“nice motel, good service”

Howard Johnson Inn - Oklahoma City
Ranked #26 of 154 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Reviewed October 15, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson
Write a ReviewReviews (1,016)

Reviewed October 10, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 2, 2012

On our way to New Mexico our father thought this would be a good place. The room were in 106 is pretty dirty, not filthy but dirty stained carpet, lampshades with holes and outlets with plates coming off the wall. I'm not expecting the Hilton, but figured this place would be clean. The plus side was free wifi and that was decent so I could download movies. The tv didn't work on half the channels so forget about hbo. Thank god I have my iPad and a good connection. It's not the worst place and apparently they have breakfast in the morning. I haven't tried it so ill reserve judgment. Given the competition I'd think this place would be nicer. This would be my last choice if I had to choose another option, but my father wanted this place so this is where we landed.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank Daveintucson
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Overall it was a nice enough room. One morning I found a roach dying on its back in the bathroom so at least you knew the room had been treated with insecticide. Also the microwave only heats on the potato function. The bed was comfortable and the recliner was a nice touch. The treadmill in the fitness room is broke.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

My non smoking room stunk as though someone had spent all day smoking in it, stubbing out their cig just moments before I walked in. Carpets actually felt greasy, which was gross.

Beds were comfortable, room seemed clean(aside from carpeting), but I was too tired to really inspect it further.

Sliding door entering from street to room seemed like it would be easy to pry open, which made me uncomfortable.

Hot breakfast was good, but a slight extension of the available hours would have been nice.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Friendly staff , clean rooms, good towels.. breakfast area clean and well kept.
parking lot and area clean..Looks nice..

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Ruby booked me. she was so helpful and so sweet. she hooked us up on our room amt, pet fee and a rollaway bed. cut us a great deal. after reading the reviews i weighed the pros w/the cons. if u want a 4 * hotel then go book a 4* hotel. Dont book a 2* and expect 4* treatment. i did get a 4* treatment from booking to ck out. We got a 1 king smoking. Of course the room is going to have a stale smell to it cause of smokers. the room was very welcoming. The bed spread was a quilt like bedding. Everything was very clean. ill give the room a 3 1/2* rating. we had a sliding glass door which made it easy to get in and out of our room to our car and to take our dog outside to potty. i WILL deffinately be booking here again if we make it back to OK city. our experience was awsome. oh, we put the do not disturb sign on our door so the maid wouldnt come clean up our room while we were out. when we got back they were in the hallways cleaning other rooms i asked if i could get coffee, creamers and extra towels. they were so sweet and let me get what i needed off of their cart. yes loved it all. restaurants are all close by. we walked out our door and walked to Louies sports bar and grill and ate. get their burgers. really really good and huge. the pool was very very clean.

Room Tip: our room was on the back side. it was more quieter cause its 1 way in and 1 way out. if u have a po...