“Great Value, Excellent Staff”

Howard Johnson Inn - Oklahoma City
Ranked #22 of 149 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Great Value, Excellent Staff”
Reviewed January 26, 2011

I stayed here on my way from Pittsburgh to San Diego, wanting to get west of downtown OKC to make my morning departure a bit easier and avoid rush-hour traffic. When the desk clerk told me the room would be $55 dollars I thought, "Oh no...must be pretty bad!" but I couldn't have been more wrong. My room was very clean and very comfortable. I slept so well, I would have missed rush-hour anyway!
In the morning I had to get something out of my car and when I returned to my room I realized that my key wouldn't work. The battery in the electronic lock had died. The man at the front desk that morning couldn't have been kinder. He quickly ran to my room and took care of the problem. He kept telling me, "You are our guest! You are our guest!" when I thanked him. It was obvious that he cares about his clients. I hope if the manger reads this, or if this man was the manager himself, he will take this compliment to heart. I would stay here again for sure. I couldn't believe the value, a great place to stay. It was the least expensive place on my trip and one of the best. Thank you Howard J of OKC!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed January 26, 2011

I was so happy with the overall reservations experience. I called and asked lots of questions and was told exactly how to reserve online and to get adjoining rooms. Then I was told to call back in a half hour after I submitted the reservation and I could be assigned rooms to make sure I would get the adjoining rooms. No other hotel in the area that I checked into would assure me adjoining rooms. The hotel staff was friendly, the rooms clean . My family would stay here again

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
i0503, Owner at Howard Johnson Inn - Oklahoma City, responded to this review, March 31, 2011
Thank you so much for your kind words. I am very pleased that my staff could assist you and will be sharing your compliments with them. We look forward to seeing you the next time you come through OKC!
Forsyth, Missouri
Reviewed January 21, 2011

Right off I-40. Very convenient. A very nice, clean room and the bed was so comfortable. Complementary breakfast was very good, too. We would definitely recommend this place.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed December 30, 2010

I was traveling from Phoenix to Nashville and I stayed in your Oklahoma City hotel. I have to say I am very pleased with my stay, the room was clean, the bed was soft and the price was reasonable. The added breakfast was a welcome surprise, I was prepared to stop at the Cracker Barrell next door but your breakfast was every bit as good and I did not have to wait for anything. I do not like that you did not have an elevator and I stayed on the second floor but that was only a minor inconvenience. Thanks HOJO, I stayed in a Days Inn the night before and I got what I paid for but with your hotel I get a lot more comfort for a little more.
Also, let me not forget the staff was curtious and friendly. Be sure to stay for the breakfast, saugage-eggs-biscuits-waffles can't beat it for included with the room.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank Professor2cool
i0503, Owner at Howard Johnson Inn - Oklahoma City, responded to this review, January 6, 2011
Of everything you said, I am most pleased to hear that our staff did their job. I will certainly share your compliments with them and tell them to keep up the good work! We are also very glad to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast, we try very hard to make sure it is above the expectations of a normal hotel's "hot breakfast." We are constantly looking for ways to improve so your suggestions about the elevator will be taken into account. It is something that we have discussed before and as of this time we dont' have plans to install one in the near future. However, you never know! Thank you again for your compliments, we wish you the best and hope to see you on your next trip through OKC.
Boulder, CO
Reviewed December 16, 2010

I stayed here to break up a cross-country trip. Room was spacious, comfortable, quiet, and clean. Close to I-40. Not much else to ask for. $10 per night for a pet.

Rate included free breakfast as well.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank RoadWarrior41
Thank you for your kind review, we hope that your trip went well and during your next cross country venture you will give us another visit!
Jekyll Island, Georgia
Reviewed August 26, 2010

We chose this hotel because we planned a stop in OKC as we were moving cross-country with our dog and cat. For the price it really is unbeatable. Clean and friendly, they have a pool and free wifi! The sliding glass door to the outside was difficult to open, but made unloading our car very easy! We just parked outside our roomand opened the glass door instead of going around with all of our luggage. The interior door was a little narrow and would be impossible to navigate with a wheelchair, but that is my only complaint. Breakfast was fine, though I'd take my own travel mug for coffee next time-their styrofoam cups are tiny. Very convenient to whitewater but other areas of OKC are a bit of a drive. I agree that this isn't the place to stay if you're planning to spend time downtown, but if you need a quick overnight stop-this is certainly the one I would choose.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank uusarahmcg
i0503, Owner at Howard Johnson Inn - Oklahoma City, responded to this review, November 30, 2010
We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. We did get a lot of business from Whitewater Bay package and are glad to hear that you were able to take advantage of that. We are always looking for way to improve so we hope your next stay will earn a perfect score! Thank you again for taking the time to give us a positive review, have a great day!
Kansas
Reviewed June 15, 2010

Overall this motel is a nice place to stay. The staff is very friendly and helpful. We did a package deal to the Water Park and it seem to be a good rate. We have 4 children, two teens and one 10 yr. old and 2 month old and then myself and my husband. We came out for a one night stay and 5 water park tickets for the total cost of 167.88 that is with tax. So for the money and entertainment it was worth it. The free breakfest was scramble eggs, hasbrowns, biscuit & eggs and cerial. The rooms were clean and beds were comfortable.
The only thing I noticed about this motel the door ways are very small, if you try to get a infant car seat in by turning it sideways it will not work. The doorways are not wide enough. The bathrooms are small as well, but clean. Also throughout the motel there is a musty smell. Also at night you have to knock or go outside and go way around to the front to get to the main lobby. They lock the hallways so no one can get to the front desk.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
i0503, Owner at Howard Johnson Inn - Oklahoma City, responded to this review, July 31, 2010
Thank you for your review! I'm glad that you found our package deal useful, we've been having good success with that during this blazing summer heat! As I have stated in previous responses, we are always improving so I really do thank you for your honest feedback. Please stop by the next time you are in town and give us the chance to earn a perfect score.