inn just a few miles to the west on Reno Avenue. This location has very nice accommodations which are large and have kitchens. Very comfortable and you almost feel like you are home. Our stay was 3 nights and we will be back. Great breakfast in the morning as well.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Paul S, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Oklahoma City, responded to this review, December 21, 2013
Dear drgw489,
I was so happy to see that you enjoyed your experience at our Residence Inn! We had several guests in for the Model Railroad show and I heard it was a success. Our proximity, within a mile of the Fairgrounds, works out great for that and the many other events hosted at that Fairgrounds and I'm glad it worked out well for you. We have a special property here and the "homelike" feel is described by many of our guests. It's great that you enjoyed our breakfast as well. I'll pass along your feedback to Martha in the kitchen; it will make her morning. Thank you very much for choosing the Residence Inn Oklahoma City West.
405-942-4500

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Austin, Texas
Reviewed November 16, 2013

I travel a lot for business and stay in Residence Inns so I don't have to eat at restaurants to much so I am used to the layouts, offerrings, etc.. Marriott tends to use the same furnishings in a lot of Residence Inn. If you are familiar with Residence Inns, you know the rooms are a good size for a hotel. They have a refrigerator which always works fine, a mircrowave and a stove. The bed and linens are always fine and the bathroom is okay although always a little dark. The furnishings are middle of the line.

This Residence Inn is above what I usually see. First the lobby was more updated. The studio we had included an oven and a little pantry. The tub was a little bit deeper (ie a normal size tub) than other Residence Inns. In addition, there was a coat closet in addition to the regular closet. The Residence Inns I typically see are self contained units with hallways. This had separate buildings which was nice when bringing in groceries, etc.. You didn't have to walk forever down the hallway carrying your groceries. One thing to note, though, is that there are no elevators if you are on the 2nd floor.

The laundry area was larger, cleaner and brighter than what I usually fine. In addition, the complimentary breakfasts and dinners were also slightly better. The food was fresher and of a higher quality. This facility also had a fitness center but we did not have the time to try it. There was also an outdoor pool but it was closed being November and temperatures below 40 degrees.

This Residence Inn is not next to the tourist or business area but is very close to a major freeway. In addition, there is a Walmart and restaurants very close by.

There was a few drawbacks. First, we asked for extra towels every day. That did not happen on our 5 night stay so we were constantly going to the front desk for more towels. In addition, Wi-Fi was free but it was very slow. We were in a unit in the back of the facilities so we though that may be why. We then tried to use Wi-Fi from the lounge area and although stronger it was still slow. Residence Inns do not tend to buy the highest quality dishwashers and this one had the hinge for the soap broken. I normally find problems with the dishwashers so this was par for a Residence Inn.

Overall, I like the quality and convenience I get from Residence Inns so I would stay at one again. In particular I would choose this one. It was just what we needed for our 5 night stay.

Room Tip: Be aware there are no elevators so if that is an issue, ask for a first floor room.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 127_Hill_Country
Paul S, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Oklahoma City, responded to this review, December 7, 2013
Dear 127_Hill_Country,
Thank you for writing a review for us! Looking at your profile it seems that you are an experienced review writer and it showed. I think you hit all the major points about our hotel and I'm very glad you had such a positive experience. Hopefully your review will help inform others who are coming to Oklahoma City where they should stay. (with us!) Please come back and see us again soon!
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed November 15, 2013

Jeff Roche very helpful.
Very good location to stay. Staff were great to meet and very helpful. Used the breakfast and evening meals. Good quality. Transport to and from airport was quick and timely. No waiting.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank William G
Dear William G,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and thank you for singling Jeff out. Jeff is an important member of our team and, as a maintenance worker, is often overlooked in guest surveys. Your feedback about him gave me an extra nice excuse to recognize him in front of the entire staff.
I'm truly happy that you enjoyed your experience here and hope you can come back again sometime soon.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed October 23, 2013

I only stayed for a night so I cannot comment on extended stays. Still, if I needed to stay for a prolonged period of time, I could do that here. Room was a nice size, with a kitchen, and very clean. The bathroom was very large and clean and I have no complaints about the room or service. The breakfast was actually pretty good and had a solid selection of food, really helps add to the attraction of this hotel. I have read how people like the hotel for its proximity to the State Fair or the FAA complex, however if you are going downtown as we were, it is about 5 miles. It is not a difficult trip to make, however you go through some ugly/run down areas if you take Reno Ave. or you have to hop on the interstate. I would consider this a good place to stay on a budget, but if the hotels downtown are reasonably priced I would probably look there next time. In summary, good experience here and probably the place to stay for numerous reasons, just may prefer another location if I want to be downtown a lot.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jeffv216
Paul S, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Oklahoma City, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Dear Jeffy216,
Thank you for writing a review of our hotel. I have shared your comments with the staff and you made their morning! The housekeeping department does do a great job and you are right about this hotel being an excellent option for extended stays. Martha, in the kitchen, appreciated your noticing the extra effort she's been making to vary the menu; we've added eight new meal options each month (Monday through Thursday) to increase the variety of meals especially for our long term guests. The entire staff here is dedicated to improving every guest's experience to make this Residence Inn the one that everyone wants to come back to visit. We'll hope to see you again soon!
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed October 10, 2013

I have had the pleasure to stay at this hotel for two weeks.
1. Staff is always trying to help in any way they can.
2. location is located so you have access to major roads, but not a congested area.
3. Manager's will go the extra mile to see if you needs are taken care of.
Note: I stay seven months out of year in hotels and I think this is one of best.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Paul S, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Oklahoma City, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Dear Roger,
It was great having you as a guest. I enjoyed meeting you and our coversations over breakfast. Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I hope that the next time you come to Oklahoma you will come back and visit with us again.
Yukon, Oklahoma
Reviewed October 8, 2013

The best stay experience I have ever had. Everyone one was helpful, kind and always greeted you with a smile. The rooms were clean, homey and spacious. They did not have dust bunnies either (cause I checked :) If you are going to be on an extended stay or just staying for a few days, this hotel is the place to be. They have everything you need and many things you would not even realize you miss from home like, an outdoor firepit and bbq grill and walking trail. The breakfast and dinner were such an appreciated conveinence. Many restaurants and some attractions are within walking distance. And only 4 minutes from a mall and minutes from bricktown! Stay here and I promise you will hate to leave.

Room Tip: The penthouses with two rooms are upstairs so that is something to take into consideration if you ha...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Paul S, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Oklahoma City, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Dear Divareneeyes,
Thank you for the review! Wow, that's the kind of feedback we like to get! It was a pleasure having you at the hotel and I'm so glad your experience measured up to your expectations. I'm very proud of the people I have working; the place is looking good and the staff are doing a fantastic job. Thanks again for your kind words.
San Diego, California
Reviewed October 3, 2013

This Residence inn honors long term stay rates. Free breakfast, comfortable beds and rooms, full kitchens, M-th reception with free food Mon-thurs. Everyone was friendly and I will definitely be staying here again. We had a downpour and although Reno ave. flooded a bit, the room did not. They even helped me get my wii hooked up to the tv that is standard hotel-locked. Very accommodating. Close to restaurants and the FAA academy. Too bad the government shutdown cut my visit short.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Paul S, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Oklahoma City, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Dear Noonietunes,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I share all the feedback with the staff and your comments will result in some smiles. The property is ideal for long term guests; the way it's laid out makes it feel more like a home than a hotel and our goal is to treat everyone in that same manner. I'm glad you had a great experience and hope you can come back again sometime soon.