I travel a lot for business and stay in Residence Inns so I don't have to eat at restaurants to much so I am used to the layouts, offerrings, etc.. Marriott tends to use the same furnishings in a lot of Residence Inn. If you are familiar with Residence Inns, you know the rooms are a good size for a hotel. They have a refrigerator which always works fine, a mircrowave and a stove. The bed and linens are always fine and the bathroom is okay although always a little dark. The furnishings are middle of the line.
This Residence Inn is above what I usually see. First the lobby was more updated. The studio we had included an oven and a little pantry. The tub was a little bit deeper (ie a normal size tub) than other Residence Inns. In addition, there was a coat closet in addition to the regular closet. The Residence Inns I typically see are self contained units with hallways. This had separate buildings which was nice when bringing in groceries, etc.. You didn't have to walk forever down the hallway carrying your groceries. One thing to note, though, is that there are no elevators if you are on the 2nd floor.
The laundry area was larger, cleaner and brighter than what I usually fine. In addition, the complimentary breakfasts and dinners were also slightly better. The food was fresher and of a higher quality. This facility also had a fitness center but we did not have the time to try it. There was also an outdoor pool but it was closed being November and temperatures below 40 degrees.
This Residence Inn is not next to the tourist or business area but is very close to a major freeway. In addition, there is a Walmart and restaurants very close by.
There was a few drawbacks. First, we asked for extra towels every day. That did not happen on our 5 night stay so we were constantly going to the front desk for more towels. In addition, Wi-Fi was free but it was very slow. We were in a unit in the back of the facilities so we though that may be why. We then tried to use Wi-Fi from the lounge area and although stronger it was still slow. Residence Inns do not tend to buy the highest quality dishwashers and this one had the hinge for the soap broken. I normally find problems with the dishwashers so this was par for a Residence Inn.
Overall, I like the quality and convenience I get from Residence Inns so I would stay at one again. In particular I would choose this one. It was just what we needed for our 5 night stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Apartment-like setting with hotel services, Residence Inn is convenient to I-40, I-35, and I-44, as well as the Kilpatrick Turnpike. The hotel is conveniently located near Will Rogers World Airport, The Oklahoma Outlett Shoppes, and the closest hotel to both Whitewater Bay Waterpark and the State Fair Park; shuttle is provided to all these destinations. We are also just 6 miles west of downtown OKC. Spacious suites offer private sleeping rooms, with full-size fully equipped kitchen, including refridgerator, 4-top range, oven, microwave, family-size dishwasher, coffee-maker and more!Start your day with a complimentary hot breakfast and join us at our evening socials. The 24/7 fitness center offers aerobic machines and free weights and is open year round. The large swmimming pool and sun deck is a big summer hit! We work hard to cover the details to make sure your stay is comfortable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HRS so you can book your Sonesta ES Suites Oklahoma City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Oklahoma City West Hotel Oklahoma City
- Oklahoma City Residence Inn