See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed December 26, 2018

We have attempted to set a time to meet with this hotel on multiple occasions. We can never reach the Director of Sales as her voice mail is now full. We have sent e-mails and have even left messages on Patrick, the general managers voice mail with no response. We are saddened at these turn of events as we are planning a large scale event and they seem to have no desire to engage in the bid process. As a person that has a livelihood in customer service and hospitality, my number one requirement to all is to always keep in contact with the customer. What a blight on the OKC hospitality industry.

Room tip: Go to another hotel
Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank randalz2016
Reviewed August 31, 2018

Everything was lovely once we found the hotel. The building doesn't have a sign on it. They're remodeling and transitioning from a previous franchise. But the room was fabulous. Very nice facility. Will be great when the remodeling is complete. In the meantime, it's a first-class place to stay at a bargain price.

Room tip: 6th floor was great
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank 334chuckw
Reviewed April 29, 2018

I did an unwise thing the night before we were meant to arrive at the hotel: I read reviews. Had I not done that, I might have spared myself the anxiety I felt at reading about black mold, discolored and questionable water, no heating or air in the rooms, broken elevators, and a general state of disrepair and decay, to say nothing of the complete lack of amenities.
After arriving in the city, and touring a couple of tourist locations in the arts district, we went to check in.
I was not optimistic about our stay, and was grateful it would be short, considering what I'd read. My first impressions of the Tower Hotel was that it was a basic beige behemoth, with stubs from where they hung the sign high up on the building sticking out like a five o'clock shadow. We went around the side of the building and entered the lobby (the revolving door was indeed broken as it had been reported). The lobby is probably the nicest part of the entire building, which on one level is to be expected and on another is depressing.
Checking in wasn't a problem - the desk attendant that served us had no issues and we got sorted in short order. We then went around the corner to the (thankfully) functional elevators.
I'm not entirely sure if we just lucked out and got a good room or if they were all of the same standard as ours was. The cynic in me says the former is the more logical assumption to make, although there were renovations underway - I didn't see any work actually being done, but the construction noise did wake me up fortuitously early.
In any case, we carefully went through our room, trying to see if there was anything amiss - black mold was at the top of the list, and if there was any, it was doing a damn good job hiding itself from us. There didn't appear to be any water damage to the walls or ceiling. We turned on the air conditioning and while it was a bit slow to cool the room down, after a couple hours it was quite pleasant. We ran the taps - we had hot and cold running water, and it had neither discoloration or unpleasant odor. Our toilet was functional, our shower was as well. The view out of the window was not exactly delightful, as it overlooked the rather aged looking parking lot, but since we were touring the city and its attractions, it made little difference to either of us.
If you're still with me, don't be deceived:
Both pools, inside and out, are closed until further notice.
All the dining facilities in the building are likewise closed and shuttered. (We didn't much care, since we had all of OKC to dine in, and there was an acceptable 24-hour diner literally next door to the hotel itself)
To my knowledge, there is no free breakfast offered to guests staying at the hotel.
HOWEVER
For the price we paid, it was a roof over our head with a decently comfortable bed and hot water. And for the price we paid, that seems a fair exchange.
It could be a lot better. In fact, I can't imagine why another chain would want to buy this huge, neglected property and renovate it when it would be more efficient to simply buy out a crap motel (of which there are plenty), knock it all down and then build a brand new addition to the chain.
It could be better. It isn't. Yet. But it could have been much worse, and yet it wasn't. So I give it an average rating.
Here's hoping things improve for the Tower Hotel.

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 12, 2018 via mobile

Well this place is a train wreck. The first room had no heat or AC. The second, third and forth rooms had no water, the fifth room had water but it was brown. The staff was trying but nothing was working, breakfast was awful, no bacon only over cooked sausages, pool is closed as well as all the restaurants. Tried to check out but the computer was frozen.

Date of stay: March 2018
Carlita J, Front Office Manager at Tower Hotel Oklahoma City, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2018

Thank you for review. We are truly sorry for your stay. Not a good experience for you at all.

Carlita Jefferson
Guest Service Manager

Reviewed March 11, 2018 via mobile

I’m rating this hotel based on the effort of the staff. The hotel condition is beyond their control and beyond the owners ability to invest in fixing the issues. The staff here are dealing with the guests complaints, which are numerous, as courteously as possible. I appreciate the effort. If an investor acquires this property and puts the time and money into a long needed renovation, I’ll be happy to book another stay.

5 stars for registration
0 stars for housekeeping
0 stars for management

Sell it soon

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Thank you for your comments. We are truly sorry for your experience at your hotel. We really appreciate you staying with us.

Carlita Jefferson