“Great service.”

Hilton Garden Inn Oklahoma City Airport
Ranked #12 of 154 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Great service. Easy location to find. Clean rooms, good food and nice fitness center. I used the laundry room one night and the security guard came in to check the room while I was there. That was comforting. There are fresh cookies at the counter.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
hilton801, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Oklahoma City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback on your most recent stay. We do strive for excellence each and every time with each and every guest. I have shared your comments with the staff and we do appreciate your positive recognition. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the Oklahoma City area.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

Well, except for the front desk's recommendation when we asked for a taxi to go to the Chesapeake Arena.

First, the hotel....clean, comfortable, well staffed, good breakfast. Shannan the manager was hanging around at breakfast, chatting and making sure everything was going well. She was very nice, pleasant, and obviously on top of her game. Mike the breakfast waiter was the best! Personable, friendly, and very helpful.

The front desk folks, well, they don't smile, that's for sure. Both rooms were in my name and to be billed to my AMEX. My brother checked in first and was not greeted as the Diamond member that I am. Later, his bill was charged to his credit card. Tsk Tsk. But a phone call to the hotel a few days later insured us they will credit his card and bill mine as originally instructed.

And lastly, and the only BAD part: We asked for a taxi to the arena and were given one card for Haji. I called Haji and he quoted $30 each way (should be about $20). I asked if he would consider $50 roundtrip and he became beligerent, saying that he was doing us a favor, he doesn't work for the hotel, he doesn't own a taxi but has an SUV (yeah, so?). We went with him anyway because I welcome a challenge LOL.

He arrived as planned and on time but was as rude as possible all the way to the arena. As a past limo driver in NYC, I thought it odd that not only did he not get out and open the door for us, he didn't even put the tinted windows down. Rude...no, make that downright NASTY. He had nothing nice to say about us, the hotel, OKC, or anything else we brought up. Needless to say, we didn't call him back after the concert, instead hailing a "regular" taxi, who was extremely nice and whose meter charged us $21 back to the hotel.

In my late teens I worked as a font desk clerk at a Fifth Avenue hotel in NYC and remember the great kickbacks from the limo/cab drivers, restauranteurs, and local shop owners. I get it. But just make sure who you are promoting as it reflects back on the hotel and its manager, who is probably unaware of the whole Haji gig.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Thank you so much for taking time to post this review of your recent stay. Your kind words have been shared with the rest of the staff. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Happy Travels

Reviewed March 23, 2013

The room was clean, smoking room, will seek Hilton in the future for sure. Pleasent staff, the layout was great. The only downside was the price in the vending machines, tell me how's that working for? Guest just buy outside and bring in.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for the great review on Trip advisor. We are delighted that you enjoyed the hotel and our staff. We hope to see you again soon! Warm Regards,

Reviewed March 16, 2013

I was given a smoking room, even though I booked a non-smoking room. Was not notified before arrival or at check in. Did not stay at hotel and was not compensated for my troubles of trying to find a new hotel at 11pm. Very disappointing. I left for the Hampton Inn in Bricktown; very nice and smoke free!

Room Tip: Call in advance to ensure you get a smoke free room.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank JayneSTL
hilton801, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Oklahoma City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2013

My sincerest apologies for us not placing you in the non smoking room you requested. We make every effort to accommodate each guest’s room request and are sorry we didn’t succeed with your request. We are working toward going a 100% non smoking and hope to have that achieved by the end of summer 2013. We hope that you will be back to give us another opportunity the next time you visit Oklahoma City. If there is anything I can do for you please do not hesitate to call and ask for the General Manager.

Reviewed March 6, 2013

Located on Oklahoma's "Hotel Row" in Oklahoma City (Meridian Ave), This property will not let you down. Spotless Clean, friendly staff, GREAT cooked to order breakfast. This was my second stay at a "Garden Inn" (first was in Syracuse, NY.) The "Brand" is for real.... One of the best places I have ever stayed at.

Room Tip: Any room... This place is great.....
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

I want to personally thank you for selecting our hotel for your visit to Oklahoma City. I appreciate your great comments regarding your most recent stay. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and we loved having you. We look forward to having you back again.

Reviewed February 22, 2013

I stay here about once a month. The staff are always friendly and helpful. The restaurant serves good food. The hotel has a nice fitness room with all that I need. The only issue that I have had with the hotel is that once or twice a year there are about a million birds on the billboards, electric wires and trees. I have never seen anything like it and it is a bit annoying. Overall though, a great, low drama hotel located in a good spot with good access to restaurants, shopping needs etc.

Room Tip: Stay on a higher floor.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for being our guest and for the nice comments about our hotel. The birds have not been back in a while and we are hoping they have moved to another part of the city. We hope that you will be back as our guest the next time you visit Oklahoma City.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

I stayed at this hotel while making a road trip. I read Conrad Hilton's "Be my guest" book years ago, and I've been a Hilton fan ever since, so my first preference tends to be: to find a Hilton. I checked into this Hilton at about 2 a.m. after driving to OKC all the way from Arizona in the same day.

In every way I can list, the quality was wonderful -- the check-in gentleman especially. What made it especially nice is how transgender-friendly *everyone* was.

I’m a 6′ tall transgender girl, clearly not a genetically integrated girl and clearly not male either. My aesthetics have an effect that tends to fluster especially young males, and not in a good way. I take it as it comes but I don’t like it.

I just finished writing a review about another hotel where the front-desk staff seemed to feel so awkward that I chose to leave early. They weren't mean, just struggling to deal with the concept. By contrast, everyone I dealt with at this Hilton Garden Inn either has received good training on what transgender girls are and how to deal with us (like any other girl) or everyone was just naturally gracious and savvy.

Either way, my stay there was super-nice and I liked it a lot. It's such a relief to simply be treated like the girl that I essentially am, without it being an issue.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank TanyaCharbury
hilton801, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Oklahoma City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2013

Thank you so very much for taking the time to compliment our hotel and our wonderful team. We strive to treat everyone with the kindness and hospitality they deserve. We hope that you will be back to stay with us the next time you are in Oklahoma City and make this your “home away from home”.