“not enough cleaners carpets badly stained on our floor”

Sheraton Oklahoma City Downtown Hotel
Ranked #31 of 150 Hotels in Oklahoma City
uk
“not enough cleaners carpets badly stained on our floor”
Reviewed November 17, 2010

hotel old and shabby, 4th. floor hall carpet badly stained, our room was on 4th floor seemed short of cleaning staff, dust everywhere. could not fault the staff that they did have, they worked very hard. would not stay there again not what you expect from the Sheraton group. had booked and payed for a week.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank UkGeorgina

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
Ft Worth Texas
Reviewed November 10, 2010

This is an old hotel that has been redone. The room was clean and quiet. The rugs were stainned and need replacing. As usual with Sheratons, the staff was very good and the beds very comfortable. We got a good deal through Expedia that included breakfast. With newer hotels in Bricktown, I probably wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank msboots
Washington, D.C.
Reviewed November 4, 2010

I've stayed at the Sheraton Oklahoma City for 3 weeks out of the last 5 weeks that I've been traveling to OKC for work. The staff is always friendly. And if I were reviewing the hotel just for the staff, I would recommend it.

Unfortunately, the hotel is one of the noisiest that I've stayed in EVER and I travel at least three weeks out of the month every month. Any room I've been in, I can always hear someone walking in the room above me. And if you get a room that adjoins to another guest room, you can forget about having private conversations because you can hear everything through the thin walls and door.

This last stay I had a room by the service elevator and it nearly drove me over the edge. I was able to hear the mechanisms of the elevator as it worked. And as staff came in and out of that area, doors were slammed.

I'm sure the hotel is good on a short stay for those that don't travel often. But hotels have become my home away from home and unfortunately, the Sheraton Oklahoma City doesn't provide the serene comfort that I seek when traveling as often as I do.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank mjm2933
ikedar, Manager at Sheraton Oklahoma City Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, March 6, 2011
Thank you for your feedback. We value your business and I hope we may have another opportunity to take care of you in the future.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed October 31, 2010

My husband in a were in town for an OU game and wanted to enjoy a little nicer hotel than what Norman had to offer. We booked this hotel through priceline and were very impressed with everything from the friendliness of the front desk staff to the the cleanliness of the rooms. The room was very nice for a 3 1/2 star and was unbelievable for the price we paid.

Because the game was late, we didn't get back to the room until well after midnight. We found the parking garage to be very well lit and seemed safe.

Our only complaint is that we were hoping to sleep late and around 7 am we could hear the people above us walking around. We were on the 14 floor (there are only 15), so this was a little disappointing but would not hinder us from returning.

This hotel is in a great location and is very well taken care of.

• Stayed October 2010
1 Thank sarab2002
Austin, Tx
Reviewed October 30, 2010

I stayed here every week for about a month and a half. At least half of those weeks I found a complimentary hair somewhere in my room. Sometimes it would be under the pillow. One week it was under soap in the soapdish. I mean really. If you replace the soap and don't see the huge hair you're placing it on, I can just imagine the effort that goes into other activities at that establishment. The hotel smells funny; especially the lobby. It needs work to come up to par to just about every other hotel in downtown Oklahoma City. I'm pretty sure the only way they're staying in business is that they're lowballing corporate rates so that people will stay there. There are so many more options that I highly encourage you to look elsewhere. It won't be the end of the world to stay here, but it's worth it to stay somewhere else for a few dollars more. You'll thank me.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank jodymcd
SOKC, Manager at Sheraton Oklahoma City Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, November 1, 2010
I really appreciate you taking a moment to share your feedback. We welcome all opportunities to improve our services. I want to personally apologize for the poor experience you had. Rest assured I will share your feedback with our Housekeeping associates.
New York
Reviewed October 21, 2010

The front desk staff the concierge and the several courtesy van operators that I met could not have done enough for us. The hotel is also located walking distance to most everything including a bus station that took us to Stockyards City and the Cowboy Heritage center. I can not stop talking about the hotel and my trip to OKC

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank EsterQ
SOKC, Manager at Sheraton Oklahoma City Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, October 26, 2010
Thank you for your positive feedback! We look forward to welcoming you back again!
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed October 12, 2010

This hotel is walking distance to downtown OKC attractions and also has a great restaurant and bar if you need to stay indoors.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business