“Mixed impression”

Hilton Garden Inn Oklahoma City Airport
Ranked #12 of 151 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I stayed at this property for one (1) night last month, before a flight out back to Austin, and had dinner in the on-site restaurant. After waiting 15 minutes for a salad, that finally arrived and was "brown lettuce" with caesar dressing. While I was waiting for my waitress to check on me, I noticed she was eating popcorn in the kitchen. Why wouldn't she be eating out-of-site? When my pasta finally arrived it was cold and not edible. About this time, the front desk manager cruised by my table and inquired how my dinner was going, and after I told her I was not impressed, she found my waitress who was texting or face booking, or whatever she was doing. I wondered, did she wash her hands? By this time, I had been there 40 minutes and being out of patience, I was done, anyway. My dinner was comped and I was offered a free desert or glass of wine, I declined. What I wanted was a double grey goose on the rocks.

The next morning I took the airport shuttle with a friendly young lady that didn't buckle her seat belt, and talked on her cell phone the entire (short) drive. Also, she forgot the ask if she could assist me with my bag. After we arrived at the airport and I retrieved my bag, she appeared at the curbside on her cell phone, looking for a tip. Oh well, the joys of business travel today.

Shame in you Hilton, I am a platinum member and won't be staying at your property if I ever am forced to return to OK City.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank BigSteveTx
There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Oklahoma City Airport

Reviewed August 5, 2013

Since I am sensitive to cigarette smoke, my husband requested a non-smoking room when checking in. Exiting the elevator into the hallway of our assigned floor, we were met by a strong odor of cigarette smoke, but saw non-smoking signs on a few doors. Our room did not have one. Upon entering, we found it was definitely a smoking room. Immediately calling the desk, my husband was reassured that it was non-smoking. He asked why, then, was there an ashtray and matches on the table. The reply was that the housekeeper had just not taken it out, and they are trying to convert the property to all non-smoking. Then she offered to move us down the (smoke filled) hall. My husband replied with a request to be moved to a floor that was entirely non-smoking. Otherwise, we would need to leave. We were then moved. I suppose there were no rooms available like our original. We were given an upgrade - fresh and clean. Additionally, we were compensated with coupons for breakfast which was totally unexpected, but greatly appreciated.

Room Tip: If it is important, make your smoking preference clear.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank TexasSM
Reviewed July 31, 2013

After traveling all day, it was nice to have easy access to this hotel. We had an easy check-in, with a nice staff. Our room was clean and quiet which are two of the things we look for in a hotel.

We had dinner in the Great American Grill in the hotel as we did not want to drive anymore. I don't think else ever eats there!! They seemed surprised to see us at 5:30 p.m. They didn’t have any Pinot Noir, so we had a Clos du Bois Merlot / Salmon on Bok Choy; Green Beans / Rice. It was good after finally getting waited on and the portions were huge. Quite relaxing since there was only one other couple eating.

We slept very well in the comfortable king bed. Breakfast was at 6:30 a.m., but they were not quite ready!! It was a good breakfast: Scrambled Eggs; Bacon; Fruit; Sausage & Gravy; Biscuits; Pastries. (Muffins came out after we were finished!!) All in all, a very nice hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 10, 2013

The room, 228, was outstanding and the quality of room service was unmeasurable. I enjoyed the service provided, especially on room security, cleanliness, and environmental peace I encountered during my stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Hotel was selected due to proximity to training location, airport as well as local restaurants. Most of our attendees are Hilton Honors members which was another influencing factor. Overall our expectations were met.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 25, 2013

This was my first time at a Hilton Garden Inn Hotel and I was quite impressed. I stayed at the HGI in Oklahoma City. We arrived early and the hotel staff was very helpful. The room was clean and fresh. The building appeared to be new and in very good condition. Had a nice outside pool. And for those folks who want something to eat without leaving the hotel, they offer a breakfast and dinner on site. Nothing fancy, but in a pinch, it was okay. Finally, they have an on demand shuttle to the airport which I used to catch a 6 a.m. flight. I recommend anyone traveling through Oklahoma City who needs a good hotel to stay at this facility. I think you will like it.

Room Tip: This is an excellent hotel and there is not a bad room in the facility
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Room was clean and quiet, close to elevator that moved quickly, breakfast had many choices. Staff was friendly and smiling!! Hotel was easy in and easy out. Lawn was groomed and litter gone. Public bathroom was wonderful . . . clean and inviting.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family